LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony Playstation

35 files

1. PSX R-Type Delta NTSC-U North America Box Cover Artwork Recontructed

This is a combo of R-Type Delta front and back covers along with a spine for use in launchbox.  I noticed while going through my collection that the previous artwork I had was not that good and the current front box artwork did not look right with the 3-D virtual jewel case feature now available in launchbox.  Hopefully this is a helpfull contribution for anyone who enjoys this game.

25 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

2. PlayStation Steam Banners

463 PS1 / PSX Steam Banners (460 x 215)
    A collection of Steam Banners for the Sony PlayStation that I've compiled, most from Steamgriddb and some that I've created myself. This is not a complete collection, however this collection contains 459 banners which includes all the popular big games and some more obscure stuff.

20 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

3. Playstation Cover - PSD File

Hey Guys 
    Recreated a high Quality PSX Cover with changeable ESRB items from the Playstation era, 
    This is in no way done to undermine the one done by "Nuboko", i just wanted the easier PSD to drop files or using upscaling and drop change the code and save 
    As always let me know if you have any issues!

88 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. Playstation Covers 3D PAL

Hi,
    I've made covers 3D of Playstaion PAL Games.
    I update pack in future for missing games or/and country.
    If you see an error of slide you can pm me and i rework media.
    Thanks all
    I begin US covers i create a new post in a future. you can support me
    Donate

2,659 downloads

(7 reviews)

31 comments

Updated

5. PS1 Sidebar cover Hi-Res remake

Dont know if anyone will find this useful but here it is, I recreated the side cover bar with the playstation logo so people can clean up media as needed. included ESRB logos as well

45 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

6. Whatscheiser's PS1 Cover Artwork

In my media collection I keep movies and games side by side. Presenting that can be a bit of a hassle given different form factors for video game boxes. I find stuff like SEGA Genesis, SEGA CD, and NES all present pretty well in terms of image aspect ratio when compared to other media such as movies and tv shows...
    However things like SNES, N64 or in this case, Sony Playstation 1 tend to stick out a bit and break up the over all presentation. (or I'm just a bit ridiculous which is entirely possible).
    At any rate sites like https://www.thecoverproject.net/ can be a great resource given many of their covers look to standardize games to something like a DVD case or universal game case. Using this website almost exclusively is how I got artwork for my SNES and N64 games. Unfortunately the PS1 titles were not as well represented.
    This collection I've put together tries to re-imagine 76 games from the Playstation 1 as if the long box format is what was used by Sony exclusively.
    So I've labeled this as "Whatscheiser's PS1 Cover Artwork" but honestly this thing is all over the place. Some are original cover art that have been painstakingly altered by me taking time to resize assets and do a bit of work to paint things into perspective. Some of these covers have some reused assets of versions found on the cover project. Some of these have been fed through AI upscalers such as https://letsenhance.io/. Some that were a bit too challenging for me to extend were even fed to DALL-E for some image extensions... which didn't work out too badly. (Mainly the Tony Hawk game covers as well as Quake II.)
    The initial template I put together made use of the Platform logos released to the community by Dan Patrick. All of these box arts should line up precisely in terms of logo placement and over all dimensions.

I've been turning out several of these a day over the last couple of months. So the burnout is here. I don't have plans to add many more titles if any. It'll kind of depend on if I feel like expanding my own collection. I'll make an effort to get these onto the LaunchBox games db as well.
    Hopefully some others can get some use out of these. Thanks!

137 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

7. PS1 - 1543 Fanart-Backgrounds (Dark)

I scraped wallpapers for PS1 and was disapointed at the amount available so I set out to fix that. I went through 1296 games, removing bad/incorrect images, finding appropriate images to match the game, all cropped to 16:9. I've lowered the brightness so they don't overpower the foreground images in the theme.

132 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

8. PS1 Pal cover art high res

Thought I would share some cover art I made a while back for the Playstation PAL Releases for anyone who wants them ?‍♂️
    Enjoy
    These are full covers and can be cropped manually as such in Photoshop etc 
    Added more covers, 90 Plus
    These can also be used in the new 3 Dimensions theme, add and set covers to unassigned/Box Full

2,363 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

9. Sony Playstation Spines (Europe) 1.0.0

Here are the spines (Europe) to go with the front covers i uploaded to make the new 3D models in Big Box look more realistic. (shown below in BB)
    This should be the full collection of PS1 games
    Credit to @phenix14000 for the origional 3D boxes i used to make the spines.

144 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

10. Sony Playstation Box Fronts for Bigbox 3D models (Europe)

Heres are some European (Pal) front boxes to make the new 3D models look more realistic for the Playstation (as shown below)
    At the minutes there is only 287 as thats all i have in my collection but if someone has the full european box front colletion and can point me to them ill make all the rest.
    The Spines for these i have also uploaded and that is the full collection.

236 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

11. Detana TwinBee Yahoo! Deluxe Pack - Video Snap [PS1]

Video snap for Detana TwinBee Yahoo! Deluxe Pack [Sony Playstation] (Japan)
    Couldn't find one anywhere on the web, so I had to make one for my Launchbox build.  Figured maybe someone else could use it.
    If people like this sort of thing, I can upload more.   ~Shizzy

21 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

12. Sony PlayStation - 2D Box Front - Image Pack

Here's a first attempt at a 2D Box Front image pack. I used the new Image Pack Creator tool in LaunchBox 12.12 to pack these up, so it should work well to import them into LaunchBox.
    I'm hoping these cover the vast majority of the games that could be in your library. The pack is North America first, with coverage for some European games (and possibly a few Japanese games).
    I did not create these images, but I heavily up-scaled and treated each one. I'm pretty sure the base pack that I started with was by WallyWonka, so big thanks to him.
    All images were up-scaled, slightly cleaned, sharpened, and then set at a resolution of 850x850 and saved out as jpgs.
    The goal here for me, was to figure out a quick way to create for myself a good quality, consistent, pack that was better than what was already out there. As I keep learning about different bulk tools to treat images, the better the results will get (if anyone knows of any good programs for this, I would love to hear about it). Then I can transfer that knowledge to other systems with the hope of being able to apply it to all the platforms in my library.

687 downloads

(1 review)

10 comments

Submitted

13. PS1 USA covers made to match the PAL ones

Made the covers to match these covers
    So they all look the same, if there are any mistakes or missing covers let me know at jayrox1965@yahoo.co.uk and I will try to change/add them.

7,738 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Updated

14. ABeezy's Sony Playstation 2.5D Front Boxart

Hey all,

Wanted to give back another set of art to the community since I have collected so much from others. This set is similar in style to my other set that I previously released for Dreamcast. Its a front boxart in a "2.5D" style. For this pack I need to make note again the jewel case is not my creation but has been modified slightly for my tastes. I also need to mention the creator of this artwork (pre jewel case), Wally Wonka. He created and shared an excellent uniform PS1 set with matching PS1 labels for perfect uniformity. I have taken his 2D PS1 front boxart set and have applied the jewel case to them. Also a shout out to SomeGeezer for helping with Adobe Photoshop Actions making this process easier! In this pack it includes most all of the NTSC Sony Playstation retail games. It is missing all the Lightspan games (learning, language, math, etc. as the box art is hart to find and I felt most people wont care for those games as is) as well as demo discs. Everything else should be included but I am human so there is a chance a few oddballs slipped through the cracks... if you do see something missing or that is inaccurate please let me know. One last tidbit, there is a different case to match how multi disc games were released. Hope everyone enjoys these as it brings a more cohesive look to your collection along with my Dreamcast set!

1,038 downloads

(1 review)

14 comments

Updated

15. Pepsiman /Legacy of kain

Here is a game theme for pepisman and a collection theme for the legacy of kain

54 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

16. PSX Box art 3D Pal Spain

Hello!
    I upload my small contribution from box PAL Spain 3D. It includes the template that I created and the font for spine. Any suggestions for improvement will be welcome as my knowledge is limited.

647 downloads

(1 review)

8 comments

Updated

17. Gran Turismo 2 Alternate Box Art (Arcade and Simulation)

"Debadges" and adds "Arcade" and "Simulation" subtitles to the box art for quick and easy identification

40 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Updated

18. Interactive CD Sampler Disc Volume 3/3.5 Box & Disc Art

This is the front and rear artwork for the slipcase, as well as the disc art for the third Interactive Sampler CD for the original PlayStation.
    The media was scanned manually by me.

30 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

19. Interactive CD Sampler Disc Volume 2 Box & Disc Art

This is the front and rear artwork for the slipcase, as well as the disc art for the second Interactive Sampler CD for the original PlayStation.

18 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

20. Interactive CD Sampler Disc Volume 1 Box & Disc Art

This is the front and rear artwork for the slipcase, as well as the disc art for the first Interactive Sampler CD for the original PlayStation.

23 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

21. Sony Playstation

Sony Playstation Marquee set

275 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

22. Sony Playstation 2D Box Pack - Japan (3911) (2 Versions)

This is a complete collection of 2D Boxes for the Original Sony PlayStation Japan Region. There are two versions. A version with all the covers squared off and a version with all the covers in CD Jewel case templates. The collection is complete and named after the 2019-3-31 ReDump rom set. There are also around 220 extra Boxes in the set that were not included in the ReDump rom set. Please note that some of the original files were not very high quality scans.
    This collection was originally a collaboration between @aorin1 , @diskmach and Myself in making the 3D Box set that I have now converted to 2D Boxes for this collection.

LIST OF BOXES IN THIS COLLECTION:
    LIST.txt

1,027 downloads

(0 reviews)

10 comments

Updated

23. Original PlayStation Japan 3D Box Pack - Authentic Set (3919)(ReDump)

It was requested if I would make a set of the PlayStation Japan 3D Boxes using the authentic templates made by @Suprakarma. I have made some modifications to the templates to fit with this set however.
    This is a  collection of 3693 3D Boxes for the Japan Region Original Sony PlayStation. Only four are missing as original artwork for them is unavailable online because they are demo discs. Also included is a folder with 225 3D Boxes that are not in the ReDump rom set.
    The naming convention is based on the 2019-3-31 ReDump set. A Database is attached.
    This project was a collaboration between @Aorin, @diskmach and myself and has taken a long time to complete. diskmach was able to work out a way of converting the original covers serial number to real names (with out this the project would never of got started) so then Aorin was able to download and rename the original artwork. I then converted the images to 3D Boxes. Thanks to more help from Aorin, who converted all the covers with missing spines to Japanese names I was able to create Spines in Japanese for about 1200 boxes that there are not scans of. 
    Any corrections that users find may be necessary please leave a comment and I will make the corrections in later releases.

Sony PlayStation - Japan.xml

1,231 downloads

(1 review)

6 comments

Updated

24. Original Sony Playstation Japan Disc Pack (1021) (ReDump)

This is a  collection of 1021 Discs for the Japan Region Original Sony PlayStation. 
    The naming convention is based on the 2019-3-31 ReDump set.
    Please note that in some cases where a game required 2 Discs or more and only one was available the first disc was given the disc 2 tag.
    Many Thanks to @aorin1 for downloading the original files and to @diskmach for converting the original serial numbers to proper names.
    LIST OF DISCS IN COLLECTION:

362 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

25. Original PlayStation Japan 3D Box Pack (3919) (ReDump)

This is a  collection of 3693 3D Boxes for the Japan Region Original Sony PlayStation. Only four are missing as original artwork for them is unavailable online because they are demo discs.
    The naming convention is based on the 2019-3-31 ReDump set. A Database is attached. Also included is a folder with 225 3D Boxes not listed in the ReDump rom set.
       This project was a collaboration between @aorin1, @diskmach and myself and has taken a long time to complete. @diskmach was able to work out a way of converting the original covers serial number to real names (with out this the project would never of got started). Then @aorin1 was able to download and rename the original artwork. I then converted the images to 3D Boxes. Thanks to more help from Aorin, who converted all the covers with missing spines to Japanese names I was able to create Spines in Japanese for about 1200 boxes that there are not scans of.   
    Any corrections that users find may be necessary please leave a comment and I will make the corrections in later releases.
    Sony PlayStation - Japan.xml

741 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated