LaunchBox Community Forums

Omni

View File

"Omni" is a prefix meaning "all", in that regard this theme strives to do "all the things" in ONE theme!

Omni has both a content view selector and game details selector that lets you choose the content view and details view that looks best to you. There are 15 different configurations to choose from! All of these settings are saved in a ThemeValues.xaml file that allows you to customize them EVEN MORE!

NOTICE: Omni requires LaunchBox v13.6 or greater!

• Thanks 1

I've been using a slightly modified "Beats" for some time as my favorite theme.  This one looks great, but I have one suggestion.  The box with the titles, over the center overview box of game details seems like space that could be better used.  What about removing that and enlarging the center overview box?  Or maybe you had other future plans for the title box?  Regardless, I think it is looking very cool.

1 hour ago, Drybonz said:

I've been using a slightly modified "Beats" for some time as my favorite theme.  This one looks great, but I have one suggestion.  The box with the titles, over the center overview box of game details seems like space that could be better used.  What about removing that and enlarging the center overview box?  Or maybe you had other future plans for the title box?  Regardless, I think it is looking very cool.

Yeah, this theme was a bit challenging regarding vert space because of that, but I do enjoy having it. I could probably look and see about adding a visible setting in the ThemeValues file that can be changed to turn it off/on

• Like 1

Omni v1.1 has just been released!

IMPORTANT: This version of Omni now requires LaunchBox 13.6 Beta 1 or newer!

With this new version of Omni we begin to see the grand scheme of the theme come into view. Omni is the first LaunchBox theme ever to have THREE content views! In the upper right of the main view there is now a view selector that allows you to switch between the following views:

• Image View - Traditional LaunchBox Image View
  • Details View - DataGrid List View (Traditional LaunchBox List View)
  • List View - A dynamic list view that looks similar to Beats list view when space allows, but when shrunk looks like the List view I utilize in Airy/Steamy.

Next version I'll start tackling GameDetails and making it work better with varying widths, as well as pop out.

• Like 1

This theme is looking really cool!  I really like the list view.  I'm wondering if it could be two columns wide, to use more of that space?

Also... another humble suggestion.  The platform sidebar uses a lot of empty space, especially if the user doesn't have icons on.  I'm wondering if it's possible to set it's minimum width much smaller?

This theme is really coming along... I think it's going to be my go-to theme.  Nice work.    👍

23 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Also... another humble suggestion.  The platform sidebar uses a lot of empty space, especially if the user doesn't have icons on.  I'm wondering if it's possible to set it's minimum width much smaller?

Personally I would just hide the sidebar (Ctrl+S). If you need to navigate away press it again or use the combobox drop down that appears when you hide it.

24 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

I'm wondering if it could be two columns wide, to use more of that space?

Don't currently have any plans to do so, not sure if keyboard navigation would work doing something like that either. Could play with the panel used and see if you can get it on your own, but I have enough stuff yet to do that I wouldn't be able to look into it for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I just uploaded version 1.2 of Omni.

This version adds 2 more game details layouts that change automatically as the size of the details panel increases. This brings the number of possible layouts to 12 in the theme.

As with most settings in the theme if you want to tweak where the layouts change you can do so in the ThemeValues file. If you change a value in the file with LaunchBox open you will probably need to restart LaunchBox for all the settings to take hold.
I've updated the screenshots on the theme to reflect most of the various layouts.

PLEASE NOTE: This version requires 13.6 Beta 1 or newer to work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great theme, been using this for a month and really like it, thank you! Just noticed one possible bug, "Arrange by" doesn't work in details and list view, it always defaults to A-Z no matter what you choose. Or is it just supposed to be that way, haven't really those two views before.

Edit: Also in list view, when you select a random game with Ctrl+Alt+Q, would be nice if the list scrolled down/up to the chosen game. Now it just stays in one place, and doesn't move at all to focus to the chosen game like it does in image and details view.

Edited by Jakatsu

I just updated Omni to 1.3 which adds the notification system introduced in 13.6 Beta 3.

PLEASE NOTE: This version requires you be on LaunchBox v13.6 Beta 3 or newer to work!

@Jakatsu This version does NOT address the bugs you've found. I have confirmed they exist but haven't gotten them corrected yet. I do plan to address them before 1.4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the default "All" sidebar value there is not. You can create your own "All Games" playlist manually and set that stuff there. Make sure it isn't named "All" though or you will run into issues with LaunchBox getting it confused with the default value in there.

Omni was just updated to version 1.4

Changes in this version:
Added a Game Details mode selector in the upper right that lets you choose what mode you would like to use
Adds horizontal details layout
Adds pop out details

@Jakatsu The issue you found had to be resolved in code and so requires 13.6 beta 6 to see relief for that issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KingSlayer420 said:

111.thumb.jpg.155cac620dba9695f5cdc7890d95e857.jpg

Quick question, is it possible to display Additional Apps in this section of the pop out details menu?

You should be able to. I don't but could maybe add an optional thing there that users could disable via the ThemeValues file if they didn't want it on

This is turning out to be a pretty great theme. I'm trying lots of different themes trying to adjust them to what I would like my Launchbox to be.

I have some feedback for Omni in case its useful.

To better explain it, I have this screenshot:

image.thumb.png.63e58edab46bcf119bc7732899a8f443.png

• The Platform filter and Search box overlaps. Can we edit the theme so that the Search box appears more to the right?

• I've seen that the default theme has a play button with more options. Here, if I have different versions, hacks or just multiple CDs, I can't select what to launch

• Can we move that line with favourite, star rating and completed? It's current position displaces the video snap and is cropped. If we could show that information at the top (over the clear logo) we would gain enough space to see the full video.

• Also, I don't know if its possible, but can we force thre columns at the bottom? That way, we could see the full information. Right now play time, times played and release date are not shown unless you clieck to see the second page

Thanks.

Even if it's not feasible what I'm asking, it's a really nive theme. Great work :)

Edited by SolarisSpell

@SolarisSpell I was debating doing the drop down on the play button. I could potentially make that an optional thing. I can take a look at the siderbar comboboxes to help with the sizing. Out of curiosity what size are you making the window? Your screenshot looks pretty cramped and figured I'd try to replicate on my end while working to see if I can smooth out the experience.

• Thanks 1