LaunchBox Community Forums

(Bulk) Add Additional Applications 2.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

(Bulk) Add Additional Applications    A.K.A.    (Bulk) Add Run Before/After Main Application

(July 10, 2023)
This plugin is no longer supported. But [for now] still works.
Please see its successor: Bulk Add/Remove Additional Applications

The intent of this plugin to add the same Additional Application to more than one game, all at one time.  More specifically, it is to add an Additional Application you want to run Before and/or After the selected games.

*Works with LaunchBox versions 10.14 and newer.*

Setup:

• Download and extract "Bulk Run Before-After.dll" from the zip file and place it in your Plugins subfolder of LaunchBox.
  • Right click the dll file, select Properties, and click "Unblock" (if it's there) and click OK.

1705616419_Unblockdll.jpg.585eeb1aaf20ab36b92b33ac599d3946.jpg

Using the plugin:

• Select more than one game (or all of them) in your Platform.
  • Right click on one of the selected games and select "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application".
  • Fill in the Application Name, Path to the program, any necessary Command Line Parameters and then check the appropriate box if you want it to run Before or After (or both or none) the Main Application.  Click OK

You should probably test this on only 2 or 3 games first BEFORE you decide to do your entire Platform.  There is no [bulk] undo (See Additional Notes).

before-wait.thumb.jpg.5203bad45010beea12d905cfd35a3f89.jpg     after-wait.thumb.jpg.e39bd3d7036218b383c8812552485f4c.jpg

Additional Notes:

Once you click "OK", the Additional Application is added to each game you had selected.  There is no Bulk Edit or Bulk Remove**Additional Application(s). (at least by me)

It does require that you give it an Application Name and an Application Path. 

It will verify that your Application Path points to an existing file but it will not check if there's an existing Additional Application with the same Name.

**If you clicked OK when you should have clicked Cancel, you can remove them with this plugin: (Bulk) Remove Additional Applications

Edited by JoeViking245
No longer supported

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Added "Wait for Exit" option.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey Joe. Very excited about trying this out, especially like starting/stopping DS4windows with it. But it isn't working for me. The screenshot shows my path and what I am getting with my context menu. It's not blocked. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

The screenshot shows my path and what I am getting with my context menu.

Forgive me, but I'm not following what you're saying.

Thank ya Sir for the reply. I added the dll to my plugins folder. Started LB, selected a few games, right clicked on one of them, I don't see the "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" in the context menu. Also went on into edit to see if was there and don't see it either. Even re-booted PC just to make sure...

I'm not getting step 2 of "Using the plugin"

DUH! forgot to add the screenshot, forgive me....lol

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Wanderer189

17 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I don't see the "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" in the context menu.

Then LaunchBox is not [completely] loading it.  This is usually because the plugin file (the dll file) is blocked.  But you indicated you unblocked it.  Can you attach a LaunchBox debug log for me?  (if you would please, drag and drop the file in here rather than copy and pasting its' contents.)

45 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I assume it works ok with LB v11.9?

OK. My bad. I apologize.  I built it using LaunchBox v11.10 beta 3.

I deleted the original file and replaced it with one that will work with LaunchBox v11.8 and newer.

2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

OK. My bad. I apologize.  I built it using LaunchBox v11.10 beta 3.

I deleted the original file and replaced it with one that will work with LaunchBox v11.8 and newer.

Ok, that may have got it working for me. I can play with it now. Thank you Sir.

Appears to be working great!!!

Edited by Wanderer189
  • Game On 1

10 hours ago, narubox said:

one that works with 11.4?

Replaced the download with one that works with LaunchBox versions 10.14 and newer.

At least it should. ;) Let me know if you have any issues.

Hmm... I checked to make sure the DLL was unblocked, but I still can't seem to get it to appear. I'm running LB v11.12:

Didn't see anything of note in the logs, but here ya go:

Debug 2021-07-05 06-01-07 PM.log

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't read the instructions. When I right-click on a game, I do see it listed (I was looking for it at the bottom of the Options menu). While it does appear when I right click on a game, it is greyed out for me, however. Any idea how to fix that?

Edited by megashub

21 minutes ago, megashub said:

While it does appear when I right click on a game, it is greyed out for me, however. Any idea how to fix that?

image.thumb.png.221eb5e14873486bd8a5ca10667a9e42.png

No sense in "bulk" adding if you're only going to do it for one game.  ;) 

4 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

image.thumb.png.221eb5e14873486bd8a5ca10667a9e42.png

No sense in "bulk" adding if you're only going to do it for one game.  ;) 

Ahh... my brain works slightly differently, I guess. But this way certainly works too. :) Thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Versione 2.0 - Aggiunta l'opzione "Attendi uscita".

@Sbaby

Thanks a lot. that's just what I need. you are Great :) 

• Game On 1

Thanks Very much for this :) , Just setting up my sindens and needed something to add start and end scripts to all the mame games, Was thinking 70 games...... this is going to be laborious and then i come here and boom, Someones clever enough to solve the problem already.

Appreciate this plugin😎

• Game On 1

This is perfect! I just added a GRS TOS 4-8 way gate switcher to my build and this, along with the  Create Playlists from MAME plugin makes automating the 4-8 way switch so easy. I had all of my 2-way and 4-way games automated in less than 5 minutes. Now, anytime I run a 4-way game, my joystick switches to 4-way. Exiting the game returns it to 8-way. Thank you for this tool! 

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say a massive thanks for creating this, such a great plugin, save me a ton of time. Top work mate.

• Thanks 1

This is going to make my TechnoParrot setup SO much easier. I intend to add TeknoParrot itself as an additional app to allow for controller tweaking. You just made that simple. Thank you!

• Game On 1

Great plugin in Joe.

I don't know if you can or how much work it would be, but since we can't pass variables like %romfile% from LB to scripts additional applications, would it be possible to have that expansion done whilebulk editting into the command line parameters?

Without seeing the code I'm guessing you're modifying the XML anyways, and should have the romname available and instead of a simple copy and paste  of the command line options it would just need a quick substring replacement first.

Any thoughts?

• Unusual Gem 1

On 7/5/2023 at 12:45 PM, Headrush69 said:

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are, "why didn't anyone think of this before"?  This is an OMG, forehead-slap, better-than-sliced-bread and probably game-changing idea!!   THANKS!!

I'll see about getting my team on this right away.  It should be pretty straight forward and easy to implement.  The plugin is probably due for a facelift as well. ;) 

Thanks again for the excellent idea/suggestion!

• Thanks 2