LaunchBox Community Forums

Music box alpha

Newlander

Hey Guys!

I have a license for music box alpha and haven't seen any updates for a while, have checked the website/forum asking the same thing , is the project abandoned or just dormant for the time being? :) was hoping to see some native launchbox/big box integration between the apps. would be awesome to have bigbox playing music from music box while in attract mode :)

Edited by Newlander

2 hours ago, Newlander said:

Hey Guys!

I have a license for music box alpha and haven't seen any updates for a while, have checked the website/forum asking the same thing , is the project abandoned or just dormant for the time being? :) was hoping to see some native launchbox/big box integration between the apps. would be awesome to have bigbox playing music from music box while in attract mode :)

It's not abandoned; I still use it myself. However, I'm definitely more focused on other things for the moment (such as LaunchBox for Android). It's been a base hit for us, but can't be anywhere near as high of a priority, because it's not nearly as popular as LaunchBox. I expect I will be back to development on it at some point, but it will probably be a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I can totally understand that it's not a priority. 

However, I'm sure a lot of Big Box aficionados would buy a licence if they could use their arcade cabinets as a fully working digital jukebox with arcade buttons. Big Box is already pretty close to that goal except for the music queueing feature that's missing. Also the popup that shows what song is currently playing would need to be permanent on screen.

Here's hoping for a major update sometime in the (near) future!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, Jason Carr said:

It's not abandoned; I still use it myself. However, I'm definitely more focused on other things for the moment (such as LaunchBox for Android). It's been a base hit for us, but can't be anywhere near as high of a priority, because it's not nearly as popular as LaunchBox. I expect I will be back to development on it at some point, but it will probably be a while.

If MusicBox Alpha has a theme-supported view like Launchbox it will be awesome because my good artwork for albums song artists and turning vinyl images looks awesome.

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 10:59 AM, eonder87 said:

If MusicBox Alpha has a theme-supported view like Launchbox it will be awesome because my good artwork for albums song artists and turning vinyl images looks awesome.

Has it moved on at all since this post started? Bit gutted because I bought a licence yesterday based on my assumption that it was new and under development and on the basis that Launchbox is such a beautiful and well supported tool. If I thought Music Box was going to dawdle along I think I would've stuck with Music Bee.