LaunchBox Community Forums

PS2 Import Issue

moudrost

I'm using the scan for added PS2 games option. Each time I run this, there is always ~100 ish games that go through the steps of importing, however when its done saving the records it will say 0 files imported.

image.thumb.png.0125d2d5e2e19651e982952da11ff243.png

image.png.7c01a4b7839c85368566662a0d4aff34.png

Is this a known issue? Is there a way for these to get imported so they stop showing as new? Its a tiny percentage overall, but would like to get it corrected if possible.

That is the first thing I checked.

Here are a few random samplings from that screen capture.

Looking for Deadly Skies III returns one result and its not the game in the list.

image.thumb.png.be2ff7c8d21ce37e52a33ad8b3fbf80c.png

Air Ranger Rescue Helicopter is there, however its the European version and not the Japanese one I want to import.

image.thumb.png.e0cc3fa7c5e55188ad6330da4ac5c753.png

I have the North American version of Dororo, but not the 2 Japanese versions in the list.

image.thumb.png.f0135d228af506765099b88ff2261671.png

Burnout Revenge returns no results.

image.thumb.png.285df0d0cd6385bc13dfc8e6b82ee79f.png

I have been piecing together my PS2 set for some time now and these specific games always show up along with the other titles that will import just fine. I'm done with the set now and it doesn't matter how many times I try, it goes through the motion as if these will import but will say 0 import each time.

Any suggestion on how to proceed? Due to the sheer size, I originally imported this set one letter of the alphabet at a time. As I downloaded one, I used the scan for added ROMs and moved on to the next letter. Would wiping out the imported and doing a full import again in one shot possibly work? It may not be as painful as it once was with all the speed improvements to the download process recently added.

I ran across the same issue as I was updating my 3DS set. This does seem to be a bug with the scan for added ROMs function not being able to handle merging with existing variations correctly. I went ahead and deleted both sets completely from LB and imported in full and the problem is gone. I'm not sure if this issue will come back up if I add any missing ROMs in the future, but for now at least all the games have been loaded.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, moudrost said:

I'm using the scan for added PS2 games option. Each time I run this, there is always ~100 ish games that go through the steps of importing, however when its done saving the records it will say 0 files imported.

image.thumb.png.0125d2d5e2e19651e982952da11ff243.png

image.png.7c01a4b7839c85368566662a0d4aff34.png

Is this a known issue? Is there a way for these to get imported so they stop showing as new? Its a tiny percentage overall, but would like to get it corrected if possible.

The first thing I'd check is to make sure you do not have anything hidden under View > Hide Games

I don't hide games. I'll hide the occasional BIOS if its showing up but that is it. I didn't even have the opportunity to do anything with the PS2 and 3DS.Both of them followed the same pattern. Import around 1/3 of the images/ROMs to get the ball rolling. Prepare the next 1/3 or so and then scan for added ROMs. Each time I did that a certain percentage would get stuck and say over an over they were ready to import and then not import. The ROM did not import and the ROM was not already there. I'm not sure why it would ignore a USA version of a game when there was only a EUR or JPN imported. I gave up trying to locate some of them due to language variations I couldn't locate. Wasn't returning in search, but its possible the name was so different I couldn't locate it.

Regardless, a full wipe and import corrected the behavior. Doesn't seem like this would be by design, but if it is, this thread might be useful to someone else having the same issue.