LaunchBox Community Forums

46 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

May check the log file after testing and see what it says.

After starting the game with the bezel working and the arcade.ini and arcade.png files, I examined the log file and noticed that the plugin looks for a folder named “vc3.” As a result, I tried putting both the vc3.png and vc3.ini files in the same root folder and in a subfolder called “ vc3,” but unfortunately it still does not work.

log_arcadepng_and_ini.txt

log vc3png_e_ini.txt

log_vc3png_e_ini_subfolder.txt

20 minutes ago, Sbaby said:

After starting the game with the bezel working and the arcade.ini and arcade.png files, I examined the log file and noticed that the plugin looks for a folder named “vc3.” As a result, I tried putting both the vc3.png and vc3.ini files in the same root folder and in a subfolder called “ vc3,” but unfortunately it still does not work.

Maybe it doesn't like the short filename when loading the bezel window. Can you try putting it in the vc3 subfolder and using a different filename?

\BezelLauncher\Bezels\Arcade\vc3\Arcade.png

33 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Maybe it doesn't like the short filename when loading the bezel window. Can you try putting it in the vc3 subfolder and using a different filename?

\BezelLauncher\Bezels\Arcade\vc3\Arcade.png

whatever I put inside the vc3 subfolder doesn't work, I've tried everything

I've gotten it to work great on Duckstation and PCSX2, but Dolphin is being stubborn.  If I set Dolphin with Render to Main Window checked, and not go full screen, it works.  However, that means I'm stuck with the menu bar and window controls visible, which is not ideal.  I messed around with moving the screen position in the test mode, which eventually worked, but I run both Wii and GameCube off of Dolphin, and the Wii looks great in full screen 16:9, where GameCube does not, so yet another reason not to have Render to Main Window checked.  I don't think it's possible to have two separate Dolphin installs, one for each console, so that means I'd rather not render in the main window.  However, when I set it that way and start a game, a short period of time after launching (~5-10 seconds) the main window comes in front of the render window and I can't see the game.  I'm not sure how this is programmed, but it seems to attempt to bring the emulator window to the top (just behind the bezel), but I think it's confused about which window to bring forward, and brings the main window instead of the render window forward.  I attempted to add a running script to minimize the main window, but then the controllers wouldn't work.

Any tips for Dolphin?  If it flat out won't work for Dolphin outside the main window, thanks for Duckstation and PCSX2 anyway!

10 hours ago, Lyshitsky said:

Any tips for Dolphin?  If it flat out won't work for Dolphin outside the main window

In LaunchBox, for your command-line parameters for Dolphin, do you have -b -e?  When launching Dolphin, it shouldn't have 2 windows.  But then I've never messed with 'Render to Main Window'.  So not sure if that's meaning there's an emulator window and a main window.  Or if main window is to mean the full monitor 'window'.

50 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

In short, no.

Unless they're png bezel files with a transparent area for the emulator window to show through.  A quick glance through the link you provided indicates those are for RetroArch. Which this plugin doesn't support.  But it's highly possible that I didn't read through far enough. 😊

Just now, JoeViking245 said:

In short, no.

Unless they're png bezel files with a transparent area for the emulator window to show through.  A quick glance through the link you provided indicates those are for RetroArch. Which this plugin doesn't support.  But it's highly possible that I didn't read through far enough. 😊

Yes, these shaders are for Retroarch. But I want to use these shaders with, say, Dolphin Standalone, because the Dolphin core is inferior to the standalone emulator. I thought that might be something your plugin would allow me to do.

3 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Yes, these shaders are for Retroarch. But I want to use these shaders with, say, Dolphin Standalone, because the Dolphin core is inferior to the standalone emulator. I thought that might be something your plugin would allow me to do.

Ya, I've haven't looked into those at all as I don't use bezels or shaders.  I believe the shader files and how they're applied is a completely different animal than the ones I use.

If these shaders are the ones I looked at previously (which would have been when I 1st looked into adding them), there was a bit of extracurricular processing and I think some third-party references/files needed to make them work. I was happy just to be able to apply the shaders that are available. As simplistic as they may be.

On a personal sidenote, playing Wii Full Screen, be it on a monitor or a 65" TV is much more desirable. ;)  Granted GameCube may be a different story because of its native aspect ratio.

51 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Ya, I've haven't looked into those at all as I don't use bezels or shaders.  I believe the shader files and how they're applied is a completely different animal than the ones I use.

If these shaders are the ones I looked at previously (which would have been when I 1st looked into adding them), there was a bit of extracurricular processing and I think some third-party references/files needed to make them work. I was happy just to be able to apply the shaders that are available. As simplistic as they may be.

On a personal sidenote, playing Wii Full Screen, be it on a monitor or a 65" TV is much more desirable. ;)  Granted GameCube may be a different story because of its native aspect ratio.

Yeah, I do only need these shaders for GameCube. I was content using the retroarch core until now, but now standalone dolphin also supports Retroarchievements, which is why I would like to switch

Edited by SiriusVI

• 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, EarthsDefect said:

Hi, having a problem with bezels using PCSX2, after game launching the bezel is over the top of the gameview, I can see the game in the correct location chosen for about 3 seconds then screen flashes and goes behind the bezel. I've tried enabling "hide game startup"

Then bezel is supposed to be on top of the games' window.  If the bezel is covering too much of the game window, go into BezelLauncher Setup and resize the window as described in Testing.  

If the bezel is completely hiding the game window, make sure it has a transparent center.

If I'm misunderstood what you're saying, can share a screenshot of what you're seeing?  Also share your logs file (located in the plugins' folder under /Logs/).  Just drag and drop the file onto this message vs copying and pasting the contents of the file.