LaunchBox Community Forums

10 Screenshots

About This File

This is my latest theme and has taken many weeks of work to get to this stage. A big thank you to @eatkinola for his assistance with getting the video plugin working.

The theme is loosely based on the Netflix interface and is designed to be a clean dark theme with an emphasis on fanart and videos. The plugin is included within the theme for the videos to work correctly. As with Netflix the theme is designed to show the fanart for approx. 4 seconds before then fading in the video. As the videos do not use the inbuilt Launchbox control and instead use the plugin I have found the experience smoother with the video option set to Windows Media Player rather than VLC and have not experienced any issues in doing this though your mileage may vary so if one doesn't work/stutters try the other.

There is one platform view in this theme and 7 Game views. The Game views are clear logos vertical, screenshots vertical 4:3 format, screenshots vertical 16:9 format, horizontal clear logos, horizontal screenshots 4:3, horizontal screenshots 16:9 and a two row Wall View.

The game details screen includes full controller layout for the various platforms (all major ones covered) and there is a template file included for Gimp GNU in the theme/images/controls folder should you wish to change the control images / styles. 

As always comments and suggestions welcome.

Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Bigbox crash report

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
App:     Big Box
Version: 8.3-beta-1
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel)
Source:  BigBox
   at (ImageVideoViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.<InitImage>b__18_0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (Action , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.InitImage()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.Init(ImageSource source, String video)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.<SelectionChangedTimerElapsed>b__55_3(ImageSource source)
   at (Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ImageLoader.LoadImages(Object unused)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
Recent Log:
   10:43:10 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:11 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:12 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:12 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:20 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:20 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:21 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:22 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:23 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:24 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:24 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   10:43:24 AM Exception
  • Like 1

Not sure what’s causing this @knightCrawler  but can you check a few things:

Is this on load or when a certain view is loaded? 

Can you check the file properties of the dlls in the theme plugins folder to make sure they are all unblocked as may have been blocked by windows on download

Have you tried with video set to both VLC and MediaPlayer and is the error present on both? 

Edited by shro2016

Great looking theme!

The game videos are not starting for me. I tried both VLC and WM with no success.

As I understand, the game video should start after a few seconds.

The platform videos works fine though.

Help!

That sounds like a plug-in issue as the game videos use @eatkinola plugin which is included in the theme. 

Can you check to make sure that the DLLs within the theme/plug-in folder are unblocked by right-clicking the file and viewing its properties. If blocked there should be an unblock button at the bottom of the properties page.

Also if you could check your launch box videos folder and confirm what the file name and folder structure  is within there for a game video that is not showing please as that may help troubleshoot this.

thanks

18 hours ago, shro2016 said:

That sounds like a plug-in issue as the game videos use @eatkinola plugin which is included in the theme. 

Can you check to make sure that the DLLs within the theme/plug-in folder are unblocked by right-clicking the file and viewing its properties. If blocked there should be an unblock button at the bottom of the properties page.

Also if you could check your launch box videos folder and confirm what the file name and folder structure  is within there for a game video that is not showing please as that may help troubleshoot this.

thanks

I checked the 3 dll files and they are not blocked.

My Launchbox folder is on my C: drive, but my videos on another drive. For instance -  F:\Emulation\videos\Nintendo GameCube\F-Zero GX.mp4 

In Launchbox, I changed the video folder for my platform (Nintendo GameCube) with the Manage Platforms settings to match the path just mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

@YanNot quite sure if this is now working for you or not since you changed the platform video path? If not could you try moving a single video to the videos folder within the launch box videos directory and see if that works? 

Edited by shro2016

2 hours ago, shro2016 said:

@YanNot quite sure if this is now working for you or not since you changed the platform video path? If not could you try moving a single video to the videos folder within the launch box videos directory and see if that works? 

Not working yet.

Yeah I tried to move the video files back to the default Launchbox folders and it's not working either.

Is it the same on all game views or just some? Have you also set the platform video path and path within the game info back to default location? 

This does sound like an issue with the plug-in I’m using for the video. @eatkinola are you aware of any known issues with the plug-in and video files being held outside of main launch box directory? 

On 5/5/2018 at 5:32 AM, shro2016 said:

@eatkinola are you aware of any known issues with the plug-in and video files being held outside of main launch box directory?

The plugin does not currently support that, but I'll work on a fix.

8 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Great! Keep us updated.

16 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks @eatkinola, wasn't sure if it was the way I was using it in my theme. 

Great looking theme shro2016. Looks great on a big screen TV. Would you be able to add Grila's custom big box controls plugin to your themes for date & time & controller battery status as I have no experience with visual studio.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:49 PM, knightCrawler said:

Informe de fallas de Bigbox

Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
Aplicación:
Versión de Big Box : 8.3-beta-1
Tipo: System.NullReferenceException
Sitio: Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel)
Fuente: BigBox
   en (ImageVideoViewModel)
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel. <InitImage> b__18_0 ()
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore ()
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl ()
--- El seguimiento del final de la pila desde la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw ()
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (Tarea de tarea)
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait (TimeSpan timeout)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl (Operación DispatcherOperation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (devolución de llamada de acción, prioridad de DispatcherPriority, cancelación de cancelación de CancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (devolución de llamada de acción, prioridad de DispatcherPriority)
   en (Action, DispatcherPriority)
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox .Wpf.Threading.Invoke (devolución de llamada de acción, prioridad de DispatcherPriority)
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.InitImage ()
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.ImageVideoViewModel.Init (fuente de ImageSource, String video)
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel. <SelectionChangedTimerElapsed> b__55_3 (fuente de ImageSource)
   at (Object)
   en Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ImageLoader.LoadImages (Objeto no utilizado)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback devolución de llamada, estado del objeto, boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem ()
   en System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch ()
Registro reciente:
   10:43:10 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disponer) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43: 10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43:10 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43: 12 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:12 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:12 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43: 13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43:13 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43: 14 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:20 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:20 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:21 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43:22 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10:43:22 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing ) HandleManager.Remove
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) Gratis
   10:43:23 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose (bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   10: 43:23 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:23 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:24 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:24 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Comenzar
   10:43:24 AM Exception

I have the same error :(   

Did you fix it?

Hey love the theme great work! I seem to be having a problem when it's playing videos the sound is doubled up so like I'm hearing an echo, also the sound starts playing before the video starts is that supposed to happen?

I LOVE THIS THEME!  It just looks great!

I was wondering if there is any work being done to update artwork for systems that are missing?  Or  system name wheel art that is missing?

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Hey, love the theme but i'm more than a little confused as to what i'm supposed to do with the 'Controller Template.xcf' file. I've got GIMP installed and it's a 43 MB file but when I open it it just shows a grey/black square with some text. Admittedly i'm new to all of this but I was just wondering if you (or anyone else) could help me out with what i'm supposed to do to work with this template?

Is there a way to change this view to display box art at the bottom instead of screenshots? Or may be there is a simple edit that I can do to a horizontal wheel 1 view in the xaml file. thank you. it is one of the best themes imo.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 12.00.04 AM.png

Unfortunately not @isilkin - the reason for using the screenshots is that this ensures the theme remains consistently sized - if using boxart then each system has different size boxes which then doesnt look right and would require layout to be changed.

This is one of the issues I am currently having in that the themes will only ever be as good as users artwork - steam banners and square tiles is how it is being done on consoles so that all tiles are consistently sized. I am currently working on some boxart files to upload to emumovies that will give consistent dimensions but @jasoncarr would then need to somehow reference these as additional image types to pull in automatically for theme use but one step at a time.