LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 0.241 nag screen

marcosgaming

Hi guys, 

now with new feature of LaunchBox it's possible to configure automatically last Mame. 

I've downloaded from pleasuredome last version of Romset 0.241 (merge) and try to follow new installation on launchbox. All is automatic now. Fantastic.

But i have problem of nag screen on games. How to remove it? 

I try to follow this guide:

but don't works. How is possible? 

Please help me. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

What is the exact issue?

The only thing you do with MadK9's no-nag is drop his Mame.exe file into the root folder where the original Mame.exe file is to override it. Nothing else needs to be done.

Already do it, but when i launch X-Men or galaga start always strange video before load game, it's normal ??

3 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

Oh sure? Because I see a video on YouTube and when he launch xmen starts soon video trailer of game and not screen colored. Can you check please this too... 

Unsure in Xmen as I have not played it in a while, but I do know that is normal for Galaga. Why not compare on your end.

Launch both games using a normal version of .241 Mame and then Launch both games using a version with the NoNag and see what happens.

14 hours ago, marcosgaming said:

Oh sure? Because I see a video on YouTube and when he launch xmen starts soon video trailer of game and not screen colored. Can you check please this too... 

Those screens you see are exactly how the real game booted up when turned off/on so has nothing to do with the MAME version or the romset.  If you are seeing videos where it boots right into game screen that is because they have save states (likely) turned on (not all games have this ability).  Then the game boots to the last memory state versus booting up from scratch thereby skipping some of the screens you reference such as Galaga.  You can toggle it on by editing your Mame.ini file and looking for "Autosave" entry.  Note you cannot use this with the LB high score feature. it doesn't work with all games, and everytime you update your MAME.EXE it will reset the save state back to full startup.  

image.png.5ef8969eefad624c1ea906be6e6beba3.png

Edited by sundogak