LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee Intro Video Support 1.0.1

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

*** Edit: Note that you can use this plugin to add startup marquee video support if you are using BigBox's native marquee handling. However, I recommend you switch to my new plugIn, ThirdScreen, for startup marquee video support because it also adds support  for platform marquee videos and unlimited screens. ***

Plugin that adds Marquee Intro video support. After installing the plugin you can simply place your Marquee intro videos into the LaunchBox/Videos/StartupMarquee folder. One will be chosen randomly at startup. Static images (jpg or png) will work as well.

The marquee video will always automatically end at the same time as the main screen intro video. If the marquee video is shorter than the main screen video, it will loop until the main screen video ends (or until you hit a button to skip the intro).

See demo: 

Installation:

1. Unzip the file and drop the contents into your LaunchBox folder.
  2. Place your marquee startup video(s) into LaunchBox/Videos/StartupMarquee.

You of course have to make sure your marquee screen is set up first in your BigBox settings:

• Set your marquee screen number in Options->General->Marquee Screen
  • If you want the intro video to stretch fill the entire marquee, then set Options->Marquee Screen->Set Marquee Images to Fill the Screen
  • If you have a cut-off type marquee, then make sure your screen compatibility mode is set correctly in Options->Marquee Screen->Screen Hardware Compatibility Mode. Currently this plugin does not support the squeeze 1/2 or squeeze 1/3 modes, but all of the following screen compatibility modes are supported:
    - None
    - Monitor Cuts Off Bottom 1/2
    - Monitor Cuts Off Top 1/2
    - Monitor Cuts Off Bottom 2/3
    - Monitor Cuts Off Top 2/3
    - Monitor Cuts Off 1/3 Top and Bottom

Edited by superrob3000

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

bliberche

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

très facile a mètre en place et le résultat et génial 🤗 grâce a vous je peux utiliser mon marquee 

petite question la vidéo que vous utiliser est elle disponible en partage  ? 

Response from the author:

Yes, that video I'm using is available. I did not make it myself. It is BigBox 1080p Retro Intro by @dmjohn0x:

• Like 2
Link to review
Red Titus

· Edited by Red Titus

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

WoooooW! Works GREAT!!! Be sure to rename the video in StartupMarquee to startup. Oops, my bad. Nevermind. No name change is needed.

Response from the author:

Thanks! By the way, no need to rename the video. Put as many different videos as you want in the StartupMarquee folder (with whatever names you want) and it will choose at random.

• Thanks 2
Link to review