LaunchBox Community Forums

[WIP] Shade

Arcanthur

3 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Need custom sounds, pause and startup/shutdown menus matching too :)

But yeah, looks great so far

Yep, eventually I'll work on those too.

3 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

where the game title is, could make a space there for the clear logo instead of text? would suit the Netflix style vibe

I thought about it but I'm not quite sold on the idea, though I might offer the option to use either.

• Game On 1

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

This is looking good. The subtle transition from the game fanart to the video is nice. Just the right amount of fade/transition speed.

Have you messed with the Text List View any? I am typically not a wheel user for game level and prefer text list (I do use wheels on platform and playlist level). So very curious how you might approach that view if you do at all.

Thanks!  Yeah I definitely plan on doing some sort of vertical list view.  After I consider this viewtype feature complete I'll move on to the others.

• Like 1

• Arcanthur changed the title to [WIP] Shade (previously unnamed)

Updated video in the first post to reflect latest changes.  Added a subtle blurred video effect behind the metadata.  I attempted to use the selected video (which works in the Community Theme Creator), but it appears BigBox doesn't like 2 of the same video being played at the same time.  Had to use random gameplay video.  Maybe it's a bug in BigBox, but I'm not sure.  I tried playing with z-order / and visibility conditions, but nothing would allow 2 of the same video to be played.

7 hours ago, Arcanthur said:

Updated video in the first post to reflect latest changes.  Added a subtle blurred video effect behind the metadata.  I attempted to use the selected video (which works in the Community Theme Creator), but it appears BigBox doesn't like 2 of the same video being played at the same time.  Had to use random gameplay video.  Maybe it's a bug in BigBox, but I'm not sure.  I tried playing with z-order / and visibility conditions, but nothing would allow 2 of the same video to be played.

Playing two videos at the same time requires use of FlowVideo control which I'm unsure CTC utilizes. If you're looking to make an exact copy for things like a reflection it's best to utilize a visual brush that points to the element to do so instead of playing an actual video. Both would require manually editing your theme XAML as far as I am aware.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:39 AM, C-Beats said:

Playing two videos at the same time requires use of FlowVideo control which I'm unsure CTC utilizes. If you're looking to make an exact copy for things like a reflection it's best to utilize a visual brush that points to the element to do so instead of playing an actual video. Both would require manually editing your theme XAML as far as I am aware.

I'm able to get two different videos to play now, but when I try to make them the same video it doesn't play.

I'll look in to the visual brush, does it allow for the "copied" video to have its own XY coordinates?  I'm also applying a blur and opacity mask. 

If it doesn't allow for that, I can stick with the second video, though the effect is nicer to look at when it matches the selected video.

1 minute ago, Arcanthur said:

I'm able to get two different videos to play now, but when I try to make them the same video it doesn't play.

I'll look in to the visual brush, does it allow for the "copied" video to have its own XY coordinates?  I'm also applying a blur and opacity mask. 

If it doesn't allow for that, I can stick with the second video, though the effect is nicer to look at when it matches the selected video.

Yeah, you can apply the visual brush to any element's background and put it where ever you want

• Arcanthur changed the title to [WIP] Shade

Just wanted to drop in and give an update.  I'm pausing development for a few days on Shade to try and finish some of my 2D cartridge sets.  @dragon57 has graciously lent his time to help with getting them completed.  I'll have some more updates on Shade soon though.

Edited by Arcanthur
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...