LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 DAY 1

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 1  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round!

• Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
    • Castlevania Advance Collection
    • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
    • Contra Anniversary Collection
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

Rules ℹ️

• For a full list of rules and details on this event, please check out our master post here
  • To be eligible to win, make sure you vote on the poll and answer the question via the comments section of this post

DAY 1 🏅

Welcome to Day 1 of the Great Game Gauntlet! 👑 With LaunchBox embodying the spirit of collecting, we’re on a quest to discover: What makes a great video game collection? 

Today, we're looking at:

Video Game Series Collections!

Lately, we’ve seen a great trend where companies are bringing back legacy games from classic series. These collections give players the chance to relive old favorites or dive into classic games for the first time, often with cool quality-of-life improvements and bonus content.

Today’s lineup of games perfectly captures this trend, with retro classics being reintroduced to a new audience in unbeatable bundles:

202cda7404e3c7fc6e569544b94bd069.thumb.png.c8d73c29e0deeac3c15b9496f79a08b0.png5fe8165eb955f0f95bd13b37984954e0.thumb.png.946051eca58c34e7ddd832886e62510a.pnge33fb7c88913cf7cdd9505fdf681e9b3.thumb.png.e911ae6905eedfb74982e054e3dfe31a.png3a0826d5e5996730fa93b2c1484c0409.thumb.png.f1e0d4be7b032e807164cefda1295102.pngab1b7ed1b1c70a16e319d36c4ceb23d6.thumb.png.659c634bf6498e1093c42322f6132eaa.png

If you want a chance to win one of these, make sure to cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round and answer this question:

Which classic game series would you like to see released as a collection, and why

So, what series would you pick? Feel free to tell us what games you’d include, along with any quality-of-life improvements or bonus content you think they need or deserve. We’re excited to hear your suggestions!

• Like 4

Getting things started, throwing my idea out there, hear me out.

Lemmings Classic Collection!

Lemmings was one of the first games I ever got for our family PC, and I spent countless hours guiding those little critters to safety! The original is a classic, but Lemmings Paintball? Oh boy, what a blast! Here’s what I’d include in the ultimate Lemmings collection:

•    Lemmings + Oh No, More Lemmings
    •    Lemmings 2 - The Tribes
    •    The Lemmings Chronicles
    •    3D Lemmings
    •    Lemmings Paintball

Get in all the original levels & expansion packs, add in the holiday-themed demos and spin-off levels, full mouse/keyboard and controller support, and a remastered soundtrack—what a collection that would be! 🎉 I'd drop easy money for this

1.thumb.png.1877d78c8b56be1ec5934b5c2cf1b1db.png2.thumb.png.b7edc92193fb99ae4e776c6e35b9dcf6.png3.thumb.png.7817b88a6cb0842d0bb34816116045ad.png4.thumb.png.7da8e4aecc9805bc31083005d6e1c481.png5.thumb.png.e81453d4b30f5a1d05bcc7508ab0337c.png

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions! 🎉

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

A Quintet/Enix collection with Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma would be incredible. North America never getting the chance to experience Terranigma proper is a shame, given how great the gameplay and the story is. The challenge here is Quintet has disappeared into the wind, and it's unknown how much Square Enix owns of the library. Holding out hope that this trilogy will one day be re-released!

• Like 3

DarkCloud collection. There were so much combination of weapons. It was one of the first home building games I've seen other than Sims. The dungeons were super fun. It was also one first games I played that had both fighting and also the ability to build a village. And the villagers that came with the houses you'd unlock from the dungeons would give you certain freebies if you placed their houses strategically.

image.jpeg.ff8272c7037ba45bb39ef31d77815981.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7bd5d5d35018102700aeb846c09908f1.jpeg

• Like 1

MSX Collection

Ever since I have played MSX and MSX 2/2+ games on a friend's house a long ago, I was very impressed by its power and there are many gems from these systems that I would like to see on a collection for modern systems.

Edited by numaluma
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AstroBob said:

Rules ℹ️

• For a full list of rules and details on this event, please check out our master post here
  • To be eligible to win, make sure you vote on the poll and answer the question via the comments section of this post

DAY 1 🏅

Welcome to Day 1 of the Great Game Gauntlet! 👑 With LaunchBox embodying the spirit of collecting, we’re on a quest to discover: What makes a great video game collection? 

Today, we're looking at:

Video Game Series Collections!

Lately, we’ve seen a great trend where companies are bringing back legacy games from classic series. These collections give players the chance to relive old favorites or dive into classic games for the first time, often with cool quality-of-life improvements and bonus content.

Today’s lineup of games perfectly captures this trend, with retro classics being reintroduced to a new audience in unbeatable bundles:

202cda7404e3c7fc6e569544b94bd069.thumb.png.c8d73c29e0deeac3c15b9496f79a08b0.png5fe8165eb955f0f95bd13b37984954e0.thumb.png.946051eca58c34e7ddd832886e62510a.pnge33fb7c88913cf7cdd9505fdf681e9b3.thumb.png.e911ae6905eedfb74982e054e3dfe31a.png3a0826d5e5996730fa93b2c1484c0409.thumb.png.f1e0d4be7b032e807164cefda1295102.pngab1b7ed1b1c70a16e319d36c4ceb23d6.thumb.png.659c634bf6498e1093c42322f6132eaa.png

If you want a chance to win one of these, make sure to cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round and answer this question:

Which classic game series would you like to see released as a collection, and why

So, what series would you pick? Feel free to tell us what games you’d include, along with any quality-of-life improvements or bonus content you think they need or deserve. We’re excited to hear your suggestions!

Densetsu no Stafy Classic Collection. The first games of this franchise has born on GBA, the console that have 3 from the all 4 games of the series. But the first 3 games have only launched on Japan and didn't have a decent translation since when, even by fans and Nintendo. I don't know if it's good a remaster or a official translation from this titles, but i will appreciate anything new about. Oh, and the last game was launched on NDS, and has been launched outside of Japan (Sorry for my english).

densetsunostafy.thumb.png.e2bc1de248bbf11f515f097f4c068cd7.png

densetsunostafy2.thumb.jpg.4a95a96c310c77594cd648223b0ca55d.jpg

densetsunostafy3.thumb.jpg.cb71702f0683019c55bc7a2d754694f8.jpg

thelegendarystarfy.thumb.jpg.ed90406e66e950c1a5c4bdbfcb7813da.jpg

• Like 2
  • Game On 1

This was a harder question than I thought it would be. However, I think I have my answer I’d call it the Brotherly Team Up Collection. It would be Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story from the DS & Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time also from the DS, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam from the 3DS & finally Mario & Luigi: Dream Team also from the 3DS. Also add Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga from the Gameboy Advance and you have all of them in one perfect package.  I loved when we got team up games from Nintendo I wish they would do it again and toss it on the switch I’d buy it in a heartbeat. 

IMG_1383.jpegIMG_1384.jpegIMG_1385.jpegIMG_1386.jpegIMG_1387.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

Most of my favorites are already thrown together as collections! But if I had to think of one... Imagine they put together the original Pokemon games from Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, and DS and merged them into one big "collection". Like how Gold/Silver had the Kanto region after you beat the Elite 4. But in this version, you choose a starting region, then post last gym badge of that region you decide where to go next. Additionally, all the same legendaries appear in the game.  Basically it would be just like Gold/Silver, except adding even more regions. Maybe giving you the option to continue leveling your pokemon or "reset" their stats at the base starting level for additional items or stat boosts.

• Like 1

All of the Time Crisis games which are no longer being sold commercially as cabinets.

Not just crappy emulated ports, but rebuilt for modern architectures, with full Sinden and Gun4IR support, and USB pedals built in natively. Handle the Sinden border and input device mappings from a settings menu, and everything. 

I'd pay real money for that.

Edited by megashub
  • Like 2
  • Game On 1

Personally, I would really like to see a revival for the Sega Smash Pack. But instead of classic genesis games, I want to see them bring Saturn and Dreamcast games to consoles. Here is my dream "Sega Smash Pack 3"

NiGHTS into Dreams... [ナイツ] (video game, Saturn, 1996) reviews & ratings -  Glitchwave video games databaseSonic Adventure - Sega Dreamcast : Sega Dreamcast: Video Games - Amazon.comSonic Adventure 2 · Render96/Render96Wiki Wiki · GitHubHang-On GP - Wikipedia

Shenmue (video game) - WikipediaUnreleased US Localization of the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II has been  dumped and released online. | Famiboards

New Factory Sealed Space Channel 5 - Dreamcast GameCrazy Taxi - Sega DreamcastVirtua FighterSega Dreamcast - Jet Grind RadioSkies of Arcadia - Wikipedia

• Like 3

TINY TOON ADVENTURES CLASSIC COLLECTION!!! 🤩 🥳 🥳 🥳

I think a good retro game collection would be the Tiny Toon Adventures series, I grew up playing the NES and Sega Genesis versions with my brother and sisters and they are really fun games and worth the time for the new generation of gamers to play!

The list of games included would be:

1. Tiny Toon Adventures 『 NES
  2. Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure 『 SEGA GENESIS 』
  3. Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland 『 NES
  4. Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars 『 SEGA GENESIS 』
  5. Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! 『 SNES
  6. Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break 『 GAME BOY 』
  7. Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness 『 GAME BOY 』
  8. Tiny Toon Adventures: Scary Dreams 『 GAME BOY ADVANCE 』

TinyToonCollection.thumb.png.b8ea63ccb8bc0a1359f0195086f641bf.png

Fun guaranteed! 🥰 

Edited by MarianS3
  • Like 3

Wow, so many fantastic submissions already! The quality of these suggestions is making my wallet nervous—I’m seriously tempted to go out and build these collections myself! Keep them coming!

3 hours ago, 5thWolf said:

Metroid Ultima Collection

@5thWolf ooooh, can you imagine! It's amazing playing these games back to back to see the progression they made with each entry

1 hour ago, Geohexamon said:

Personally, I would really like to see a revival for the Sega Smash Pack.

@Geohexamon yes, the Dreamcast definitely needs more love, and excellent choices. You may be very interested in tomorrow's question in that case 😉

3 hours ago, TheAgentGeek said:

This was a harder question than I thought it would be. However, I think I have my answer I’d call it the Brotherly Team Up Collection

@TheAgentGeek and how about if they dropped it right before Brothership releases? Now that would be something 🤔 🤩

24 minutes ago, MarianS3 said:

TINY TOON ADVENTURES CLASSIC COLLECTION!!! 🤩 🥳 🥳 🥳

@MarianS3 100% I need this! My brother and I spent hours with Acme Allstars on the Genesis! I just remember there was a character who drove a car and could literally score 3-pointers from the other end of the court 🤣 Oh, and props for the clean collection image there 🤌 🧑‍🍳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1