LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Configurator Next Beta 2

(19 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

PCSX2 Configurator Next for LaunchBox
PCSX2 Configuartor Next is a plugin for LaunchBox that allows users to easily configure PCSX2 on a per-game basis. The plugin also allows for pre-optimised configs to be downloaded from right within LaunchBox for a whole host of popular PS2 games, from Zombeaver's excellent PS2 Configuration Project.

Installation
The plugin is easy to install and simply needs to be downloaded and extracted. The archive contains a folder called "PCSX2 Configurator Next", this should be placed in the root of the "Plugins" in the user's LaunchBox directory. Any previous versions of the plugin should be removed before attempting to install this version.

General Usage
The plugin is relatively straight forward to use, but has been changed significantly from previous versions. You will first need to have PCSX2 (1.5.0 development build) setup as an emulator in LaunchBox. Then right click on a PS2 Game and choose "PCSX2 Configurator" from near the bottom of the context menu. This will present a menu of options:

"Create Config" - Creates a new config for the game in question based on the users current PCSX2 settings, If a config already exists this will overwrite that config with a new one.

"Download Config" - This will download one of Zombeaver's Config and set it up to be ready to play for the selected game, this will be greyed out if now config is available, and will change to "Update Config" if a new update is available for the downloaded config.

"Remove Config" - This will remove the current config for the selected game, and will be greyed out if there is no current config.

"Configure With PCSX2" - This will open PCSX2 with the config for the selected game loaded, allowing you to customise your config for the selected game (Downloaded Config's can also be tweaked). Once a game has a created config this can also be done using LaunchBox's built in "Configure" from the games context menu. Both these options will be greyed out if there is no config for the selected game.

There is also a "settings.ini" file created in the plugins folder ("%LaunchBoxDir%/Plugins/PCSX2 Configurator Next"), this can be tweaked manually but most settings don't need to be touched in most cases. Some people may wish to change the "GameConfigsDir" which is where the created configs are stored, this deafults to the users PCSX2 "inis" directory. There is currently no inteface to modify these settings, but that is planned in a future version.

Version Info and The Next in The Name
This version of the plugin is the successor to the original PCSX2 Configurator plugin, with a completely re-worked codebase from that version, and full compatibility with LaunchBox.Next (which is now the current version of LaunchBox). The main reason "Next" was added to the name is to initially seperate it from that (now discontinued) verison of the plugin. This release is currently in Beta and the "Next" from the name will probably be dropped eventually for a stable release with more features.

Credit and Support
I have personally put a lot of time and effort into all versions of this plugin, with it essentially being my free-time pet project for the last year and a half. Though I know the plugin would not be what it is today without Zombeaver who really helped me to bring this plugin to the next level, by allow me to integrate his PS2 configurations into it as well as creating artwork and helping me test the plugin. I would also like to say a big thank you to spectral, neil9000, and kmoney for helping me out with testing, and of course Jason Carr for making LaunchBox and implementing some of my requested changes into the plugin engine. I intend to keep working on this plugin, and fix any reported bugs as well as update the plugin with new features. So if you have any problem or feature request's hop over to the plugins thread on the forums and let me know. The project is also open sourced under the MIT license and can be found on my github.

UPDATE (JUNE 2020): This Plugin is now in maintenance mode, and is nearing end of life. I am currently working on a standalone version that will serve the same purpose, which will also be made to work with LaunchBox. The progress of that can be found here

What's New in Version Beta 2   See changelog

Released

New in This Release:

• Custom Command Line Parameters can now be specified a part of a config. A file called "cli.txt" should be placed in config directory with parameters separated by commas and/or line breaks.
  • User can now have multiple versions of PSCX2. The Title of the version that the plugin will use can now be specified in Settings.ini (Pcsx2BuildTitle).
  • Nicer handling of Absolute Paths. All Absolute paths are qualified from the drive's root and no longer reference the LaunchBox directory.
  • Configs directory can now be relative to the PCSX2 directory. This is now the default behaviour
  • No error will be shown if a non critical PCSX2 base config file is missing when downloading a config, before this crashed the plugin.
  • Custom command line parameters will now always update when wrong and/or missing information, but if all information provided is correct edits can still be made.
  • Nicer Drop Shadow on Title Text, also added text-wrap for longer titles.
  • Plugin now uses the PCSX2 Icon.
  • Major Code changes and refactor (Does not affect User).
  • Just a quick note about Updating from a previous release. I advise you first delete your Settings.ini file from the plugins directory, and let the plugin recreate it, as this version handles some of the settings slightly differently.

HOTFIX September 2020 - fix for new versions of Launchbox (11.4+), with new folder structure

HOTFIX June 2020 - fixes issue with issue with pnach files not overwriting existing files, also adds widescreen as default for remote configs

HOTFIX April 2020 - fixes issue with 7zip being moved to third party folder

• Like 23
  • Thanks 19
  • Unusual Gem 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Menu doesn't seem to show up on LB 9.3. Installing plugin then using "PCSX2 Configurator" on the bottom of the sub-menu (right click) of a PS2 game doesn't do anything.

Everytime I try to Create or download config an error pops up, and I have no idea what this issue could be.

Illegal characters in path.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.5
Type:    System.ArgumentException
Site:    Void EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.QuickDemand(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String fullPath, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ExtractFormattedMemoryCard(IniData baseUiConfig, String memCardFileName)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateConfig(IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.CreateConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

1:38:08 AM Music.Prepare Start
   01:38:08 Music.Kill Start
   01:38:08 Music.Kill Finished
   01:38:08 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:38:08 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:38:30 AM Music.Play Start
   01:38:30 Music.Kill Start
   01:38:30 Music.Kill Finished
   01:38:30 Music.Play Empty Music Path
   01:38:30 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:38:30 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:40:34 AM Music.Pause Start
   1:40:34 AM Music.Pause Start
   1:50:06 AM Music.Play Start
   01:50:06 Music.Kill Start
   01:50:06 Music.Kill Finished
   01:50:06 Music.Play Empty Music Path
   01:50:06 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   01:50:06 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   1:50:07 AM Exception

• Thanks 1

I would first like to begin by saying thank you to @alec100_94 and @Zombeaver for this amazing plugin! The ability to have pre-configured optimizations in a matter of seconds with a click of a button is truly an amazing feat.

Though this program is very user friendly in nature, it has taken me a bit to get everything up and going-- the most recent developer build of 1.5 wasn't playing nicely with the plugin, which I didn't learn until much trial and error.

I resorted to using a build I had acquired a while back (pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1793-g52ec143-windows-x86.), and I think I have everything up and going for the most part.

My only problem has to with memory cards saves. I have plenty of saves in my "memcards" folder. When I access a game that has not been configured using the plugin, I have no problems. When using the plugin the game does not recognize the memory card/memcards folder, thus I am unable to load from any of my previous saves.

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

my pcsx2 configurator is greyed out and the platform was already on sony playstation 2 so i dont know what else i should do

Is it possible to have this work with pcsx2 being portable?  It seems to only want to look for my inis in C:\Users\Arcade\Documents\..... (etc.)

I have pcsx2 located in F:\emulators\pscx2.  In there I also have "portable.ini" and my "inis" folder.

As with "GameConfigsDir =" in the settings.ini files, would it be possible to have something like "inisDir ="?

Thanks.

Hi great plugin, however, I cannot see to download any premade configs, now I guess I could be just unlucky on the games I have added to launch box at the mo but is there a list anywhere I can check games against?

Thanks.

maybe a daft question but will this also save and load in different custom shaders I use for different games?

On 2/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, katiemanoruk said:

Im getting the same issue, not appearing anywhere unfortunately

I'm having the same issue. The plug-in worked about a month ago, but after a few Launchbox updates, it won't show up in the right click menu anymore. :(

I've tried installing a fresh copy also. (Yes, the one here on the forum, not a github repo.)38566089_LaunchBox2019-06-2208_50_10.jpg.f0fd8272aaa46f8b78945ad285c20bf9.jpg

Annnnd... I fixed it! I think the issue was that I had two separate versions of PCSX2 installed, because TimeSplitters has mouse injection now. ;) 

I think the plugin got confused because I named that custom version "PCSX2 TimeSplitters Edition". I'm not sure how the plugin finds/connects to the emulator, but I renamed that custom TimeSplitters emulator to not have "PCSX2" anywhere in it (inside Launchbox) and then rebooted it. Now I can the configurator tool again - woohoo! 

Just wanted to share, as this might help others solve the problem as well. ?

LaunchBox 2019-06-22 09.10.50.jpg

Manage Emulators 2019-06-22 09.12.31.jpg

I get this error when trying to create or download profiles for games:

2019-08-05 12:25:55 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not find file '\\Users\User\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd.ps2'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
2019-08-05 12:25:55 AM DISPLAYED EXCEPTION: Could not find file '\\Users\User\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd.ps2'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ExtractFormattedMemoryCard(IniData baseUiConfig, String memCardFileName)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateUiConfigFile(String targetConfigDir, IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.CreateConfig(IGame game)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.ApplyRemoteConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigDir)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Core.Configurator.DownloadConfig(IGame game, String remoteConfigPath)
   at PCSX2_Configurator_Next.Ui.ConfigWindow.DownloadConfigBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The memory card file does exist in the directory on the C drive. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

@Funkenstein, @Zombeaver recently had a similar problem, it was the path to MemoryCards in the base PCSX2 config file. so in PCSX2_ui.ini (under {%PCSX2_DIR%}\inis) the MemoryCards Folder is relative to PCSX2's path, or a full absolute path with a root (drive letter). So it should probably just be memcards as shown below. Hopefully that fixes it.

unknown.png

• Like 1

First of all, I want to say thank you for this great plugin. You did an amazing job!!!
I have a question to the “cli.txt”-file. Where have I to put this file, what do mean with the config directory? I have put the file in main directory of your plugin and also in the sub directory, but nothing happened. My additional command line parameter didn’t appear.

The content of my text file looks like this...
--fullboot,

@Kobe34 Not many people use that feature, I almost forgot it existed, but it should be in the games config folder along with the other config files for the game (in pcsx2's inis folder by default). If you want to apply the command-line option for all games you can just add it through launchbox.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, alec100_94 said:

@Funkenstein, @Zombeaver recently had a similar problem, it was the path to MemoryCards in the base PCSX2 config file. so in PCSX2_ui.ini (under {%PCSX2_DIR%}\inis) the MemoryCards Folder is relative to PCSX2's path, or a full absolute path with a root (drive letter). So it should probably just be memcards as shown below. Hopefully that fixes it.

@alec100_94 Ah ok, that fixed it! Thanks a lot!

hello, I just thought I might add this does not work anymore for LB latest release 10.6

LB says error with plugins folder and continues to try and load up and hangs

4 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

hello, I just thought I might add this does not work anymore for LB latest release 10.6

LB says error with plugins folder and continues to try and load up and hangs

Just tested here and its working fine on 10.6.

image.thumb.png.adc8259d18e87d8ded6832fd723b87c5.pngimage.thumb.png.7c82b3868fa3bf091f0648db6bdd9e7a.png

• Like 1

anyone help with the image above

I figured it out, I was using my MacBook to download and then transferred over to my PC so it had a _ before the file name ?

Edited by kidshoalin

where do I put the PCXS2-Confiigs-master files

thanks

figured that out as well, for anyone who wants to know its in the inis folder

Edited by kidshoalin