LaunchBox Community Forums

No sound in video

Truest1

Hey guys why am I not hearing sound in Launchbox when in edit game mode in images - video?. When I click ah video the video plays but no sound. I have another 4th Launchbox build. And that sound works. Just not on my 10 TB version why is this ? Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing ? Please help. Please see attached picturScreenshot_20220121-200257_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3701d47678abce2cbc8402a0042a6cd5.jpg

1) Have you played the video from Windows File Explorer and verified that video file HAS audio?
2) Have you verified your LB volume isn't set to 0
3) What video playback engine are you using? This can be found in the Options of LaunchBox. Should be VLC or Windows Media Player.
4) Select the opposite engine and restart LaunchBox, does the issue still occur?

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

1) Have you played the video from Windows File Explorer and verified that video file HAS audio?
3) What video playback engine are you using? This can be found in the Options of LaunchBox. Should be VLC or Windows Media Player.
4) Select the opposite engine and restart LaunchBox, does the issue still occur?

Hi thank you for the replies. Yes i did try the videos from the video folder and they do have sound. I do get sound when playing games in Launchbox and in big box mode. Just not in Launchbox edit window. 

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Ok your the man brother i never noticed there was a volume knob at bottom right like you said. That worked. Tha k you for your help. 

On 1/24/2022 at 10:53 AM, C-Beats said:

Question when I go in and out of the game edit windows. Sometimes the video snaps plays i go into the edit window and it keeps playing in background. And even after I'm done with editing the game. And go into another game. That previous game video snap audio keeps saying in background. I have to stop and close Launchbox and reopen to stop it from playing. Is this a bug? 

4 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Question when I go in and out of the game edit windows. Sometimes the video snaps plays i go into the edit window and it keeps playing in background. And even after I'm done with editing the game. And go into another game. That previous game video snap audio keeps saying in background. I have to stop and close Launchbox and reopen to stop it from playing. Is this a bug? 

This is being looked at in another thread.

• Like 1