LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME titles

Gildahl

7 minutes ago, Gildahl said:

So what is the right way?  ...and how do I update the titles in situ without having to re-import everything?

You can import many ways such as drag & drop, folder scan, or if importing a full Mame rom set use the "Full Mame Rom Set Importer". Just need to make sure your arcade platform has the scrape to set as "Arcade".

I'll have to look at it more closely.  I did scrape with "Arcade" and I have all the correct metadata (notes, images, etc.)...it's just the Titles that are incorrect.  i.e. dkong instead of "Donkey Kong" for example.

Edited by Gildahl

55 minutes ago, Gildahl said:

I'll have to look at it more closely.  I did scrape with "Arcade" and I have all the correct metadata (notes, images, etc.)...it's just the Titles that are incorrect.  i.e. dkong instead of "Donkey Kong" for example.

Yeah, definitely sounds like you didnt import a full romset using that specific importer, correct?

51 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah, definitely sounds like you didnt import a full romset using that specific importer, correct?

Yes, this was a partial set.  Odd since all the other platforms I've imported roms for obtained correct titles.  Since there doesn't appear to be a way to refresh the metadata (images yes, but apparently not names), I guess I'll have to delete and start over using the option you mention.  Its kinda strange though that I'd need to choose an option for mame that expressly says that its for emulators other than mame, hehe. 

That option should not need to be checked. I do not import the full mame rom set and that option is not ticked when I drag and drop random Mame roms from my set to add to my set-up.

Can you right click your Mame.Arcade platform in LB (right click the name in the left hand pane) and edit. Then post a pic of the details tab.

Below is an import of a random Mame rom using drag&drop to import. LB found the games metadata and in the last screen you can see it is renaming the game correctly. Nothing special done on import and that option is not checked. (disregard that "skip unplayable in Mame" is unchecked).

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 7.42.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 7.39.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 8.21.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 7.42.36 AM.png