LaunchBox Community Forums

I like the new Games DB layout and all....but....Recommendations

MJF

Yes I believe so. Is this something that could be updated? I'm doing research for a large project cataloging video games and I'd love to be able to use Launchbox as a source, but clicking into every game to see the year is not practical. Appreciate the responses and the work you guys do. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, barefootben said:

Yes I believe so. Is this something that could be updated? I'm doing research for a large project cataloging video games and I'd love to be able to use Launchbox as a source, but clicking into every game to see the year is not practical. Appreciate the responses and the work you guys do. Thanks!

I am sure it will be. The new site is a work in progress as the team now has a dedicated developer. So expect there will be more updates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barefootben said:

I'd reach out to support@unbrokensoftware.com and explain your use case. Could potentially get a data dump of the data that you can then peruse and use locally without the need for much manual navigation in the first place.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:07 PM, Thanatos_Prime said:

Alternately, maybe Neo Geo just needs people to stop *MOVING* cabs to Arcade and creating dupes.

The NEO GEO AES Section is for the HOME CONSOLE not the Arcade machines. Unless you are talking about the MVS, which is not the same.

Edited by MJF

On 2/11/2024 at 2:37 AM, Thanatos_Prime said:

Alternately, maybe Neo Geo just needs people to stop *MOVING* cabs to Arcade and creating dupes.

Sure, but there's no way to stop that. I wouldn't be against some 'Super Moderators' or being able to lock things down, but the current system some things just seem to go around in circles.

10 minutes ago, MJF said:

The NEO GEO AES Section is for the HOME CONSOLE not the Arcade machines. Unless you are talking about the MVS, which is not the same.

I put MVS in my post.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:58 PM, uberrr said:

I'm all for innovation but I also firmly believe in "If it aint broke, don't fix it." That being said, please add the ability to use the old Games DB Layout. It's going to take a long while to get used to the new one, plus some features are missing...although the dark mode is a plus

+1. The new layout appears to be missing full history of contributions and Approved status no longer appears for all entries (particularly in image submissions). It's a bit more confusing.

• 2 weeks later...