LaunchBox Community Forums

Flat and Classic Mini Consoles 1.9.2

(6 reviews)

15 Screenshots

About This File

A beautiful theme with "console mini" style menus for all your platforms!

Features of this theme:

• Main view: Simple flat version that runs fast and looks great.
  • Optional "Classic Mini" view for many systems (WIP).
  • Every Classic Mini view has it's own background music.
  • Improved original design of some "Classic Mini" (Such as PSX and Genesis).
  • Improved UI for some consoles like PS3, 3DS, etc.
  • "Classic Mini" style views for consoles that do not have an oficial Mini version (such as PS2, WII, etc.).
  • No flashy animations that may affect perfomance.
  • Platform/console selection with video (you need to download the video first from regular launchbox menu).

You can check some Videos of the theme in action on my Youtube Channel

If you'd like to support my work and help me dedicate more time to it, you can support me on:

https://www.patreon.com/Exodus_cl

patreon.thumb.png.17f9e5f363c64ca81201526bacfca537.png.

P.S.: English is not my first language so I apologise for any mistake.

Thanks to:

@y2guru for your amazing theme editor 

@thiagofirmino for providing SNK Neo Geo and Sega Saturn Mini formats.

-

-

Edited by exodus_cl

What's New in Version 1.9.2   See changelog

Released

New Xbox 360 view, check patreon for more

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Fungus Colander said:

+1! I love the game selection screens but want to use bannerbox to select the platform. Would really appreciate the project files!

Big Box has the ability to use different themes on a platform level than on a games level. In the Options you can create a "Switch Theme" keyboard/controller mapping, navigating to your platform view, click on it and choose BannerBox. Then go inside of a game view, switch theme to this one.

20 minutes ago, faeran said:

Big Box has the ability to use different themes on a platform level than on a games level. In the Options you can create a "Switch Theme" keyboard/controller mapping, navigating to your platform view, click on it and choose BannerBox. Then go inside of a game view, switch theme to this one.

Ah thanks a million! That's worked perfectly and is much less hassle

On 2/12/2021 at 5:40 AM, MuffinXXL said:

@exodus_cl Hi, I really like your theme, and however, I made some other platform with your theme as well :)  Is it ok if I could get a community version of this theme please?  I would like to add more platform based on that. 

Here is some of my work

1) Nintendo Famicom : ( cause some of japanese version of game's boxart does not fit in NES Mini , so I make one for them)186005785__16129778012537.thumb.png.049b40c308f5b831358892e4f915d32a.png2) Nintendo Gameboy Advance :

2105642374__16129785697086.thumb.png.b67cf6fcd765d1011108749e9dc912b8.png3) Nintendo DS:1101347494__16129785181910.thumb.png.4e8dbfb0cd2cd59ffb8bb4c668f16dc6.png4) Nintendo Virtual Boy:

1899868353__16130520213106.thumb.png.7db135cd262641417e62e31d7b9b2852.png5) Sega Saturn:

1922256402__16129791014791.thumb.png.da6bb990884c6708472545c2b978487d.png

Could these files be shared? Has anyone else made some designs that they could share for different consoles? i would make some myself but i wouldn't know how. i grew up with a sega master system II PAL version, Super Nintendo PAL and Sega Mega Drive II PAL which i can hardly ever find artwork themes etc. GBA,DS,3DS,PSVita,PS3,Xbox,Xbox 360?

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:53 AM, thiagofirmino said:

Nintendo Game Boy Advance

519409008_SemTtulo-3.png

Great design Thiago!, as usual you can send me the files so we can continue upgrading the theme (I'll credit the design  obviously) !

Edited by exodus_cl

1 hour ago, thiagofirmino said:

"Arcade" Em andamento...

Capturar.PNG

Looking great!

Whenever you can, please send me the PSD file, that way we don't lose quality in case I need to make some adjustments.

I'm updating the GBA view right now, thanks for your support!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozram said:

How do you install it ? HOW ???

please help

Copy the Folder to the LaunchBox\Themes Folder, thats it, choose under BigBox the Theme!

• Like 1

i was so happy as i read that there is a new version of this skin.

unfortunately there are no new mini console themes :(

i love your skin, but there are so many consoles missing.

hopefully you bring us NDS, 3DS, Xbox, PS3 someday.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the latest update! It fixed the issue (platforms text-list) which we had discussed earlier. Keep up the great work too!

• Game On 1

This is simply responsive and a gave a refreshing look to my long used Unified Theme! Covers most major platform and I could see your dedication on it!

It would be even awesome if you could add the current date/time to `Main > Platform View`  in the upper right since that area is empty/blank for now. as well. So far only `Text Details` has the time :) Looking forward for more platforms! Will give it a whirl for a couple of weeks to see how it perform! Right now on 150+ platforms and 100k+ games, it feels snappy!

Edited by dsync89
  • Game On 1

25 minutes ago, dsync89 said:

This is simply responsive and a gave a refreshing look to my long used Unified Theme! Covers most major platform and I could see your dedication on it!

It would be even awesome if you could add the current date/time to `Main > Platform View`  in the upper right...

Good idea! Done 😉

image.thumb.png.afee34ea9112fa12bdf0b28c38facc63.png

• Thanks 1

Wow that was fast!~ Thanks! Will give more feedbacks as I used it, I have a feeling this theme will stick with me for coming months, just like Unified has been for the past year. This theme really entices me to use BigBox to navigate games instead of LB.

Will post a YouTube video showcasing how it looks on my platforms.

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Good idea! Done 😉

image.thumb.png.afee34ea9112fa12bdf0b28c38facc63.png

Has anybody figured out the background music issue? I love the background music but it does not stop when the game is started. Background music keeps playing while in-game.

Confirm this is still a bugger. As a temporary workaround you can go to settings and disable playing background music.

1 hour ago, dsync89 said:

Confirm this is still a bugger. As a temporary workaround you can go to settings and disable playing background music.

That's an issue with CTC as far as I know. But I haven't been able to reproduce it at all!

What platforms are you using, what specific background music gives you trouble?

On 4/14/2024 at 11:22 PM, exodus_cl said:

That's an issue with CTC as far as I know. But I haven't been able to reproduce it at all!

What platforms are you using, what specific background music gives you trouble?

Hey there exodus! This seems to happen only for those themes with custom console themes that has background music playing e.g. Nintendo Wii U. Not sure if you can reproduce?

image.thumb.png.3b0305a1f2d4adb90b2e2cc5ccc82544.png

Excellent theme, as always. Is there any planned smooth mouse or touch support perhaps? This theme would be perfect for use with a touch screen, what with its large boxes, but BigBox's ability to scroll platforms and games with touch seems...incredibly limited and tedious.