LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Launchbox for ebooks/comics

Ron Nichols

So thanks to some talented people on here it has come to my attention that you can launch more than just games with Launchbox namely ebooks and comics as long as they are in zip files.  Between CDisplay EX and SumatraPDF I am building a great library for my books and comics.

https://imgur.com/eX4UWAB

https://imgur.com/S60oKHc

Anyone else doing something similar?

Edited by Ron Nichols

So the comic books work perfectly but I cannot get the books working in Launchbox.  It seems getting ebook readers to launch books from a command line isn't possible. 

AKA ebookreader.exe C:\books\peter_pan.epub does not work.  I am beginning to think using Launchbox for books isn't even possible.  Anyone have any ideas?  I had thought 

I might be able to use Launchbox for all my entertainment needs and have everything on there.  Thanks and god bless.

• 1 year later...

It's fantastic to see how versatile this software can be, allowing you to organize not only games but also ebooks and comics in zip files. Your library looks impressive, and it's a great way to have all your digital reading materials in one place.Speaking of digital libraries, if you ever want to expand your reading horizons beyond comics and ebooks, you can check out bookwormera.com. They offer a delightful series filled with historical romance and captivating stories that might be a nice addition to your digital collection.It's always inspiring to see how technology can enhance our reading experiences.

Edited by KassidyHancock