LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony PlayStation - 2D Box Front - Image Pack 1.0

(1 review)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Here's a first attempt at a 2D Box Front image pack. I used the new Image Pack Creator tool in LaunchBox 12.12 to pack these up, so it should work well to import them into LaunchBox.

I'm hoping these cover the vast majority of the games that could be in your library. The pack is North America first, with coverage for some European games (and possibly a few Japanese games).

I did not create these images, but I heavily up-scaled and treated each one. I'm pretty sure the base pack that I started with was by WallyWonka, so big thanks to him.

All images were up-scaled, slightly cleaned, sharpened, and then set at a resolution of 850x850 and saved out as jpgs.

The goal here for me, was to figure out a quick way to create for myself a good quality, consistent, pack that was better than what was already out there. As I keep learning about different bulk tools to treat images, the better the results will get (if anyone knows of any good programs for this, I would love to hear about it). Then I can transfer that knowledge to other systems with the hope of being able to apply it to all the platforms in my library.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello Faeran,

In the past I've asked a lot for your help with images templates, so I think it's time to give back.

If you have an Nvidia 1X, 2X or 3X series video card I recommend using the program called Waifu2x-caffe. It's free and will do exactly what you need. It scales the image using the Waifu2X algorithm and then you can use Photoshop and use its Action mode to apply color and brightness correction.

I've been doing this for a long time on my covers and I can't find any pack with an image as good as mine.

In case you have AMD or Intel, I suggest using Topaz Gigapixel AI. It can use both Intel, AMD, Nvidia and any new CPU.

1739497916_AirZonk-01.thumb.jpg.e4191d02a72b08dc794a659011306bfe.jpg833681037_Bonk_SRevenge-01.thumb.jpg.ed7a7904555ef4c2e125f4c7d2d2a8ea.jpg1983848309_AtomicRobo-kidSpecial-01.thumb.jpg.5aedcdfc1d9495166a462fe542c8187e.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cauptain said:

Hello Faeran,

In the past I've asked a lot for your help with images templates, so I think it's time to give back.

If you have an Nvidia 1X, 2X or 3X series video card I recommend using the program called Waifu2x-caffe. It's free and will do exactly what you need. It scales the image using the Waifu2X algorithm and then you can use Photoshop and use its Action mode to apply color and brightness correction.

I've been doing this for a long time on my covers and I can't find any pack with an image as good as mine.

In case you have AMD or Intel, I suggest using Topaz Gigapixel AI. It can use both Intel, AMD, Nvidia and any new CPU.

1739497916_AirZonk-01.thumb.jpg.e4191d02a72b08dc794a659011306bfe.jpg833681037_Bonk_SRevenge-01.thumb.jpg.ed7a7904555ef4c2e125f4c7d2d2a8ea.jpg1983848309_AtomicRobo-kidSpecial-01.thumb.jpg.5aedcdfc1d9495166a462fe542c8187e.jpg

Thanks @Cauptain. Those are looking good. What kind of actions are you using in photoshop to clean up the images?

Also, where are your image packs? 😜

• Game On 1

4 hours ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Cauptain. Those are looking good. What kind of actions are you using in photoshop to clean up the images?

Also, where are your image packs? 😜

Hello Faeran,

These packs are available in a FB group called Projeto Launchbox.

Only CD/DVD/BD systems do not provide all covers, as they are restricted to the number of games per pack (20 only).

All others systems are fully complete.

FCPL.thumb.jpg.d644c19ed28466dea993f72a170cdb99.jpg

CAPAS FRONTAIS - 05.01.2022
Links:
SENHA/PASSWORD: projetolaunchbox (Don't Translate)
Edited by Cauptain
  • Thanks 1

My PS Action are simple:

1 - Image, Adjustments, Level, Preset Increase Contrast 1- 2 or

2 - Resize using bilinear sharper (my sources are 2040 or more) to 720px (Horizontal or Vertical)

3 - Filter, Sharpen, Unsharp Mask, 50%, 0.5, 0

4 - Save JPG level 12.

Claudio

On 6/24/2022 at 7:30 PM, Cauptain said:

Hello Faeran,

These packs are available in a FB group called Projeto Launchbox.

Only CD/DVD/BD systems do not provide all covers, as they are restricted to the number of games per pack (20 only).

All others systems are fully complete.

FCPL.thumb.jpg.d644c19ed28466dea993f72a170cdb99.jpg

CAPAS FRONTAIS - 05.01.2022
Links:
SENHA/PASSWORD: projetolaunchbox (Don't Translate)

Thanks, nice! Why wouldn't they just post the image packs on the forum download section? Then even more could benefit.

Thank you very much for sharing these with us.

This must have taken you a very long time.

I am a big fan of your Youtube videos where you show how to make the themes and skins.

I was making a theme but due to hdd failure it was lost.

I use a program called Vector Magic to make quick vectors. I use AI Gigapixel. Just recent a Program called

AI Photo & Art Enhancer. It crazy enhances colour and can make very nice vector shapes. It does not however support png transparency so your bg would be filled with black unless you make say a solid green colour and then remove it from your final pic.

1628073712_Ballz-TheDirectorsCutU.png

Casper [U].png

1583441368_DragonLore-TheLegendBeginsU.png