LaunchBox Community Forums

ReadLaunchBox 1.5v

(6 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Scan your list of games by platform and type of media, and get a detailed list of games that do not have their box, video, data id base, this repeated, etc.

- Specify folder Launchbox
- Select platform
- Select media type
  -> Analyze

you will have:
- List of games
- Id database of their games
- If the game has any type of media
- Route media type
- Route Game
- Wikipedia game

this we can filter by:
- Repeated game
- Type of media: all, none, or only has.
- Repeated games.

and everything can export to Excel.

It works perfect for me and I hope to help you any.

I want to share a small grassy develop in order to be able to order and complete the multimedia components (images, videos, etc) from my collection.

mainly I needed to know which games had not associated an ID, plus your images, etc. this in every collection. for this, create "ReadLaunchBox" to get the information from my collection and to complete it.

Try them and I welcome your comments and any advice for improvement.

sorry for my English, but my language is Spanish.

-----------------

Analiza tu lista de juegos por plataforma y tipo de media, y obtendrás una lista con el detalle de los juegos que no tienen su caja , vídeo, id base datos, esta repetido, etc.  

les quiero compartir una pequeña heramienta que desarrolle con el fin de poder ordenar y completar los componentes multimedia (imagenes ,videos, etc) de mi coleccion.

principalmente necesitaba saber cuales juegos no tenian asociada una ID , ademas de sus imagenes, etc. esto en cada coleccion. 

para esto, cree "ReadLaunchBox" para obtener la informacion de mi coleccion y poder completarla.

pruebela y espero sus comentarios y cualquier consejo para mejora. 

perdon por mi ingles, pero mi lengua es español.

2016-10-31 22_51_10-.png

2016-10-31 22_53_33-.png

2016-10-31 22_54_09-.png

2016-10-31 22_54_49-ReadLaunchBox_Sega Saturn_Disc.xlsx - Excel.png

What's New in Version 1.5v   See changelog

Released

new version 1.5v.

• Export to text
  • Export to xls (excel), now with a new free library with which office is not dependent.

The export to text, is not the best ... its visualization can be confusing because that the name of the game, and directories changes the size of the colums, to help in this adds ";" ... is an option that can help.

Questions, comment!2016-12-04 14_37_03-ReadLaunchBox 1.5v.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new version 1.0v now complete, at least is what I wanted, to analyze my game and know what you have all your boxes, videos or id in database, etc. in order to complete it.

- Specify folder Launchbox
- Select platform
- Select media type
  -> Analyze

you will have:
- List of games
- Id database of their games
- If the game has any type of media
- Route media type
- Route Game
- Wikipedia game

this we can filter by:
- Repeated game
- Type of media: all, none, or only has.
- Repeated games.

and everything can export to Excel.

It works perfect for me and I hope to help you any.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nueva version  ya completa, por lo menos es lo que buscaba, poder analizar mi lista de juegos y saber cuales tiene todas sus cajas , videos o su id de basedatos, etc. con el fin de completarla.

- indique carpeta launchbox
- seleccione plataforma
- seleccione tipo de media
 -- > Analizar

usted tendra:
- lista de sus juegos
- id database de sus juegos
- si el juego tiene o no tipo de media
- ruta de tipo de media
- ruta del juego
- wikipedia juego

esto lo podra filtrar por:
-  juego repetidos
-  tipo de media : toda, no tiene, o solo tiene.
-  juegos repetidos.

y todo lo podra exportar a Excel.

para mi funciona perfecto y espero le ayude a alguno.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 27/11/2016 at 10:00 PM, Maddoc1007 said:

Could this be made to write the output to notepad++ for people that don't have excel?

Added the option !!

The export to text, is not the best ... its visualization can be confusing because that the name of the game, and directories changes the size of the colums, to help in this adds ";" ... is an option that can help.

Edited by nicknamex
  • Like 1

cool app, just one thing that is causing me problems, it seems the app trys to match using title rather than filename, is it possible to add a checkbox to switch betweeen the 2 modes

Thank you for this tool.

I have a feature request:

I know this is a media tool, but it would be great to know if the actual ROM file doesn't exist anymore. (maybe by adding the column "ROMExist")

Edited by Norfair

This is a great tool for noting whether a certain type of media exists or not.

I also like to know whether there are multiple images in a category - that way, I can remove duplicates if necessary. Would you be able to add to the tool a listing that counts how many images there are for the different categories?

On 6/12/2016 at 1:41 PM, billyc999 said:

cool app, just one thing that is causing me problems, it seems the app trys to match using title rather than filename, is it possible to add a checkbox to switch betweeen the 2 modes

I am not sure what you need .. the program works based on the launchbox data files, taking the name of the game and with this looking for the media file (video, logo, box, etc.) clear is not perfect can That there are files with names with characters that do not detect them and not result at all correct ..

3 hours ago, Norfair said:

Thank you for this tool.

I have a feature request:

I know this is a media tool, but it would be great to know if the actual ROM file doesn't exist anymore. (maybe by adding the column "ROMExist")

This would be possible, currently in the analysis the ROM is displayed, I will have to add the verification asking if the file actually exists ..

1 hour ago, dionymnia said:

This is a great tool for noting whether a certain type of media exists or not.

I also like to know whether there are multiple images in a category - that way, I can remove duplicates if necessary. Would you be able to add to the tool a listing that counts how many images there are for the different categories?

I think it could also add, there will be cases where files will not necessarily be repeated, such as background or screenshot that can be more than one.

Over the weekend, I will try to work on these points. thanks to all!

• Like 1

Jason just added "Scan for removed ROMs" in the latest beta. Which means that my feature request isn't that important anymore.

thank you for reply, here'e  a screen shot , i have all flyers for AAE but your tool show i only have a few of them, and i think its due to it reding the title of the game rather than the name of the rom

Untitled-1.jpg

3 hours ago, billyc999 said:

thank you for reply, here'e  a screen shot , i have all flyers for AAE but your tool show i only have a few of them, and i think its due to it reding the title of the game rather than the name of the rom

Untitled-1.jpg

Now if it is clear to me!
For the case of the arcade game (and I do not know if it happens in other platforms) the media files are also associated by the name rom not only by the title.

Now I understand the problem I will review it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

What the difference between this and the Lauchbox audit option?

this was created before there was the built in audit.

• Thanks 1

Having issues where it doesn't find artwork that I clearly have. I have boxes and clear logos for every game in my collection but this tool tells me I'm missing quite a few of them. Seems like any rom I have with a dash but have a colon in the Launchbox name has it's media ignored. 

For Example, my rom name is "007 - The Wold is Not Enough" but in Launchbox the game title is shown as "007: The Wold is Not Enough".  When that happens, this software says my media is missing.

Edited by Styphelus

14 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Having issues where it doesn't find artwork that I clearly have. I have boxes and clear logos for every game in my collection but this tool tells me I'm missing quite a few of them. Seems like any rom I have with a dash but have a colon in the Launchbox name has it's media ignored. 

For Example, my rom name is "007 - The Wold is Not Enough" but in Launchbox the game title is shown as "007: The Wold is Not Enough".  When that happens, this software says my media is missing.

I doubt you will get an answer. The original author hasn't been around for nearly two years.

Have you tried using the now native audit too?

5 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Its a bug with this tool. As you noticed, anything with a "dash" or "colon" and other special characters it will not pick up. It will also not pickup MAME type naming format where the name of the game is different than the media (i.e., if media is named after ROM which is typical for MAME).  So if you have a standard set of media, MAME is pretty much non-usable for this tool. About the only thing I use for now is the ability to check games which have manuals. For whatever reason that is not in the built in audit tool. 

I ended up writing my own audit tool which breaks down all the images into their own category. I have never liked the way they are grouped together according to the rules setup in the LaunchBox Option panel. It also audits manuals, music, etc.

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I ended up writing my own audit tool which breaks down all the images into their own category. I have never liked the way they are grouped together according to the rules setup in the LaunchBox Option panel. It also audits manuals, music, etc.

Would you mind sharing? The Launchbox audit tool is next to useless and I can't fin anything that actually works. I've kept my Hyperspin install just so I can audit my artwork but It would be nice to just get rid of it.

9 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Would you mind sharing? The Launchbox audit tool is next to useless and I can't fin anything that actually works. I've kept my Hyperspin install just so I can audit my artwork but It would be nice to just get rid of it.

have the same feeling and using old stuff from other frontends ?

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I would like to see this as well

@Styphelus, @Chris Kant, @Kondorito, thanks for the interest in my utility. I will see what I can do to get it release ready. It currently serves my needs well, but it does have a couple of bugs that need addressed. I initially planned on asking for testers in the appropriate forum here, but real life intervened and required me to step back from this community a bit. Now that I know there is interest, I will continue with my effort. If any of you are interested in being a tester, please contact me via PM. I don't want to hijack this section any more than necessary.

Thanks again for your interest.

• Thanks 1

All, my audit utility is ready for beta test. I have one tester now, but more would be better. Contact me via PM is interested in guiding the future of this build.

sorry, after they add similar options natively in launchbox, stop following the application. even I do not know if it works 100% with the latest changes in launchbox. I can not promise anything, but I will search the sources and see if I can share or update fix bug.

thank you all for the comments and who use the application :)

• Haha 1