LaunchBox Community Forums

Help Needed to create new links from old drive to new!

Rich1001

I have had to put launchbox on my new laptop due to the old one falling.  I copied over my Launchbox folder from my old drive and all the games show in the Library but the paths to the games are not working.

I copied over all the games and put the games in to the Launchbox folder but all links are broken.

Can someone save my sanity and help me please.

I have had to put Launchbox on to my new laptop due to old old failing. I copied over my Launchbox folder from old drive and all games show in the library but the paths to the games are not working.

I copied over all the games and put the games in to the Launchbox folder but all links are broken.

PLEASE HELP!!

54 minutes ago, Rich1001 said:

I have had to put launchbox on my new laptop due to the old one falling.  I copied over my Launchbox folder from my old drive and all the games show in the Library but the paths to the games are not working.

Can someone save my sanity and help me please.

I'd recommend you do the following per platform. Navigate to the platform select any item in the grid, then press CTRL+A to select everything, then go to the Tools Menu and in the File Management section is an item that reads similar to "Change ROM Path for selected games" use that tool to point to the folder they are located in now and it should correct it for you. You emulators will require you to manually point each on to the correct folder.

sorry double thread 1st time posted on here.

I tried that but when I go in to the drives where they are they show them in the folders on c drive but when I look at them for example NES drive when trying to locate them none of the games show. 

22 hours ago, Rich1001 said:

sorry double thread 1st time posted on here.

I tried that but when I go in to the drives where they are they show them in the folders on c drive but when I look at them for example NES drive when trying to locate them none of the games show. 

Are you saying that when you use the method @C-Beats gave, that when you go to pick a folder that folder shows as empty?  That's normal.

Yes I tried that method but still the games won’t load. 

As mentioned I copied the folder over from my previous laptop and transferred all the games over and put them in the Launchbox folder.

Is it cause all files are linked to old laptop or Do I need to download all the emulators again for it to work or have to do something else? 

21 minutes ago, Rich1001 said:

Yes I tried that method but still the games won’t load. 

As mentioned I copied the folder over from my previous laptop and transferred all the games over and put them in the Launchbox folder.

Is it cause all files are linked to old laptop or Do I need to download all the emulators again for it to work or have to do something else? 

Can you provide pics. Pics of what you are seeing when you take the steps to change the rom path location and pics of inside the actual new rom folder.

Game roms and emulators do not really link to any specific pc/laptop installation. If you have SNES roms on one pc and move them to another you just move them. Like pretty much any other file type.

You mentioned you transferred the games but did you also download emulators on the new laptop?