LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear Logo in current Default theme, game details sidebar

Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to replace the game title in the LaunchBox details sidebar with the clear logo. Similar to how Big Box will display the logo and then fall back to text for the title. I've poked around in the XAML files a bit but haven't been able to pull it off. Thanks for any suggestions!

image.thumb.png.8fd4e6fbcc6597edefa23d937c3c43c2.png

It is possible. Keep in in mind though if you are trying to edit one of LB's Default themes directly it will never work as the theme will always revert to its stock code to ensure the theme is always working.

You would need to copy the Default theme and then Rename it what every you want. Then you can edit it.

If you look at a couple of the recent LB custom themes there are some that are using Clear Logos instead of text for game titles. The views are different, but you can at least poke around in the code to see how it was pulled of. Steamy and Big Details are 2 themes that do this.

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Default Plus would be a far easier theme to take a look into to see how the Clear Logo is displayed. I believe @Retrofrogg also have a GameDetailsView.xaml file floating around that does it as well.

Wow! That's like 90% of the way to what I've been trying to do all around. 🤦‍♂️ Thanks for pointing that one out, I hadn't seen it before.

Yes, I had previously edited one of the themes (it may have been default plus, or maybe I copied the default plus code across to my version of the default theme) to do something like this. I remember having difficulty in getting the backup items to show (i.e. if there is no banner then show the clear logo, and if there is no clear logo then show the game name). It's something I'd like to revisit. I'll take a look at it again over the next few days. If anyone knows how to achieve this with code, any pointers would be much appreciated.