LaunchBox Community Forums

Vertical Challenge Pause Theme 1.0.2

(0 reviews)

15 Screenshots

About This File

Vertical Challenge

This theme is a heavily modified version of @faeran's PausePie theme. So heavily modified that there is really not much left of his code in here. This is the first pause theme I've created, so there are bound to be some issues in the xaml code that I missed. It works though, and is a good theme for vertical cabinets.

The theme comes with 35 xbox one controller images for various platforms. If you wish to use your own images, simply replace the ones in the Game Controls folder found in the theme. You can add new platforms as well. The image must be named the same as the platform. I have an xbox controller on my system as well as arcade controls so the XBone controller is what I focused on. If someone would like to create a PS Dual Shock controller series of images and share with the community, that would be awesome. These controller images were heavily inspired by (and borrowed from) @Retro808s Game Controls FS Theme and @OhBoys controller layouts. More than those however, an old thread by @The IVI (https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/36435-request-show-controller-mappings-before-launching-game) was where I stole most of the ideas about the layout of the controllers. If someone wanted to create Dual Shock 4 mappings, this would be the place to start for how I invisioned those controllers to look in this theme.

To install, open the zip and drop the Vertical Challenge folder into the Pause Themes folder found in your LaunchBox folder. In Launchbox, click Tools then Options and scroll down to Gameplay/Game Pause. Once there, select the Vertical Challenge theme.

I've included the gimp template I created for use in making more controller images.

Controller images included

• Arcade.png
  • Atari 2600.png
  • Atari 5200.png
  • Atari 7800.png
  • Atari Jaguar.png
  • Bally Astrocade.png
  • Colecovision.png
  • Future Pinball.png
  • GCE Vectrex.png
  • Mattel Intellivision.png
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16.png
  • NEC TurboGrafx-CD.png
  • Nintendo 3DS.png
  • Nintendo 64.png
  • Nintendo DS.png
  • Nintendo Entertainment System.png
  • Nintendo Gameboy Advance.png
  • Nintendo Gameboy Color.png
  • Nintendo Gameboy.png
  • Nintendo Gamecube.png
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy.png
  • Pico-8.png
  • Sega 32X.png
  • Sega CD.png
  • Sega Game Gear.png
  • Sega Genesis.png
  • Sega Master System.png
  • Sega Saturn.png
  • Sony Playstation 2.png
  • Sony Playstation 3.png
  • Sony Playstation Vita.png
  • Sony Playstation.png
  • Sony PSP.png
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System.png
  • Visual Pinball.png

Thanks goes to everyone I've mentioned in this post, and also to @Jason Carr, @C-Beats and almost all of the rest of the Launchbox team.

Edited by JaysArcade

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

1.0.1 is an oops fix. When I created and tested this theme, I simply called it Vertical. Right before I uploaded version 1.0.0, I renamed the theme to Vertical Challenge which broke the theme, as the default.xaml no longer pointed to the correct location to the controls folder. It was still pointed to Vertical and not Vertical Challenge. Glad I caught it. Seven downloads and no one reported the control images weren't appearing for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.