LaunchBox Community Forums

how to update LB and BB themes in order to use the new Game Details Pop up function released with 13.5 LB version?

legolas119

Hi

i have just updated LB to 13.5 version and now i would like to use the new Game Details Pop up feature. I'm using, both in LB and in BB the NEon Deluxe Arcade theme. I'm not able to activate the new Pop up feature, probably it is necessary to update the Neon Deluxe Arcade theme? I have checked here the LB theme: 

and it seems that i still have the latest version.

How can i know if i have the latest version of the theme in LB and big box? I checked in Big Box but into the Manage Themes menu it isn't present a "Check for theme Updates" button, so how can i know if i'm using the newes one? 

In LB i suppose that in orderr to update the theme i have to download from the link above the lastes .zip file and unzip it into the LBThemes folder. But i checked it and i already have the same files version in that path...so probably i have the latest version..

In Bb i don't know how to detect if a new theme version is available..

thank you!

On 7/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, legolas119 said:

Hi

i have just updated LB to 13.5 version and now i would like to use the new Game Details Pop up feature. I'm using, both in LB and in BB the NEon Deluxe Arcade theme. I'm not able to activate the new Pop up feature, probably it is necessary to update the Neon Deluxe Arcade theme? I have checked here the LB theme: 

and it seems that i still have the latest version.

How can i know if i have the latest version of the theme in LB and big box? I checked in Big Box but into the Manage Themes menu it isn't present a "Check for theme Updates" button, so how can i know if i'm using the newes one? 

In LB i suppose that in orderr to update the theme i have to download from the link above the lastes .zip file and unzip it into the LBThemes folder. But i checked it and i already have the same files version in that path...so probably i have the latest version..

In Bb i don't know how to detect if a new theme version is available..

thank you!

Did you check for an update in LaunchBox under Tools > Manage LaunchBox Themes?

Also, if you haven't already, you'll probably have better luck making a post in the comments section of the theme for the author to see.

thanks! i didn't notice that menu in LB! Yes, i have updated it and now i'm able to use the new feature in LB!

Speaking about bigbox, in Manage themes --> Installed - With Updates (0) i don't have any update for my Neon Arcade theme.  And if i enter into the Installed section, i can see this: neon.png

Do you know if if there is something wrong of if is it normal in that way? thanks!

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

thanks! i didn't notice that menu in LB! Yes, i have updated it and now i'm able to use the new feature in LB!

Speaking about bigbox, in Manage themes --> Installed - With Updates (0) i don't have any update for my Neon Arcade theme.  And if i enter into the Installed section, i can see this: neon.png

Do you know if if there is something wrong of if is it normal in that way? thanks!

Sounds like you have a version of that theme that's not present in the Theme Manager. Basically, it's a theme that you added manually yourself via the forums.

I know that theme went through a number of revisions, and there's one version of the theme that's "retired". I'm guessing there's another version of the theme you can download in the theme manager area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

Sounds like you have a version of that theme that's not present in the Theme Manager. Basically, it's a theme that you added manually yourself via the forums.

I know that theme went through a number of revisions, and there's one version of the theme that's "retired". I'm guessing there's another version of the theme you can download in the theme manager area.

Correct, this theme is not available in the theme manager as it caused freezes in testing. You can download and use it (the latest version) from the forums.

• Like 1

ah, i downloaded this version: 

But i didn't know that i causes freezes... is it better to uninstall it and install only a theme available in the theme manager in Big Box? Do you suggest a theme related to '80 arcade like Neon Arcade? Is it possible to see a preview of the themes available before to install them?

thanks!

45 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

ah, i downloaded this version: 

But i didn't know that i causes freezes... is it better to uninstall it and install only a theme available in the theme manager in Big Box? Do you suggest a theme related to '80 arcade like Neon Arcade? Is it possible to see a preview of the themes available before to install them?

thanks!

The Launchbox theme doesnt cause freezes but the Bigbox theme can cause freezes in certain setups during attract mode.

ah ok. I'm sorry but is it possible to disable the attract mode?

In any case, it is better to choose one of the available theme into the Big Box "Manage Themes --> Available (ALL) " option, is that correct?  For example if i choose a theme, first of all i have to Install the theme (1), then i can choose one (or more) of the Platform themes (2) and in the end one (or more) of the Games View (3) and install the themes i like. After that, i can choose every Platform and Games theme related to the specific main theme (COIN OP in this case) and merge them as i prefer. Is that correct? For example i can install the Text List with Details Filter View and the Vertical Wheel 1 Games View, right?

image.thumb.png.21dce14f267edf01a94bea88ccaf774f.png

59 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

ah ok. I'm sorry but is it possible to disable the attract mode?

In any case, it is better to choose one of the available theme into the Big Box "Manage Themes --> Available (ALL) " option, is that correct?  For example if i choose a theme, first of all i have to Install the theme (1), then i can choose one (or more) of the Platform themes (2) and in the end one (or more) of the Games View (3) and install the themes i like. After that, i can choose every Platform and Games theme related to the specific main theme (COIN OP in this case) and merge them as i prefer. Is that correct? For example i can install the Text List with Details Filter View and the Vertical Wheel 1 Games View, right?

image.thumb.png.21dce14f267edf01a94bea88ccaf774f.png

Sorry I don't follow, but I only use my theme and without attract mode so i'm not much of help on this subject i'm afraid.

47 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

ah! ok :) thanks

and how can activate/deactivate attract mode? Whant does it mean? Many thanks

There is a setting in BigBox to turn it off (cannot remember exact spot and not near my pc).

Attract Mode is not a custom theme things. It is a standard BB setting.