LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Sidebar Icons pack for Launchers 1.1.0

(1 review)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Hi all,

Just made some Custom Sidebar Icons for Launchbox. 

List for pack1:

• Amazon Games
  • EA
  • Epic Games
  • Flash
  • GOG
  • Steam
  • Ubisoft
  • Xbox

List for pack2:

• Batman Collection1
  • Batman Collection2
  • Batman Collection3
  • Batman Collection4
  • Donkey Kong Collection1
  • Donkey Kong Collection2
  • Lightgun Games1
  • Lightgun Games2
  • Lightgun Games3
  • Lightgun Games4

Hope you guys like it. Also the Windows and Web Browser icons where already in the launchbox files.

I will make more if people want more.

Edited by Vippy_man
Needed to clarify

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks very much for these, much appreciated. If you have chance could I request icons for the following please:-

Batman Collection

Donkey Kong Collection

Examu Ex-Board

Ghouls 'n Ghosts Collection

Kirby Collection

Lightgun Games

Microsoft MSX Turbo R

Nintendo Wiiware

Pinball Classics

PopCap

Resident Evil Collection

Run N Gun Games

Sega RingWide

Shmups

Sonic Collection

Street Fighter Collection

Super Mario Collection

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection

Tekken Collection

Tomb Raider Collection

I realise there are a lot here, any you could possibly make would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, erdybirdy53. said:

Thanks very much for these, much appreciated. If you have chance could I request icons for the following please:-

Batman Collection

Donkey Kong Collection

Examu Ex-Board

Ghouls 'n Ghosts Collection

Kirby Collection

Lightgun Games

Microsoft MSX Turbo R

Nintendo Wiiware

Pinball Classics

PopCap

Resident Evil Collection

Run N Gun Games

Sega RingWide

Shmups

Sonic Collection

Street Fighter Collection

Super Mario Collection

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection

Tekken Collection

Tomb Raider Collection

I realise there are a lot here, any you could possibly make would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

For entries regarding a specific game series you can probably find a sprite sheet online for one of the games in that series and then use that to make an icon fairly easily. Looked up a Kirby sprite sheet and was able to crop out this sprite for it for example
image.png.465a49ab364a5ad71269d0e4bca6595c.png

@C-BeatsYou are totaly right, simple and easy to create these items. i only changed the size to 300x200, but with can handle everyy user as he want, i think

All Killer.png

Astro City Mini.png

Blast from the Past.png

Hacks.png

Horror Games.png

Legend of Batman.png

Legend of Castelvania.png

Legend of Contra.png

Legend of Darius.png

Legend of Donkey Kong.png

Legend of Mario Kart.png

Legend of Mega Drive Shmups.png

Legend of Mega Man.png

Legend of Mortal Kombat.png

Legend of NEC Shmups.png

Legend of NES Shmups.png

Legend of Pac-Man.png

Legend of Rare.png

Legend of Resident Evil.png

Legend of Rund and Gun.png

Legend of Sonic.png

Legend of Star Wars.png

Legend of Street Fighter.png

Legend of Turtles.png

Legend of Wrestling.png

Mortal_Kombat_Logo.svg.png

Neo Geo Mini.png

NES Mini.png

PC SHMUP.png

Pinball FX.png

Pinball.png

retroachivements.png

Snes Mini.png

Super Mario.png

Edited by DerSchlachter
  • Like 1

Could someone point me in the direction on how to make my launchers, ex. steam, epic, gog, into platforms so I can use these icons.  Been using the google machine but not having much luck.

7 hours ago, RN Ninja said:

Could someone point me in the direction on how to make my launchers, ex. steam, epic, gog, into platforms so I can use these icons.  Been using the google machine but not having much luck.

As far as I know, you can only use these with this particular theme, for now anyways. I tried it out a few weeks ago with these icons. Here's the info and download

7 hours ago, RN Ninja said:

When you make a playlist or auto-populated playlist (Steam games, gog etc.) you can include it with platforms by checking a box on the details tab that says "Include this Playlist with Platforms". Then if you use the theme linked above it will show up in platforms. You will have to save the image to "LaunchBox\LBThemes\Default With Logos\Images\Platform Icons\Playlists" and name it the exact same name as the playlist name, then it will display. I included some with the theme all ready, so if you call the playlist "Steam" it will work all ready.

I downloaded a few from here 

and renamed them the exact same way they're mentioned on my LB UI (so "Saga Castlevania" for ex. instead of "Castlevania Collection"), and placed them where he says to (Launchbox/Images/Platform Icons/Playlists), but they don't show up. Is the option to add new icons blocked for the free version of LB or what?

5 minutes ago, vince16 said:

I downloaded a few from here 

and renamed them the exact same way they're mentioned on my LB UI (so "Saga Castlevania" for ex. instead of "Castlevania Collection"), and placed them where he says to (Launchbox/Images/Platform Icons/Playlists), but they don't show up. Is the option to add new icons blocked for the free version of LB or what?

"New Feature: Over 240 brand new icons have been commissioned and are instantly available in the LaunchBox sidebar (voted #3 in the last community poll); they are available immediately in the default theme, and can be easily added to custom themes. Premium users can also customize these icons to their liking by adding their own images to the LaunchBox\Images\Platform Icons folder."

The last part is important here "Premium users can also customize these icons to their liking by adding their own images to the LaunchBox\Images\Platform Icons folder" so yes you need premium to add your own.

Edited by neil9000