LaunchBox Community Forums

@C-Beats Hi C-Beats

My resolution (both in laptop and desktop pc) is 1920x1080 and Windows adds a 125% scale.

Implementing features so that you can dynamically change sizes sounds like a nightmare. I wouldn't expect such work if the theme is great for everyone else.

But I would appreciate if you could indicate where in the code can those changes be made, and with that I would be testing different changes by myself. I've seen in your screenshot how the spacing is better, so I guess is just a resolution thing.

Thanks

6 hours ago, SolarisSpell said:

@C-Beats Hi C-Beats

My resolution (both in laptop and desktop pc) is 1920x1080 and Windows adds a 125% scale.

Implementing features so that you can dynamically change sizes sounds like a nightmare. I wouldn't expect such work if the theme is great for everyone else.

But I would appreciate if you could indicate where in the code can those changes be made, and with that I would be testing different changes by myself. I've seen in your screenshot how the spacing is better, so I guess is just a resolution thing.

Thanks

The two comboboxes are in SideBarView game details stuff is GameDetailsView. SideBarView it's fairly easy to find the comboboxes. Game Details is going to be a pain to do what you're wanting as that file is pretty large since I have like 4 different views in that one file lol.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The two comboboxes are in SideBarView game details stuff is GameDetailsView. SideBarView it's fairly easy to find the comboboxes. Game Details is going to be a pain to do what you're wanting as that file is pretty large since I have like 4 different views in that one file lol.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.242d9536060dcf060a04d47b13ec062f.png

With your help I have found where can I edit the Search box and moved it to the right so no longer overlap ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Daliant said:

Hi @C-Beats, I have found a small bug exploring some games in the right sidebar. As can be seen in the following video, when accessing some games the content flashes and the system freezes for a few seconds. I've noticed it happening on all systems and only some games.

2023-08-08 22-27-11.mkv 3.6 MB · 1 download

I am carrying out more tests and resizing the size of the boxes of the games a bit, the error seems to have disappeared. I guess it is something related to the size of the sidebar.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:08 AM, sanichi said:

Hello @C-Beats, I have exactly the same problem than @Daliant and i have resized the right sidebar. The error disappeared but not for all game, sometimes i have to change the size of the sidebar to stop the clipping.

Aside this problem, the theme is excellent!

Indeed, resizing the sidebar fixes the problem for that specific game but it keeps failing for others. I guess it depends on the size of the text or the rest of the elements that go just below the images. If they do not fit correctly, clipping begins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After several weeks using this theme as the main theme in my system, it is impossible for me to continue doing it because of the flickering bug.

The problem is not so much the flickering of the images in the sidebar, the problem is that while this happens Launchbox stays "locked" for the duration of the flickering, preventing even changing the game in the list.

It is a real pity since in my opinion this is today the most complete theme and with the best features of all those that exist.

I hope @C-Beats can find a solution to this problem.

29 minutes ago, Daliant said:

After several weeks using this theme as the main theme in my system, it is impossible for me to continue doing it because of the flickering bug.

The problem is not so much the flickering of the images in the sidebar, the problem is that while this happens Launchbox stays "locked" for the duration of the flickering, preventing even changing the game in the list.

It is a real pity since in my opinion this is today the most complete theme and with the best features of all those that exist.

I hope @C-Beats can find a solution to this problem.

Yeah. I've seen it on my end but haven't had a ton of free time to look into it. If you just change the size of the details a bit it'll stop and let you use it again. It's annoying to have to but gets the job done and makes it possible to work again. It's something to do with a visibility binding on the game details scrollbar.

Hello @C-Beats, indeed if you change the size of the sidebar for that specific game the problem is solved, but then the problem is reproduced in other games that did not have this problem before.

There is no sidebar size that would fix the issue for the entire set of games. If the size is fixed for a specific game, you will break it for others that did not have the problem before.

I know it's somewhat complicated and I'm not sure if it can be solved in any way. I hope that with some time you will find a way to fix this problem since there is no theme with better features than this today in my opinion.

Thank you very much for your great work.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 12:20 AM, onebadveggie said:

I'm not sure I'm missing something, For some reason in the overview section, it only shows me 3D box art, but no screenshots or videos or any other media?

This is driven by settings. Can go to Tools > Options and in that window there is a "Game Details" section. Go there and make sure you have screenshots and videos enabled.

• 5 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This theme has been updated to v1.16!

This version finally corrects the issue with the Platform and Game Details sidebar spazzing in and out while it decides if it needs a scrollbar or not...

Wonderfull!!!! Let's try it again!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What a fantastic theme!

Some games are making the game details dance around, here's an example (not sure if animated gifs work here, let's find out :)  (edit: forgot to mention that changing the game details size will stop that, though it probably makes some other game somewhere else do the same)

:image.thumb.gif.02b60c841cdcad0d96edab953be8f4a1.gif

Edited by viritys

4 minutes ago, viritys said:

What a fantastic theme!

Some games are making the game details dance around, here's an example (not sure if animated gifs work here, let's find out :) 

:image.thumb.gif.02b60c841cdcad0d96edab953be8f4a1.gif

Indeed, it seems that the problem has been minimized and now the games that cause the dance movement are less, but the problem still persists.

16 minutes ago, viritys said:

Minor problem really as it seems to be rare, changing the size of the sidebar will stop it and, at least for me, LB stays fully functional ie doesn't lock up during the dance as previously reported so this will totally stay as my default theme  :)

Indeed, by resizing the sidebar the problem disappears for that specific game, but it may then appear in a different one.