LaunchBox Community Forums

Please help. Dolphin will not load rvz files.

AJGarcia9895

So I imported all my .RVZ Wii game files into launchbox. When I tried to launch the games using the dolphin emulator, it gives me a black screen and then crashes. I read that I may need to upgrade my launchbox? However I can’t do that with a license I have as I can’t update beyond April 2020. Is it necessary to upgrade or is there something else that can be done? Thanks for all your help in advance.

2 hours ago, AJGarcia9895 said:

So I imported all my .RVZ Wii game files into launchbox. When I tried to launch the games using the dolphin emulator, it gives me a black screen and then crashes. I read that I may need to upgrade my launchbox? However I can’t do that with a license I have as I can’t update beyond April 2020. Is it necessary to upgrade or is there something else that can be done? Thanks for all your help in advance.

Cant help with the specific issue, but Launchbox itself doesnt care what the file type is, so it's not a file type problem.

6 hours ago, AJGarcia9895 said:

What we really need to know is do the games run fine directly in Dolphin without using LB?

If yes, then your issue is not the emulator or the rom. It is a setting in LB.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

is there an advantage of using .rvz vs .iso?

all my roms are in .iso format, but just received a new gamecube dump that are all in .rvz format. should i use this instead?

RVZ is compressed where as ISO is not. Moving to RVZ would save you quite a bit of space. Outside of the space savings I don't believe there is any noticeable difference between the two.

• 2 weeks later...