LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox incorrectly showing that PS2 Bios is missing - Bug?

Posted (edited)

I've recently been setting up PS2 emulation in launchbox, using retroarch as emulator. There's a bit of an oddity that I wasn't sure whether was a Launchbox or a Retroarch issue; when I attempt to launch roms, I'm told that a dependency isn't satisfied.

When I check the dependency (screenshot) It shows that the bios can't be found... except that I DO have the correct bios in the correct location, and that 'Play anyway' will correctly launch the ROMs.

I'm posting so that the Launchbox team can have a look - it's reporting the bios folder name as bios' instead of bios (see pic) in the first half of the text - the \system\pcsx2\bios location specified contains my bios files, but I think the verification might be using an incorrect name (with a ' appended) when trying to verify.

Note that 'Open Location' opens my pcsx2 folder, not my pcsx2/bios folder. So I'm assuming that there's some sort of path issue confusion due to the ' (maybe)?

image.thumb.png.a38958fd6f1e0a19a849a3bd62f3cd9f.png

Edited by Santherus

I'll need to take a look at the code but that is not how that window should look. Should list the various BIOS that the emulator supports. I'd try running the installer over your current install again and see if it corrects. Not really sure how what you're seeing would even be possible given the code in place atm.

Curious. No change on reinstall (13.14) - I should note that the other retroarch core pages DO correctly list the files/dependencies as you stated (e.g. as below). It's just the PS2 page that seems to be reporting strangely.

(example of a 'good' page below)

image.thumb.png.4dc9c71b82d34cbf6860d914991d66f3.png

OH, that explains why I'm not seeing what you are... Didn't even notice you're using RetroArch. I wasn't even aware there WAS a PCSX2 Libretro core. I've only ever used (or heard used) the standalone emulator. I'll have to take a look again now that I'm on the same page as you.

Posted (edited)

This problem has been driving me crazy too. Same issue, I have the BIOS files but for some reason--Launchbox won't launch retroarch. Everything worked fine until the latest update which changed the settings somehow. 
Any help is greatly appreciated. 
Thanks

LB_PS2_Issue.png

Edited by Decept0r

8 hours ago, Decept0r said:

This problem has been driving me crazy too. Same issue, I have the BIOS files but for some reason--Launchbox won't launch retroarch. Everything worked fine until the latest update which changed the settings somehow. 
Any help is greatly appreciated. 
Thanks

One of our devs is looking into it.....

On 5/20/2024 at 1:34 PM, C-Beats said:

OH, that explains why I'm not seeing what you are... Didn't even notice you're using RetroArch. I wasn't even aware there WAS a PCSX2 Libretro core. I've only ever used (or heard used) the standalone emulator. I'll have to take a look again now that I'm on the same page as you.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I'm having the same issue with the Playstation 1.

I went to reinstall the platform and it comes with a missing BIOS file. See attched. The file is in 2 locations and none work. Changing the path doens't seem to be reflected in the error message either.

PSX error.jpg

Edited by Bobins