LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiding Teknoparrot emulator during launch

jfree427

Is there a way to extend the "Now Loading" screen when launching a TP game? TP takes a while to get going and often the screen goes back to Bigbox menu before TP even comes up. People using my machine will often think it isn't loading and try it again, which teknoparrot then gives an error.

Any thoughts on how to better hide all the behind the scenes loading activities while still letting my game players know to be patient?

Thanks.

What you're referring to is the startup screen. If inside of LaunchBox you go to Tools > Manage > Emulators and edit TeknoParrot emulator, you should see a page on the left of the window called "Startup Screen" in there is an option to increase how long that screen stays up.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

What you're referring to is the startup screen. If inside of LaunchBox you go to Tools > Manage > Emulators and edit TeknoParrot emulator, you should see a page on the left of the window called "Startup Screen" in there is an option to increase how long that screen stays up.

Thank you. Rather than at the emulator level, I've found it best to tweak the startup screen time game by game, since the load times vary. I was hopeful that there would be a way to have a callback for when TP was done loading, rather than making it time based but I imagine that would be very complex.

Appreciate your help.

5 hours ago, jfree427 said:

Thank you. Rather than at the emulator level, I've found it best to tweak the startup screen time game by game, since the load times vary. I was hopeful that there would be a way to have a callback for when TP was done loading, rather than making it time based but I imagine that would be very complex.

Appreciate your help.

Teknoparrot is the only system I still use RocketLauncher for.

It has active window scanning for just the thing you want. 

Additionally, when possible I use JConfig over Teknoparrot when possible as it launches dramatically faster and LB's startup screens work well enough.

13 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Teknoparrot is the only system I still use RocketLauncher for.

It has active window scanning for just the thing you want. 

Additionally, when possible I use JConfig over Teknoparrot when possible as it launches dramatically faster and LB's startup screens work well enough.

I never thought about using RL for Teknoparrot. I will give that a try. Thanks for the idea!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, Sbaby said:

hi, I tried this module but I still have problems loading, could you kindly tell me how you configure it?

What exactly was the issue you are having?

Did you set up the per game settings and specifically set up the window TP waits for before switching from the startup screens?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Headrush69
Added example.

3 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

What exactly was the issue you are having?

Did you set up the per game settings and specifically set up the window TP waits for before switching from the startup screens?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Through your screenshots I understand 😊

I used FadeTitle ahk class obtained with ctrl-q instead I have to insert those contained in TeknoParrot (v1.0.0.361).ini

Now I have tried with VT4 and it works

Thank you

EDIT :
The problem is actually that it did not read the ini file because of the names,
maybe because I use the launchbox plug in,   I had to rename it like this

[Virtua Tennis 4]
GameProfile=VT4
FadeTitle=A SegaLib Application ahk_class SegaLib Application

To

[VT4]
GameProfile=VT4

anyway works now

Edited by Sbaby

1 hour ago, Sbaby said:

I used FadeTitle ahk class obtained with ctrl-q instead I have to insert those contained in TeknoParrot (v1.0.0.361).ini

Yes some of them are preset, but at one point during TP versions some of them changed and had to be updated. Editting them in the RL GUI should update the ini.

1 hour ago, Sbaby said:

The problem is actually that it did not read the ini file because of the names,
maybe because I use the launchbox plug in,   I had to rename it like this

[Virtua Tennis 4]
GameProfile=VT4

[VT4]
GameProfile=VT4

Yup. Has to match the game name LB passes to RL.

1 hour ago, Sbaby said:

anyway works now

Great. 👍