LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause screen works for all emulators but pcsx2 and duckstation

Jass_167

18 hours ago, Jass_167 said:

my pause screen works for all emulators but pcsx2 and duckstation. it will pause if i use my keyboard but not if i use controller. does any know whats going on?

I can share they work OK in my setup. If you're not already, try using "Forceful Pause Screen Activation (enable this if the pause screen is not showing)"

image.thumb.png.61e6fa715cea95b2e66ddd2305332725.png

sorry but that doesn't answer my question. to clarify, when using the controller to activate the pause screen, does it pause the game or does it act like you didn't even push any buttons and the game keeps running? there is a difference between the Pause Screen not displaying and it not working as in not pausing the game.

1 minute ago, Jass_167 said:

it acts like i didnt even push any buttons

bummer! I was hoping it was the other half since I know how to resolve that. but if it doesn't work at all for them I'm not sure. If it were me I would try making a separate install of one of the emulators and a separate instance of it in your emulator list with everything default other than enabling the Pause Screen checkboxes, then see what happens. We are ruling out the emulator since it would be using default settings. If that doesn't work, ok....it's likely not the emulator's settings fault this is occurring. Maybe some setting in LB. So make a separate install of LB import a game to test and setup the EXISTING (original) emulator in your emulator list and see what happens. If it works then it would have been a LB/BB setting. If it doesn't work, try the 2nd install of the emulator being used for troubleshooting. If still doesn't work.....🤷‍♂️

Could be any number of things. Maybe what fullscreen mode is being used. Maybe try selecting different options there like between exclusive fullscreen and borderless and windowed etc. I'm not sure if duplicate hotkeys across the frontend and emulator can get things confused. Such as if the button(s) used to activate the Pause Screen also do some hotkey function within the emulator and the emulator's hotkey is take precedence over the frontend?

22 hours ago, Jass_167 said:

i will try this. do you have any command lines for pcsx2?

I do, note this is PCSX2 1.7.X syntax meaning just a single hyphen before each parameter

-fullscreen -nogui

if you are on 1.6.X then it still uses two like this

--fullscreen --nogui

10 hours ago, Jass_167 said:

okay so nothing worked in terms of changing command lines but i did notice that when i went from using 1.7 to 1.6 it worked. could me updating my emulators break the pause menu?

Yes, sometimes emulator devs update things and LB features no longer work. 

10 hours ago, Jass_167 said:

okay so nothing worked in terms of changing command lines but i did notice that when i went from using 1.7 to 1.6 it worked. could me updating my emulators break the pause menu?

could happen as Retro808 pointed out, but for what it's worth, Pause Screens work OK for me whether using 1.7.X (one of the recent nightly builds in the last say two months is what I use) or the 1.6 stable version.  in my case it is possible to use Pause Screens with both Duckstation and PCSX2 and even on different versions. I have both in my setup due to I got a single game that requires v1.6 to run properly and the rest use 1.7.X so I'd still like to think you got something funny going on, but I'm not sure where to go next if you have problems even with fresh setups of stuff. 

you could perhaps create a button combo or use an unused button on the controller that sends the keyboard key to activate the Pause Screen? you would need to use some 3rd party remapper to do that. doesn't solve the root issue, but would accomplish the goal.

1 hour ago, Jass_167 said:

Is there a way I can go back to a older version of launchbox?

You can just look in your Launchbox \Updates folder. Older versions you have installed are there. You can run any installer over your existing build. 

However, go to an older version of LB would have no affect as Pause features have not been worked in in quite a while. So an older version of LB, as it relates to Pause themes, is the same coding as the latest versions. 

Like skizzosjt I have no issue on latest versions of either emulator. Just updated both those and tested and Pause works fine. 

This is with current LB build and beta. Again this would not really matter since Pause features have not been changed in many versions. 

Have you tried different controller?

Is your issue in LB, BB, or both?