LaunchBox Community Forums

NoshOnThis 1.0.3

(2 reviews)

13 Screenshots

About This File

This is the initial release of NoshOnThis theme. Right now the theme is specifically optimized for 16:9 resolutions but that will be improved soon.

Make sure to read the readme.txt in the theme root, there are a few fonts that need to be installed, Dense and Exo and for the moment the custom platform category banners need to be moved into your LaunchBox\Images folder but that was actually just fixed on the live stream I am on currently and should be released with 7.11.0.1 beta.

This theme is packaged with a custom pack of platform banners, there are currently 63 of them. I will continue to create them and I am more than happy to take requests. I will also be releasing the banner pack separately as well. Make sure to clear your coverflow and platform wheel image cache or the custom banners will probably not show up for you.

There is an easter egg included with the theme that will show up randomly 1-30 minutes when sitting on a platform or game view. You may need to increase your Attract Mode delay time in order to see it.

Enjoy! 

What's New in Version 1.0.3   See changelog

Released

Change Log:

- Added Sega Classics and Pinball platform category banners

- Moved some banners to playlists that were in platforms. Some people add systems like Sega Model 2 as a platform instead of a playlist so in that case I have a copy of the banner in both folders.

- Added an opacity mask image on horizontal coverflow controls for platform views

- Another round of migrating styles to NoshOnThis.xaml

Added Banners:

Pinball.png.78e39eb7be2c7f4308b11140533990fc.png593ad1443fc2d_SegaClassics.png.341ba0192dad96b829c800715261a3f4.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Ylufy said:

it looks awesome.- But the download file says it is Version 0.8

Ya I know i forgot to change the version number when i posted.

19 minutes ago, nosh said:

Ya I know i forgot to change the version number when i posted.

Np, was just a little reminder :)

• Like 1

This is great!

I still use the bezels and fade screens you made for Rocketlauncher & Retroarch, glad you are still around and contributing to this community!! :D

Edited by nadonate
  • Like 2

Freaking awesome, some little bugs here and there that I think will be fixed soon.

That will definetely be my main theme once they are fixed.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Amazing theme nosh. This is my next favorite theme. Keep up the great work and im looking forward to what you do next.

• Like 1

Awesome work Nosh, once there are a few more banners made up i might switch to this theme, oh and also i find that on ine of the views the "screen shot/fan art image" cover a good majority of the video while i really like that view the image kind of ruins it for me, any way to disable that image?

28 minutes ago, Ripklawe said:

I keep getting plugin errors. This happening for anyone else?

Go to your plugins and right click the .dll plugins,go to properties and tick the unblock box then try again. 

1 hour ago, Mute64 said:

Go to your plugins and right click the .dll plugins,go to properties and tick the unblock box then try again. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Unblock box" I don't see that when I click on properties for the .dll file.

1 hour ago, scooter1974 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Unblock box" I don't see that when I click on properties for the .dll file.

You might need to check all four of the dll files in the plugins folder for the theme to make sure they are unblocked. I am going to comment out the control for the easter egg until I can iron out the issues.

3 hours ago, Mute64 said:

Awesome work Nosh, once there are a few more banners made up i might switch to this theme, oh and also i find that on ine of the views the "screen shot/fan art image" cover a good majority of the video while i really like that view the image kind of ruins it for me, any way to disable that image?

Someone else mentioned this, it is because you have game background videos enabled, if you turn that off it will be correct.

11 hours ago, Var5592 said:

Looks great. Any star rating support?

The cart and box art combo game view are magnificent. 

Star rating will be added eventually.

3 hours ago, Mute64 said:

I agree. Absolutely love the theme. Only issue is that I am very video theme heavy and the image layouts cover a huge chunk of the videos. I would love a view where it was wheel logos on left and right was full video with poster or cart in small bottom right. 

The videos being covered is the only reason this isn't my main theme. 

Right now I'm using RetroFresh, but I'm really excited to figure it out and switch to this. 

Thanks fir everything!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nosh said:

Someone else mentioned this, it is because you have game background videos enabled, if you turn that off it will be correct.

Ah, so Platform background videos enabled but game background disabled?

5 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

Ah, so Platform background videos enabled but game background disabled?

Yeah that is correct, i was the "someone else" who mentioned it in the support thread. Platform background videos ON background game videos OFF. I think he is going to force those settings in the next update, so there is no confusion.

• Like 1

Is there a way to have the theme use our clear logos if there is no platform banner? Or just wheel logos in general?

ive been copying and pasting my clear logos to the banner folder where there isn't s custom banner. 

Great theme! Will you please make custom banners for Nintendo DS, Nintendo Gamecube and Windows?

13 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

Is there a way to have the theme use our clear logos if there is no platform banner? Or just wheel logos in general?

ive been copying and pasting my clear logos to the banner folder where there isn't s custom banner. 

I don't think there is a way to do image priority and fall backs like you can with game images but that would be a great feature request @Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Great theme! Will you please make custom banners for Nintendo DS, Nintendo Gamecube and Windows?

Yes I will be creating those, thanks to @angelobodetti they are #1 priority.

5 hours ago, wirtual82 said:

How to remove the backcovers that are displayed?

Are you talking about the games coverflow view? If so the cartridge is supposed to show there not the back of the box and you would be seeing that because of the image priority you have set in launchbox. Removing that all together is not an option right now but i can look into doing that.

1 minute ago, wirtual82 said:

Not really. I turned off those back covers in LB settings, but now I am getting front covers over the video. Besides, I need back covers in LB, so I cannot turn them off. It's a very nice theme, but it should also include a video window because images cover the videos - basically just the same as in the default BigBox theme.

You just have the wrong settings. Go into options and in video have background platform videos checked and background game videos un checked. 

• Like 1