LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 0.238 No-Nag 0.238

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

NOTE: This does NOT interfere with the Leader boards at all.

**This removes the nag screen that informs you if a rom doesn't work correctly, or if at all, if you use this no nag, then please do NOT go to the mame support site with issues with games, please only use if you understand that there will be no help from anyone at mamedev as you are using a modified version of mame.

mame.exe - Normal Mame with Nags removed. For Version 0.238 (Note mame no longer carries the 64 in its exe name changed by Devs in 0.229)

It's advisable to download the full 0.238 official pack and install it, then just overwrite the exe with the replacement, this covers any changes the mame devs may have made to the support files.

After you have done this, make sure you copy the folders artwork, ctrlr, cheat, hlsl, ini, folders and the ini files from the root of your original mame folder, and move/copy them to the new install.  

make sure in the mame.ini file you have  the following set.

Skip_gameinfo  1

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for compiling and sharing this No-Nag build! In the Mame 0.238 post on the Emulation subreddit I noticed:

"There are a few changes to MAME’s UI and the debugger this month. Firstly, MAME is now less eager to reset your input configuration if you run it without connecting a game controller."

This should make using controllers with Mame a little easier for a lot of people I think.

5 hours ago, Koroth said:

MAME is now less eager to reset your input configuration if you run it without connecting a game controller.

I noticed this too and was curious. I've already worked around the issue but it's good to see.

Although I'll be interested to see how well or if it works as we hope, as I get worried when I see phrases like "less eager" rather than just saying it does not reset inputs.

2 hours ago, Rauzzman80 said:

with the no nag sure it loads fast, but forget about trying to save hiscores.. not compatible... or so it seems..

NoNag builds work fine with Mame Hi-score saving as well as being compatible with LB Leaderboards. .

well then tell me why its not working for me?? I added it to my build replacing my old launcher and then i go straight to Mrs Pac-man to test it out... guess what... score doesnt save..

@Rauzzman80 Tested and its working fine, the edits go no where near any of the hiscore functions.

please check your plugin.ini file and make sure Autofire and Cheat are set to '0' and Hiscore is set to '1'

Also check you have the new hiscore folder as the folder was swapped from hi to hiscore in last months mame update.

image.thumb.png.a435dae75e18ffdf6933e3da0f075cd1.png

This is one of the main reasons i always recommend getting the full release instead of just changing the exe every month, as support files/folders can and do change. Not saying this is your issue, but has been an issue in the past with people just pasting the new file in the old folder month after month.

Edited by MadK9