LaunchBox Community Forums

LB doesn't download videos, even using EmuMovies Premium

Hello everybody,

I'm an old premium user of LB and EmuMovies, but I haven't used LB in the few last years because I had not a PC for doing it anymore. In past it all worked fine and using EmuMovies Premium account I was able to download games' videos and I had all videos both for PC games and for ROMS.

In the last 2 days I spent about 10 hours setting all up and manually importing a lot of games, but when I went to Big Box I've had the bad surprise. Only about 15 games on 300 got a video downloaded. I tried everything, many times, even asked the AI looking for solutions online, but everything I found didn't help me.

There is the option to download from Steam and the other options in EmuMovies menu to download the videos and game video theme, but even if I select them there is no download.

Please tell me that there is a solution.

I still have the same problem, but I "fixed" it using a script found here on the forum (I can't remember the name) that makes appear the option "Download Video Snap" right clicking on a game. Sometimes it downloads the wrong video, but in general it helped me A LOT! An official fix of Launchbox would be great tho.

1 hour ago, Satori Ankh said:

I still have the same problem, but I "fixed" it using a script found here on the forum (I can't remember the name) that makes appear the option "Download Video Snap" right clicking on a game. Sometimes it downloads the wrong video, but in general it helped me A LOT! An official fix of Launchbox would be great tho.

Not confident there is anything for LB to fix. Checked on our team discord and so far no one else showing an issue with LB/Emumovies. Ran a few more tests importing SNES and Dreamcast with proper metadata/media downloaded. 

Just checked discord I note a few. But have tried just doing PS2 same problem.

Spools ups downloads art, emumovies logs in and zero! Tried to manually download says can't find it via emumovies. All other art no issues.

1 hour ago, drady said:

Just checked discord I note a few. But have tried just doing PS2 same problem.

Spools ups downloads art, emumovies logs in and zero! Tried to manually download says can't find it via emumovies. All other art no issues.

What were some games you imported for PS2?

Just tested in 2 batches about 14 games and both imports downloaded media from EmuMovies. So it is not a LB issue. 

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 4.41.35 PM.png

Dont know what to say, i've tried any ps2 or any games/emulator for that matter, used the login/password test, says is logged in all the other artwork gets downloaded, ZERO videos.  

image.thumb.png.a8e76365d2960a1e4934a0529b6f9c25.png

image.thumb.png.2c96d7ba17f81cb0642b53da83f46930.png

19 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Not confident there is anything for LB to fix. Checked on our team discord and so far no one else showing an issue with LB/Emumovies. Ran a few more tests importing SNES and Dreamcast with proper metadata/media downloaded. 

There are other problems aswell, like for example it doesn't download wallpapers for Windows games, but it downloads banners from Steam instead (the longer ones), so I had to manually download and import wallpapers for 300 games.

20 hours ago, drady said:

Oh man I'd love that script

Found it, its name is Vidsnap Scraper 😊

4 hours ago, drady said:

Dont know what to say, i've tried any ps2 or any games/emulator for that matter, used the login/password test, says is logged in all the other artwork gets downloaded, ZERO videos.  

image.thumb.png.a8e76365d2960a1e4934a0529b6f9c25.png

image.thumb.png.2c96d7ba17f81cb0642b53da83f46930.png

An example of some games would be good to know. Which is what I asked in the other post. In the images you shared when there is no video option it usually means LB is not finding a video for the game on EmuMovies. 

I tested a game a few games I see in your images and still no issue on my end. Here are pics from importing and scraping Freaky Flyers.

Screenshot2024-03-19at7_20_06AM.thumb.png.0f49cf6cc6931343bc916d61b84b9789.pngScreenshot2024-03-19at7_20_50AM.thumb.png.a2b4e5d077d42e9a00af0ecd94d422e6.png

Here with Deadly Skies III there is nothing on EmuMovies for it. However, use the US name (Airforce Delta Strike) and it finds media on EmuMovies. So it looks maybe like a naming issue with PAL games and EmuMovies. 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 7.33.11 AM.png

2 hours ago, Satori Ankh said:

There are other problems aswell, like for example it doesn't download wallpapers for Windows games, but it downloads banners from Steam instead (the longer ones), so I had to manually download and import wallpapers for 300 games.

Windows games are you talking about media downloads from LB GamesDB or from EmuMovies? I do not believe EmuMovies has a ton of media for Windows games. Looking through the EmuMovies FTP right now and I do see some, but not a bunch of Windows games videos/theme videos. I could be looking in the wrong spot. 

39 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

An example of some games would be good to know. Which is what I asked in the other post. In the images you shared when there is no video option it usually means LB is not finding a video for the game on EmuMovies. 

I tested a game a few games I see in your images and still no issue on my end. Here are pics from importing and scraping Freaky Flyers.

Screenshot2024-03-19at7_20_06AM.thumb.png.0f49cf6cc6931343bc916d61b84b9789.pngScreenshot2024-03-19at7_20_50AM.thumb.png.a2b4e5d077d42e9a00af0ecd94d422e6.png

Here with Deadly Skies III there is nothing on EmuMovies for it. However, use the US name (Airforce Delta Strike) and it finds media on EmuMovies. So it looks maybe like a naming issue with PAL games and EmuMovies. 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 7.33.11 AM.png

Yep you did sorry. But yep when I selected all of those games and infact ALL mame games it's zero. Never had this issue before. 

On 3/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, Retro808 said:

Windows games are you talking about media downloads from LB GamesDB or from EmuMovies? I do not believe EmuMovies has a ton of media for Windows games. Looking through the EmuMovies FTP right now and I do see some, but not a bunch of Windows games videos/theme videos. I could be looking in the wrong spot. 

I always try downloading from both, checking all the options. For Windows games I'm forced to use alternatives like downloading videos manually or with Vidsnap Scraper or with another method I've found here on the forum that could help somebody else aswell. The problem is that, except for Vidsnap Scraper (that isn't totally accurate honestly), the other methos are very slow, especially for big libraries of games.