LaunchBox Community Forums

New Theme Documentation?

Luvkraft

Hey guys, in the new update, 12.14. It says we have new theme documentation, located in the Themes folder where the old one was. Looking over it, I don't really see any new info? I did only do a quick Tab vs Tab comparison in Adobe Reader, so I didn't read too deep into the pages. Has the info changed?

3 hours ago, Luvkraft said:

Hey guys, in the new update, 12.14. It says we have new theme documentation, located in the Themes folder where the old one was. Looking over it, I don't really see any new info? I did only do a quick Tab vs Tab comparison in Adobe Reader, so I didn't read too deep into the pages. Has the info changed?

+1 on this. I was looking for info on how to keep the selected item centered in textlistview (among others) but couldn't find anything there. It says "Last Updated March, 2021" so that was either an error or it hasn't been updated yet

The document was update but the "last update date" did not change in the new pdf. You do need to run BB at least once for the new document pdf to reflect the changes. Some of the new documentation appears around page 30 (Converters). If you see that then your document is updated.

The document WAS updated, I just forgot we had a modified date at the top when I added my bits to it. You need to run Big Box once for it to appear, but after that you should see the change. The new doc is something like 16 pages longer than the old one so there definitely PLENTY of good stuff in there to be had.

@bundangdon The behavior your looking for is listed on the last page of the doc

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The document WAS updated, I just forgot we had a modified date at the top when I added my bits to it. You need to run Big Box once for it to appear, but after that you should see the change. The new doc is something like 16 pages longer than the old one so there definitely PLENTY of good stuff in there to be had.

@bundangdon The behavior your looking for is listed on the last page of the doc

Thanks a lot @C-Beats I was able to find the information on pages 36-37 regarding the ability to center the selected item in the text list view. However, I wasn't able to get it to work with the default theme. Since I'm no expert in coding (far from it too), this was no surprise to me. For now, I'll just wait until a solution comes along 

12 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Thanks a lot @C-Beats I was able to find the information on pages 36-37 regarding the ability to center the selected item in the text list view. However, I wasn't able to get it to work with the default theme. Since I'm no expert in coding (far from it too), this was no surprise to me. For now, I'll just wait until a solution comes along 

That behavior IS the solution, we aren't adding that functionality to the Default theme. Were you altering files in the default folder or did you copy the files to a different folder first?

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

That behavior IS the solution, we aren't adding that functionality to the Default theme. Were you altering files in the default folder or did you copy the files to a different folder first?

I was just trying to alter the TextListView.xaml in the original "Default" theme folder, just to see if I could get that functionality to work, without any success as mentioned before. Maybe it can't be applied to this theme?

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You can't alter default in it's folder, you need to copy the folder (and rename it) and then change files there or your changes will get overwritten on startup

Okay, that makes sense. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks again for the help!