LaunchBox Community Forums

NoshOnThis

nosh

NoshOnThis

View File

This is the initial release of NoshOnThis theme. Right now the theme is specifically optimized for 16:9 resolutions but that will be improved soon.

Make sure to read the readme.txt in the theme root, there are a few fonts that need to be installed, Dense and Exo and for the moment the custom platform category banners need to be moved into your LaunchBox\Images folder but that was actually just fixed on the live stream I am on currently and should be released with 7.11.0.1 beta.

This theme is packaged with a custom pack of platform banners, there are currently 63 of them. I will continue to create them and I am more than happy to take requests. I will also be releasing the banner pack separately as well. Make sure to clear your coverflow and platform wheel image cache or the custom banners will probably not show up for you.

There is an easter egg included with the theme that will show up randomly 1-30 minutes when sitting on a platform or game view. You may need to increase your Attract Mode delay time in order to see it.

Enjoy! 

Edited by nosh
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hey @nosh I saw this on the live stream and liked what i saw so grabbed it but i have a issue. I seem to have MASSIVE artwork covering most of the background video on the game views. Any idea what is going on here? 

Screenshot (144).png

If  you are talking about the purple area on the lower left, that is intentional for that views, there are other views that do not have that, its there to give the title, description and details a background so they are readable, if it was just the background video there, it would be hard to read.  

3 minutes ago, nosh said:

If  you are talking about the purple area on the lower left, that is intentional for that views, there are other views that do not have that, its there to give the title, description and details a background so they are readable, if it was just the background video there, it would be hard to read.  

Yeah thats fine, im actually talking about the massive deathsmiles title screen there covering most of the video. In fact some videos that are slightly narrower aspect ratio are completely hidden behind the image, so although i can here the video playing i cant see it. Just thought i might have a setting off my end that was making that image so big. Thanks though.

Yeah thats fine, im actually talking about the massive deathsmiles title screen there covering most of the video. In fact some videos that are slightly narrower aspect ratio are completely hidden behind the image, so although i can here the video playing i cant see it. Just thought i might have a setting off my end that was making that image so big. Thanks though.

Oh I get it. That's actually where the video should be so that must be because you have play background game videos on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, nosh said:

Oh I get it. That's actually where the video should be so that must be because you have play background game videos on.

Yep that got it. I could have sworn that, that was the first thing i checked and it didn't change anything, but obviously not. Chalk that one up to user error on my part, background videos need to be off for this theme. Some have to be on some have to be off, gets confusing lol. Thanks again.

I love it! The only things I'd change are the purple text is small and hard to read, maybe make it white or larger. Also the easter egg is a little annoying, having a version without it would be nice.

Thank you and thanks for your feedback. Curious what resolution you are running, the font size is on the small side but for me the purple color pops on my monitor, it's going to be one of those things where every monitor has different brightness levels and displays colors differently. I'll see what I can do.

As for the Easter egg, are you seeing it too often? I think it is a little buggy right now, the intention would be that if your running bigbox for a couple of hours you may see it once, not so many times to the point where it is annoying. I'll look into adding a setting to turn it off and also a setting to change the possibility of seeing it.

Aweome theme @nosh I am having a strange issue that none of the metadata is showing up in the theme like the game description or anything in any of the views  and I have installed all the fonts. That same game description information shows up in other themes.Untitled.thumb.jpg.d809be140fb3e6fc74c78c8bcc8c9054.jpg

48 minutes ago, nosh said:

Thank you and thanks for your feedback. Curious what resolution you are running, the font size is on the small side but for me the purple color pops on my monitor, it's going to be one of those things where every monitor has different brightness levels and displays colors differently. I'll see what I can do.

As for the Easter egg, are you seeing it too often? I think it is a little buggy right now, the intention would be that if your running bigbox for a couple of hours you may see it once, not so many times to the point where it is annoying. I'll look into adding a setting to turn it off and also a setting to change the possibility of seeing it.

My monitor is kinda crappy with reproduction, so I'll try it on my TV tonight. I', running at 1920x1080. Yeah the easter egg is coming up about once every minute or so.

Aweome theme @nosh I am having a strange issue that none of the metadata is showing up in the theme like the game description or anything in any of the views  and I have installed all the fonts. That same game description information shows up in other themes.Untitled.thumb.jpg.d809be140fb3e6fc74c78c8bcc8c9054.jpg

t's probably because you have the scroll details for platforms and games details unchecked, that is something I need to account for when it's unchecked.

My monitor is kinda crappy with reproduction, so I'll try it on my TV tonight. I', running at 1920x1080. Yeah the easter egg is coming up about once every minute or so.

OK sounds good. Lol that is no bueno on the easter egg, that is on my short list to fix.

12 minutes ago, nosh said:

t's probably because you have the scroll details for platforms and games details unchecked, that is something I need to account for when it's unchecked.

Yes that was it,I did have the scroll details unchecked in games and platforms. I remember I did uncheck them quiet a while ago because I did not like the details to scroll in some of the other themes I tried. Some themes do not need them to scroll because you can already see all the info on the screen but it does make sense with your theme the way you have it layed out.

Just a quick note, i can still hear the easter egg while actually playing games. All other BigBox audio is muted when you launch a game except the easter egg. I am loving this theme. Thanks @nosh

Actually while i am here is there a quick and easy way to move the clock to the top right rather than the top left, i know it will be a xaml edit but some pointers would be lovely. :) 

18 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Just a quick note, i can still hear the easter egg while actually playing games. All other BigBox audio is muted when you launch a game except the easter egg. I am loving this theme. Thanks @nosh

Actually while i am here is there a quick and easy way to move the clock to the top right rather than the top left, i know it will be a xaml edit but some pointers would be lovely. :) 

Just to add on neil's comment I can still hear the easter egg even when i'm using other themes as well. I think it has to do with the placement of the Plugins folder within the Theme's root folder but that's my speculation though. Nice theme @nosh and I look forward to more creations from you keep up the good work!

P.S. For future updates you can edit the ThemeSettings.xml file to force disable the platform and game background videos in order to avoid any confusion from the users side. Just set the following lines to "true":

<ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>

<ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>

• Like 1