LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 now has QT GUI - how to launch with LB

TheNewClassics

5 hours ago, Drodrick said:

Games are not opening for me on PCSX version 1.7.5973 

Can you provide some more details?  When you launch a game, is the emulator window showing? It just doesn't load the game(s)? After the startup screen is it going right back to LaunchBox with nothing else happening?  Can the games open when starting them directly in the emulator?

On 7/11/2024 at 7:17 AM, JoeViking245 said:

Can you provide some more details?  When you launch a game, is the emulator window showing? It just doesn't load the game(s)? After the startup screen is it going right back to LaunchBox with nothing else happening?  Can the games open when starting them directly in the emulator?

Hi! yes games perfectly run from emulator, when I try to lunch them from lunchbox tries to open pcsx2 I got like a flash and it closes immediately

31 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

Hi! yes games perfectly run from emulator, when I try to lunch them from lunchbox tries to open pcsx2 I got like a flash and it closes immediately

A couple things it may be..

Edit your emulator (BTW, the main details section you showed in your previous post appeared fine). In the Associated Platforms section, make sure Extract ROMs is un-checked.

Edit one of the games you're having issues with and go to the Launching section and make sure the game is pointing to a .chd file or .cue file (and not a .bin file)

If you have been testing PCSX2 and have multiple installs on your computer, make sure the one you tested with (outside of LaunchBox) is the same as the one your PCSX2 emulator is pointing to in LaunchBox.   "E:\Play station 2 (6gen.)\Emulators\Pcsx2Qt\pcsx2-qt.exe"

If (again, 'been testing') you have more than on emulator instance of PCSX2 in LaunchBox (under Edit Emulators), make sure the "good one" is the one set as Default Emulator (in the Associated Platforms section).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

A couple things it may be..

Edit your emulator (BTW, the main details section you showed in your previous post appeared fine). In the Associated Platforms section, make sure Extract ROMs is un-checked.

Edit one of the games you're having issues with and go to the Launching section and make sure the game is pointing to a .chd file or .cue file (and not a .bin file)

If you have been testing PCSX2 and have multiple installs on your computer, make sure the one you tested with (outside of LaunchBox) is the same as the one your PCSX2 emulator is pointing to in LaunchBox.   "E:\Play station 2 (6gen.)\Emulators\Pcsx2Qt\pcsx2-qt.exe"

If (again, 'been testing') you have more than on emulator instance of PCSX2 in LaunchBox (under Edit Emulators), make sure the "good one" is the one set as Default Emulator (in the Associated Platforms section).

Awesome you were right I have another pcsx2 emulator for old version I just delete it and refreshed all and it is working thanks so much!

Edited by Drodrick
  • Game On 1