LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 13.14 bugs

Posted (edited)

13.4 issues

Importing issues: not giving me the option to where I want to move files unless I use the back button. (lost 25,7778 games because of this)

Importing wrong files with auto importer

Emulator updater does not give me the option to update emulator when I click on the cloud icon.

LAunchbox locks up when I try to move where my games are located if the old location is not there.

Please fix this issue. Also my emulator update option does not show up in my launchbox.

Thanks.

Edited by oniotaku

Posted (edited)

I also found this recent bug:

It seems that since the last Launchbox release, the Media file names aren’t reading correctly as before.

Example: the game is the following on the database

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

I have the media files as follows (clear logo, video, boxart):

BlazBlue - Cross Tag Battle.png

Before this last release, LB would correctly tag and link this media to the game. But now it doesn’t for some reason.

Can somebody help?

Edited by GodElite

• oniotaku changed the title to Launchbox 13.14 bugs

I'm also having a lot of problems
-Some platforms don't ask if I need to copy or move the rom. They just skip it.
-Images stopped to download. Needed to add manual. (I only add front, logo and screenshots)
-When importing the LB frooze 3 times with me.
-Some platforms ask for files, like bios, even if I already have it. Other's insist in recommending an emulator, even if I already have one, or even the same I use. That's anoying.
-The new auto import get's files that are not game related or executables. I needed to shut it down, since some games needs multiple archives. And even with it shut since last version, after the update the error occured again and there I go deleting a ton of entries...

2 hours ago, oniotaku said:

Why does Launchbox no longer ask me where I want my roms to go?

This issue is reported in the beta testing thread and is known by the devs. A fix is in place for the next beta release. 

I have merged your threads. Please do not post the same issue in multiple places.

Also, can they fix the white list for auto import? I lost a lot of games because of this bug. I found another bug where if the drive/folder is not present and I try to change the file location launchbox locks up and crashes.

On 5/28/2024 at 5:41 PM, Paladin101 said:

You can also press back after the step where you choose the emulator during rom importing. This will let you chose the rom location. However, this only works when pressing back.

I tried that but the bug skips that step unless I hit the back button then it shows up. Randomly does not give me that option.

Posted (edited)

The Media Cleanup isn't working for me. Finds media: 

LaunchBox_ee6CgwHk2s.thumb.png.7eff1d2ff44c1a6258b4a405e3b80790.png

Choose to move to a folder (tried one created outside of LB and one inside of LB Image folder):

LaunchBox_QK2QsNnTOo.thumb.png.5c8e6908e93a7a835ab05a93f0518ead.png

Says they're moving:

LaunchBox_mI8HY1ikP8.thumb.png.7994c1bba334f8114b612282e49be9b9.png

Then all I get is this:

LaunchBox_xKPz4DeQc4.thumb.png.a7740e492c8efa1111778b674a2456f4.png

Not using default folders for images, but should not matter as this has been unfixed for a very long time

Delete does appear to be working. I think due to the circumstances, the deleted files should be sent to the windows recycle bin instead of just deleted. JMO

Edited by The Papaw

On 6/1/2024 at 10:52 AM, Wally said:

I am getting this error when I try launching any game. If I press Close, Launchbox disappears!! :(

Clipboard0100000.jpg

Inside of LaunchBox, if you go to Tools > Download > Force Download Games Database (or something similar) does it correct the issue?

Posted (edited)

Hello,i'm experiencing that sometimes during gameplay (mame for example) the frontend exits (game Over screen) and i have the mame running in background. I need to close BB and then mame, then restart BB.

Edited by cybermat

3 hours ago, cybermat said:

Hello,i'm experiencing that sometimes during gameplay (mame for example) the frontend exits (game Over screen) and i have the mame running in background. I need to close BB and then mame, then restart BB.

Sounds like you have something taking focus away from MAME and putting it on the LB processes which is how we detect that the screen is required.