LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause screen works for all emulators but pcsx2 and duckstation

Jass_167

okay so i figured it out, my controller has a switch in the back of the remote that changes the inputs. i must have changed it without knowing. thank you, guys for all your help. Would it be possible to ask one more question? on my ppsspp emulator when i access the pause menu and return to game it leaves full screen mode. do you know how to fix this?

23 minutes ago, Jass_167 said:

okay after switching from the 8bitdo pro 2 controller to the xbox one s controller i realize its the controller. i dont understand why it would be the controller it was working before

What mode did you have the 8bitdo in?  

Just want to point out that for us to help the best we can it does help if you actually answer any questions you were asked. Not trying to be negative towards you, but I asked about the controller even in a prior post. 

Glad you got it sorted though. 

27 minutes ago, Jass_167 said:

okay after switching from the 8bitdo pro 2 controller to the xbox one s controller i realize its the controller. i dont understand why it would be the controller it was working before

ok since you didn't share those details I was about to ask about controller too. I have a PowerA Xbox Series X controller and an OEM Microsoft Xbox Series X controller, both which have that new "share" button in the center. ONLY the OEM one has this share button recognized in LB or BB. Yet all emulators or other remappers recognizes the PowerA version no problem. So pointing out sometimes it's just a quirk/bug regarding the device used and seems to be you finally found the smoking gun! take a sigh of relief lol. maybe not the outcome you wanted since you'd need to use another controller but at least the issue is understood, for the most part. 

if you say it was working before, going off what I think Retro is getting at here. those 8Bitdo controllers can switch input modes I think? I don't have one to know for sure. But maybe you got it in dinput instead of xinput or something along those lines. switch to other modes if it's possible to see if that changes how it works. 

edit: ahh see your new post here that you just tried it. yup, that will do it!

Edited by skizzosjt

18 minutes ago, Jass_167 said:

okay so i figured it out, my controller has a switch in the back of the remote that changes the inputs. i must have changed it without knowing. thank you, guys for all your help. Would it be possible to ask one more question? on my ppsspp emulator when i access the pause menu and return to game it leaves full screen mode. do you know how to fix this?

been a long time since I used PPSSPP. if there is a hotkey to toggle fullscreen mode you could put into the Resume field some AHK code to send that hotkey in order to make it return to fullscreen.

3 minutes ago, Jass_167 said:

I tried f11 and alt enter. neither worked. is there an ahk code to keep in fullscreen? @Retro808

Tried it how?

If I launch a game in PPSSPP I can hit F11 and it goes from Fullscreen to WIndowed. Same with Alt+Enter. Issue is though from windowed when you hit either it first sends it to bordered window then hitting again sends full screen. 

So tested in LB by placing 

Send !{Enter}

In the resume screen and when coming out of Pause it went from borderless windowed to bordered windowed. 

So then I entered that script twice

Send !{Enter}

Send !{Enter}

and it went to full screen when coming out of Pause. 

So it works, but I am not a skilled AHK user so someone would be better off giving a more elegant solution. I think @skizzosjt is, if he does not mind me tagging him. Even tough I did tag him anyway. LOL. 

58 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I think @skizzosjt is, if he does not mind me tagging him. Even tough I did tag him anyway. LOL. 

lol no problem! I can def take a look at this. I have PSP setup with both PPSSPP and the Retroarch core but don't recall how the Pause Screen situation was going with either of them.

@Jass_167 when I have a moment over the weekend, I'll see how my system behaves with PPSSPP and let you know how I made out.  

1 hour ago, Jass_167 said:

tried it as in tried pressing the command keys but nothing helped. i even tried your send ! {enter} @Retro808 it did not help. it keeps coming out of fullscreen mode. ill try googling around for a solution.

Can provide some responses doing the following:

1. Run a game through PPSSPP directly (without using LB). 

A: Does it launch in fullscreen?

If yes....

B: If you hit F11 or Alt+Enter does it jump to windowed?

If yes....

C. If you hit F11 or Alt+Enter does it jump back to fullscreen (you may have to hit it twice)?

13 hours ago, Jass_167 said:

@Retro808 yes, it starts in fullscreen, f11 exits fullscreen and enters if i press f11 again. it does go back to fullscreen again if i press alt+enter

So the keys clearly work. So now can you edit your PPSSPP emulator in LB >Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit PPSSPP. 

In the "Pause Screen" section go the the "Resume Script" tab and paste this into there. Remember, not very elegant code but it will at least confirm you can return to full screen from Pause. 

Send !{Enter}
Send !{Enter}

Should look like this. Then test. Does it work at all?

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 7.02.12 AM.png