LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android - 1.12 Beta Thread

faeran

57 minutes ago, Dragon33 said:

I also am making sure the debug logs are being recorded! I hope all my crashes and setting configs are helpful lol

I haven't purchased LaunchBox for the computer, but I def thought of seeing if that was possible to import the systems to the Android instance!

The good news is that if you crash, we'll get that report automatically, as of beta 2.

I'm fairly certain that the Export to Android option is part of the free version, so you should be good to go and try it out :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, faeran said:

The good news is that if you crash, we'll get that report automatically, as of beta 2.

I'm fairly certain that the Export to Android option is part of the free version, so you should be good to go and try it out :)

The export to Android didn't work, I also tried to manually edit and do it, but it looks like that platform list is immutable as of this beta4.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I look forward to seeing this feature baked in a future update!

Edited by Dragon33

Just installed the retail version, under Manage Retroarch, if you use a controller to navigate you cannot escape the menu, unless you use a mouse on Nvidia Shield... to go back, pressing the B button does nothing

12 hours ago, oyehia said:

Just installed the retail version, under Manage Retroarch, if you use a controller to navigate you cannot escape the menu, unless you use a mouse on Nvidia Shield... to go back, pressing the B button does nothing

I am able to reproduce on my Odin 2 and have informed the teams. Thanks for the report!

The extension filter option while importing doesn't appear to work. Specifically when I set it to just import .sfc files and point it to my SNES MSU-1 folder, it still grabs all the .PCM files and imports them as blank games. It does properly show just the .sfc files in the "Import Games" screen, with "The import process has found the following <x> files to import:" looking correct, but then it seems to go on and just import everything anyway.

I'm on an Ayaneo Pocket Air running Android 12, in case that's relevant. Looking at the changelog I'm guessing something happened in version 1.11, but I do not see any way to access earlier versions to try 1.10.

Edited by Smello

On 2/13/2024 at 1:22 AM, Smello said:

The extension filter option while importing doesn't appear to work. Specifically when I set it to just import .sfc files and point it to my SNES MSU-1 folder, it still grabs all the .PCM files and imports them as blank games. It does properly show just the .sfc files in the "Import Games" screen, with "The import process has found the following <x> files to import:" looking correct, but then it seems to go on and just import everything anyway.

I'm on an Ayaneo Pocket Air running Android 12, in case that's relevant. Looking at the changelog I'm guessing something happened in version 1.11, but I do not see any way to access earlier versions to try 1.10.

Thanks for letting us know. We were able to recreate it and it should be fixed for the next beta.

Thank you!

And I also have this request. You might consider this idea.

Should I immediately upload all my own box art to roms by the name of the roms themselves?

I have more than 250 of my own box art and uploading one at a time takes a very very long time.

Thanks! Have a good Weekend

I've got version 1.12 beta 3 installed and got a notification on my Odin 2 a new version was available. I selected yes to download. Launchbox downloaded it and asked if I wanted to install the new version and I selected yes. Launchbox locked up. Tried a few times, same outcome 

21 hours ago, wglong said:

I've got version 1.12 beta 3 installed and got a notification on my Odin 2 a new version was available. I selected yes to download. Launchbox downloaded it and asked if I wanted to install the new version and I selected yes. Launchbox locked up. Tried a few times, same outcome 

Use any files app, and check the LaunchBox\Updates folder, see if you have the latest apk there, and run it manually.