LaunchBox Community Forums

Root element is missing

Does it only happen when adding a mame rom?

Does it happen when you try to add any rom for any system?

Just wondering if the fix in the below link would work

if that doesn't work might be worth putting an image of the error on here to see if that helps people to help you

1 hour ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

Does it only happen when adding a mame rom?

Does it happen when you try to add any rom for any system?

Just wondering if the fix in the below link would work

if that doesn't work might be worth putting an image of the error on here to see if that helps people to help you

it happens when i go for the wizard for adding a complete mame romset, i can add single roms without problem

This is a known issue with old versions of MAME, or non official MAME emulators. The fullset wizard gets the listxml command from your MAME executable and if it isn't an official MAME emulator or is too old the XML schema it spits out isn't formatted in the way the app expects and this happens.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This is a known issue with old versions of MAME, or non official MAME emulators. The fullset wizard gets the listxml command from your MAME executable and if it isn't an official MAME emulator or is too old the XML schema it spits out isn't formatted in the way the app expects and this happens.

thanks for the info, i'm trying to add the 0.255 romset from pleasuredome, it is the lastest i think so what is wrong here?

17 hours ago, ReignerDeustcher said:

thanks for the info, i'm trying to add the 0.255 romset from pleasuredome, it is the lastest i think so what is wrong here?

Has nothing to do with the set you have. You have to point the wizard to the 0.255 version of MAME you installed (or let us download it for you)

• Thanks 1