LaunchBox Community Forums

default Video Snap

Truest1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:57 AM, zugswang said:

A better question is why it isn't an option, as this would be a good edition ? 🤔

The most common and likely answer is the team is small and it is not a high priority. Only so many hours they work a day and they have to triage work. Doubtful either of the twice think it is not a good addition, just not a top priority at this point. We have not had many users request this. Lots of users bring up good ideas for additions they just take time. 

12 hours ago, zugswang said:

Keep in mind you can put any gameplay snaps you have in the recordings folder (or just directly in the video folder) in your video folder if you have any.

This will at least give you something other than a blank box without a video.

Ensure you set recordings as an option in Launchbox for videos.

yes but dont i have to go and name the specific video for the corresponding games one by one right? 

be nice if i can select all games that are missing video snaps all at once and the select the video file of video coming soon or something like that.

Not sure where you are seeing "Blank boxes" where a video should be. Anything in default themes of LB/BB either will show a screenshot image where the video should be, or just hide the video control if there are no videos. In either app you can currently theme something to make this possible and without requiring the video be copied for every game. That being said if you are wanting it to appear in the LaunchBox Games Details Carousel control that currently isn't possible. This is the first I've ever really heard of this request, and it doesn't personally make a lot of sense to me. That being said you can create a BitBucket ticket for it though, if it gets enough votes I'm sure it'd be considered. At this time this features isn't on any roadmap though as far as I'm aware.

On 1/9/2023 at 6:15 AM, C-Beats said:

Not sure where you are seeing "Blank boxes" where a video should be. Anything in default themes of LB/BB either will show a screenshot image where the video should be, or just hide the video control if there are no videos. In either app you can currently theme something to make this possible and without requiring the video be copied for every game. That being said if you are wanting it to appear in the LaunchBox Games Details Carousel control that currently isn't possible. This is the first I've ever really heard of this request, and it doesn't personally make a lot of sense to me. That being said you can create a BitBucket ticket for it though, if it gets enough votes I'm sure it'd be considered. At this time this features isn't on any roadmap though as far as I'm aware.

got you. just would be nice to have a default video option like we have default 3d boxs or default carts for games that dont currently have them. at least this way something is shown.

11 hours ago, Truest1 said:

got you. just would be nice to have a default video option like we have default 3d boxs or default carts for games that dont currently have them. at least this way something is shown.

I thought this feature would have been done a lot sooner then even this topic. For example, I have had Nintendo Wii USA full set for the last 5 years and emumovies still doesn't have all the video snaps, it would be a really nice feature to have

55 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

I thought this feature would have been done a lot sooner then even this topic. For example, I have had Nintendo Wii USA full set for the last 5 years and emumovies still doesn't have all the video snaps, it would be a really nice feature to have

Exactly seems like a no brainier to me. Should be added. We need to report it make a ticket and all of us vote for it. 

• 1 month later...