LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.17 - Beta Thread

faeran

Hi All,

It's time for another beta round. 13.17 beta 1 is out with the following:

• Fixed: Game saves weren't always being detected on startup correctly

We've also added some extra logging which should hopefully help us track down a few of the crash reports some people have been seeing related to the import games bug using the ROM Import wizard or drag/drop wizard, and the delete platform bug. It would be beneficial for a user experiencing either of those to update to this beta, turn on debug logging and get it to crash, then post your logs here.

Beta 2:

• Fixed: Microsoft Xbox ISO files could fail to properly be identified using some import methods like the ROM Import Wizard
  • Fixed: Resolved an issue that prevented game changes made in the Game Details view from being persisted to the database
  • Fixed: Multiple null reference exceptions that could occur under certain conditions
  • Fixed: Switching between Text List view to another view in Big Box would sometimes fail to load the correct information in the new view

Beta 3:

• Improvement: Optimized the fetching of RetroAchievement hashes to reduce API calls and prevent user timeouts
  • Improvement: Disable automatic ROM import for specific platforms in the Edit Platform window
  • Improvement: Simplified plugin names for better clarity
  • Fixed: Resolved some play time sync issues
  • Fixed: Corrected region sorting errors when combining games
  • Fixed: The RetroArch plugin no longer creates unnecessary save folders

Thanks Everyone.

• Like 13

The auto import feature isn't working for files that have these extensions (this beta and 3.16): 

• *.txt
  • *.xml

I tried on completely new LB install and cut and paste in a "ROM" file with same exact name and anything with above will not be seen by auto import.  Variations of "*.t2t" work so suspect there was something added to ignore these extensions.  As Emulators like TeknoParrot point to XMLs excluding these (if that was the intent) breaks importer for these type setups or where *.txt files are used as pointers.  Less issue for txt files as could use another extension for text pointers. But not so much for XMLs as that is what TeknoParrot uses as the profile to run. 

Until we add the ability to white/black list extensions for auto-scanning per platform this is unlikely to change. Typically text files like that are supporting files and NOT the ROM. TeknoParrot is an exception to the rule and we don't want to break setups for virtually every other emulator.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Until we add the ability to white/black list extensions for auto-scanning per platform this is unlikely to change. Typically text files like that are supporting files and NOT the ROM. TeknoParrot is an exception to the rule and we don't want to break setups for virtually every other emulator.

Is there is a list anywhere of what extensions auto import ignores? 

Beta 2 is out with the following changes:

• Fixed: Microsoft Xbox ISO files could fail to properly be identified using some import methods like the ROM Import Wizard
  • Fixed: Resolved an issue that prevented game changes made in the Game Details view from being persisted to the database
  • Fixed: Multiple null reference exceptions that could occur under certain conditions
  • Fixed: Switching between Text List view to another view in Big Box would sometimes fail to load the correct information in the new view

This should fix issues like the import bug some users were having, along with about 3 or 4 other Null reference errors that users were experiencing throughout the app.

• Like 3

I sent to bitbucket report a couple days ago about not being able to change Platform/Playlists paths, this has improved with v13.17.2. Now works as expected until LB begins scanning for Store Front games, then it cripples it. I turned off the Auto Update but LB still scans for Store Front games. I either have to wait minutes to change a path location or close LB, re-open and get a few before it cripples it again.

UPDATE: Added log file

Debug 2024-09-27 06-30-45 AM.log

Edited by The Papaw
uploaded log file

Beta 3 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Optimized the fetching of RetroAchievement hashes to reduce API calls and prevent user timeouts
  • Improvement: Disable automatic ROM import for specific platforms in the Edit Platform window
  • Improvement: Simplified plugin names for better clarity
  • Fixed: Resolved some play time sync issues
  • Fixed: Corrected region sorting errors when combining games
  • Fixed: The RetroArch plugin no longer creates unnecessary save folders

last 2 betas have had a small (new) problem in bigbox:

if I enter a playlist and scroll down all works fine.
then I play a game and exit .. now when I scroll the theme don't update so nothing changes..
if I exit the playlist and re-enter it all works again!

this is new and has not happened before the latest 2 betas!
i'm running default theme in Tate mode . ... if that makes a difference? :)

8 minutes ago, stensgaard said:

last 2 betas have had a small (new) problem in bigbox:

if I enter a playlist and scroll down all works fine.
then I play a game and exit .. now when I scroll the theme don't update so nothing changes..
if I exit the playlist and re-enter it all works again!

this is new and has not happened before the latest 2 betas!
i'm running default theme in Tate mode . ... if that makes a difference? :)

What view(s) are you using?

Also,

• Are you using the game menu or are you bypassing it?
  • Are you referring to the Playlist section or a playlist within the Platform Category section?

3 minutes ago, stensgaard said:

Theme: Default

Platform List View: Platform Wheel 1

Games List View: Vertical Wheel 2

a video could help out a lot in your situation, as there's a ton of variables and this seems not easily reproducible, so I'm guessing it's related to some very specific thing on your set up.

Also, if you can zip up your data folder and send it to me in a PM that could help as well.