LaunchBox Community Forums

Quick super noob question...

Tracy

I have a paid version of launchbox for probably 5 years. I just got around to using it, The first set of roms i installed were neogeo. When I click play, it never starts. If I launch it with mame core they run fine. I notice that if I right click and try to launch using the default retroarch it is using libreto to try and run the game. Im assuming I have to dl that emulator and put it in the emulators folder. My question is how do I change retroarch to use mame instead? Ive tried but Im lost. Any help would be great.  thx guys...and you al yell at me for a dumb question.....I can take it!

ths guys...

Easiest way is to go to Tools > Manage > Manage Emulators and add a new emulator that points to your MAME install. In the Add Window go to Associated Platforms and add the platform that your games in into a new row. In that row then select the default check box. LaunchBox will then ask you when you attempt to save the emulator if you want to change the games in that platform to use that new emulator. Say yes so that the change occurs. Your games should then be set to use MAME.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys....Ive researched and researched before I posted. I dont know what else to do.  Im still thinking it is a path issue.  Either way, Im gonna move on to another system. If anyone wants my upgrade code let me know. First come first serve...

thx

In the Associated Platform tab do you have your Neo Geo platform listed there? Also does the name exactly match what you called it in LB?

In other words...If you called it Neo Geo AES in LB but the Associated Platform for the emulator shows SNK Neo Geo AES it will not work. It needs to be exactly as you named it in LB.

>If the above fixes your issue good. If not do what is listed below.

Post the following pics so we can see you exact set-up. 

>Right click and edit a Neo Geo game that is not working

1. Post pic of the Details page

2. Post pic of the Emulation page

3. Post pic of the Launching page

In LB >Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit the emulator you are using for Neo Geo games

1. Post pic of Details page

2. Post pic of Associated Platforms page.

I took a quick look at the first item and here is a pic...I have to do the second list later as Im headed out until Monday. If Im understanding what you are asking, then I would say they are both are named correctly. 

thx for the help

image.thumb.png.d85922a89cd69a35b2bb0c7708e2c455.png

10 minutes ago, Tracy said:

I took a quick look at the first item and here is a pic...I have to do the second list later as Im headed out until Monday. If Im understanding what you are asking, then I would say they are both are named correctly. 

thx for the help

image.thumb.png.d85922a89cd69a35b2bb0c7708e2c455.png

Dont use that 2012 core, use fbneo or mame, or ideally dont use retroarch at all for arcade and just use the far superior standalone mame.

On 8/26/2023 at 7:06 AM, Retro808 said:

In the Associated Platform tab do you have your Neo Geo platform listed there? Also does the name exactly match what you called it in LB?

In other words...If you called it Neo Geo AES in LB but the Associated Platform for the emulator shows SNK Neo Geo AES it will not work. It needs to be exactly as you named it in LB.

>If the above fixes your issue good. If not do what is listed below.

Post the following pics so we can see you exact set-up. 

>Right click and edit a Neo Geo game that is not working

1. Post pic of the Details page

2. Post pic of the Emulation page

3. Post pic of the Launching page

In LB >Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit the emulator you are using for Neo Geo games

1. Post pic of Details page

2. Post pic of Associated Platforms page.

Here you go. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town.

Thanks again...

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG

pic4.PNG

pic5.PNG

On 8/26/2023 at 8:56 AM, neil9000 said:

Dont use that 2012 core, use fbneo or mame, or ideally dont use retroarch at all for arcade and just use the far superior standalone mame.

It seems to not matter which emulator that I use within launchbox they just wont run. I can launch by right clicking on game then going into load retroarch and navigate to game it will run. I just cant seem to get the configuration worked out.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:56 AM, neil9000 said:

retroarch and they will run.