LaunchBox Community Forums

Current Weather Control for BigBox 1.0.2

(1 review)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Yahoo killed their YQL API on January 3rd 2019, which this plugin uses to get the weather data, so it no longer works. Until I have time to switch it to a different weather API it will remain broken.

Grila's BigBox Weather Control v1.0.2

BigBox Control/Plugin

1/3/2018

Description

This control will periodically retrieve the current weather conditions, displayed as a relevant icon, and temperature for the location you choose and display them in a BigBox theme. The location and display units (C or F) are end-user configurable. What this means is this: anyone who uses a theme that incorporates this control can set their location and display units to either Celsius or Fahrenheit by a simple edit of a config file (thank you @eatkinola for the help with that). I'm not sure if there is any want for this kind of information in BigBox (the idea came from looking at my phone's home screen), but the more options for theme's the better. 

Changelog

v1.0.2 (1/3/2018)

• Added ShowTemp bool
  • Added ShowConditions bool

v1.0.1 (1/2/2018):

• Added ShowUnits bool
  • Added ShowLocation bool
  • Added ItemSpacing property

v1.0.0 (11/8/2017):

• Initial release

Notes

This isn't a plugin that can just be dropped into the plugin's folder, it's a user control that theme makers (or anyone with enough knowledge for that matter) can incorporate into their themes much like my other controls for controller status, battery percent, etc. I've included instructions (with pictures) on how to get this into a theme.

Screenshot (upper right corner)

ss.thumb.jpg.eab30361e0c70aaf8c9d32cd807812ce.jpg

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Grila's BigBox Weather Control v1.0.1
BigBox Control/Plugin
1/2/2018

Description
-----------
This control will periodically retrieve the current weather conditions and temperature for the location you choose from Yahoo Weather and display them in a BigBox theme.

Changelog
---------
v1.0.1 (1/2/2018)
- Added ShowUnits bool
- Added ShowLocation bool
- Added ItemSpacing

v1.0.0 (11/8/2017):
- Initial release

• Thanks 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

CriticalCid

The plugin works perfectly fine and it's very easy to add into a theme. 5/5

Link to review