LaunchBox Community Forums

A little like Jonny Severn and SirCamel, I've been cleaning up box art for years now (I've hit 10,277 successful submissions to date....somehow).

I don't have photoshop or anything fancy, just a few old art packages, some good free websites for enlarging images, creating transparencies and finding out what fonts are used - AND perseverance!).

My biggest submission project to date has been the reconstructed Nintendo Game & Watch boxes (all previously uploaded to the Db) - which started as a challenge to myself to see how far I could push / punish PowerPoint - but my OCD drove me to recreate all the boxes inc. as many regional variations as I could (I'll upload one here as example).

I don't have a lot of time - so I cannot take on any requests....but hope what I do upload helps someone out there to either use as is or take to the next level if they have Photoshop.

First uploads:

The Last Ninja - C64 Cassette version (front, back and spine)
N64 Box Spines (28x USA Boxes, 2x EUROPE)
Nintendo G&W (Chef - front, back, L+R spine, T+B spine)

I'll keep posting as and when I complete anything...but as this is simply a hobby...no guarantees when :)

LN Back.jpg

LN Front.jpg

LN Spine.jpg

007_ The World Is Not Enough-02.jpg

1080° Snowboarding-01.jpg

A Bug_s Life-01.jpg

Aerofighters Assault-01.jpg

Asteroids Hyper 64-01.jpg

Automobili Lamborghini-01.jpg

Banjo-Kazooie-01.jpg

Banjo-Tooie-01.jpg

BattleTanx_ Global Assault-01.jpg

BattleTanx-01.jpg

Beetle Adventure Racing!-01.jpg

Conker_s Bad Fur Day-01.jpg

Diddy Kong Racing-01.jpg

Doom 64-01.jpg

F-1 World Grand Prix II-01.jpg

Jet Force Gemini-01.jpg

Kirby 64_ The Crystal Shards-01.jpg

Mario Golf-01.jpg

Mario Kart 64-01.jpg

Mario Tennis-01.jpg

Paper Mario-01.jpg

Pilotwings 64-01.jpg

Resident Evil 2-01.jpg

Snowboard Kids-01.jpg

Star Wars_ Episode I_ Racer-01.jpg

Star Wars_ Rogue Squadron-01.jpg

Super Mario 64-01.jpg

Turok_ Dinosaur Hunter-01.jpg

Wave Race 64-01.jpg

Yoshi_s Story-01.jpg

Chef-Back.jpg

Chef-Front.jpg

Chef-Spine (L R).jpg

Chef-Spine (T B).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

One thing I have noticed sine Launchbox 13.0 - even though I've created box fronts, backs and spines for the Nintendo G&W series, the spines look too wide in BigBox compared to the raw files. It's quite clear that even though the spine is the exact height of the box front, the width of the spine seems way too wide. Not sure what's happening here???...seems OK for other platforms in BigBox

Screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, EASTWOOD2002 said:

One thing I have noticed sine Launchbox 13.0 - even though I've created box fronts, backs and spines for the Nintendo G&W series, the spines look too wide in BigBox compared to the raw files. It's quite clear that even though the spine is the exact height of the box front, the width of the spine seems way too wide. Not sure what's happening here???...seems OK for other platforms in BigBox

Screenshot.jpg

If you rightclick>edit the platform in LB you can overide the default box sizes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rlad said:

If you rightclick>edit the platform in LB you can overide the default box sizes.

Hi Rlad,

Thanks - I've tried that and cannot seem to get the correct dimensions. Doesn't help that once you've overridden the default box - the height, width, depth - all have to start from 1.000. Plus within the NIntendo G&W range - there are so many variations on box sizes that getting it right for one type would make another look strange.

Obviously these are early days for the 3D engine in Launchbox - hopefully it'll improve such that a box's height, width, depth would be generated proportionately to one another.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EASTWOOD2002 said:

Hi Rlad,

Thanks - I've tried that and cannot seem to get the correct dimensions. Doesn't help that once you've overridden the default box - the height, width, depth - all have to start from 1.000. Plus within the NIntendo G&W range - there are so many variations on box sizes that getting it right for one type would make another look strange.

Obviously these are early days for the 3D engine in Launchbox - hopefully it'll improve such that a box's height, width, depth would be generated proportionately to one another.

You can go below 1.000 if you type in the number, you''re right though it could do with a per game overide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1