LaunchBox Community Forums

PASC V2 (Plain and Simple Carbon) 2.0.3

(2 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

The theme NOW supports ALL Resolutions! (tested from 800x600 thru to 4K)

This theme was written from scratch and offers 4 views for Platform (2 Horizontal, 1 Vertical and 1 Text) and 6 views for Game (4 Horizontal, 1 Vertical and 1 Text)

There are 5 color options and 3 alternate views to support Boxes, 3D Boxes and Clear Logos.

The .zip file contains custom Banners, custom Platform Clear Logos (with Template) and I have separately posted the Platform and Game Clear Logos in the downloads section.

I have included a separate Installation and Setup Guide.

NOTE:  You MUST change the video playback Engine to Windows Media Player 

Many thanks to the following people:

@SIMPLY AUSTIN for my Theme design, one of his videos inspired me

@Grila for his Controller and Battery dll’s

@Zombeaver for the platform banner idea

@viking for the platform videos

And last but not least @Jason Carr

PASC_V2_-_Installation_and_Setup_Guide.rtf

What's New in Version 2.0.3   See changelog

Released

2.0.3 - Changed the UI graphics, bars are now a little thinner.
          - Had to modify all views in order to realize slight increase in real estate
          - Modified position of Arcade stick, now consistent in all views.

2.0.2 - Changed PlatformWheelFilters2 to move Platform Info out of the way after 5 seconds, this made another platform view obsolete. 
          - Changed HorizontalWheel2GamesView & WheelGamesView to move both Vertical wheel and Game Info out of the way after 5 seconds, this  made another game view obsolete
          - Resized Alternate Box & 3D Box views

2.0.1 - Added new artwork to support Box and 3D Box views

2.0    - Completely reworked to allow for ANY resolution! no more forced 16:9 aspect ratio
         - Platform and Game Videos now stretch !
         - Tweaked font sizes
         - Tweaked position of Game Wheels for both Box and Clear Logo views
         - Added alternate view for 3D Boxes

1.0.7 - Updated Installation instructions
          - Tweaked custom Platform banners
          - Added new horizontal game view, bringing the total number of game views to 7.

1.0.6 - Updated Installation instructions

1.0.5 - Fixed video scaling issue with Platform and Game View 1 (noticed during play at 4K with 100% scaling)
          - Added New Horizontal Game View

1.0.4 - Created and included 75 new custom Platform banners

1.0.3 - Changed gradient method when text overlays videos

1.0.2 - Reduced the size of the Platform/Game Information Text by a hair.
          - Corrected some Text Scaling issues when running at 4K

1.0.1 - Corrected the following issues:-
            Arcade stick & button shadows were re-positioned incorrectly when running at 1080p with a scale set to 150%
            (at least on my laptop)

Controller, battery and time were re-positioned incorrectly when running at 4K with a scale set to 100% 
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Anytime matey! it was thanks to your videos last year that got me into the Emulator scene.

Edited by y2guru

Theme is awesome hope to see more of those awesome top banner things and those lovely clear logo rings.  

44 minutes ago, y2guru said:

@ALIE i did re-design the top banners, i included 70 +, not sure if you've been following my updates

Awsome haven't looked in a while this sounds great. 

This theme is awesome, thank you !
I think I am using HorizontalWheel2 layout, is there a way to have the 3D boxes in the bottom cover flow, and keep the original boxes in the main window on the left ?
Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, Glyph said:

I think I am using HorizontalWheel2 layout, is there a way to have the 3D boxes in the bottom cover flow, and keep the original boxes in the main window on the left ?
Thanks

Thank you for the kind words @Glyph I am currently making some tweaks to the cover flow alignment and I was playing with the idea of introducing a 3D Box View.  When you say keep the original boxes in the main window on the left... can you take a screen shot ?

Hello y2guru !

Basically I have this :

boxes-edited.thumb.png.b87560b589d3246e132a93b191744336.pngThe boxes-front on the corverflow in the bottom are duplicated  and bigger on the left side (circle red)

When I force launchbox to find the boxes in my 3D-boxes (changing the folder in the platform settings) I get this :

3D-boxes-edited.thumb.png.a9d42b4f65afee7c838d0c86f148db35.png

I worked a lot of time on my Hyperspin to have all the medias named correctly for all my platform. Now I use launchbox I find really nice to use my own 3D boxes, but find way better when I have another game box in this view and so having a different image in each window. The best would be to have the possibility to set all the image the way we want. In this example, 3D-boxes for the bottom and boxes-front for the middle left image.

I tried to force the clear logo to my 3D boxes folder and keep the rest of the folders untouched but I get a weird coverflow  :

both-edited.thumb.png.04bb3c8cb324ebcda8dc01619a35fce1.pngHope you can find a solution to my demand

Thank you !

On 3/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Glyph said:

Thanks

Try using the new version of PASC V2 as I have added a 3D box alternate set of views, then you should not have to force launchbox to do anything with your artwork

@Glyph I believe this is what you want, if so.. go ahead and download the latest version, then follow the instructions to enable 3D Box views

3D_Box_example.PNG

Great theme y2guru , one of the best in my opinion. Loved the way you made the views, but I had a problem: in my desktop (1366x768), when I change some game, its theme video or background image size is modified before the next game's video begins. It is like the video/background image is resized before the next video/background image appear.

Also, one more question, is there a way for you to add the community rating rather than "Your Rating" ?

11 minutes ago, HugoBR said:

Great theme y2guru , one of the best in my opinion. Loved the way you made the views, but I had a problem: in my desktop (1366x768), when I change some game, its theme video or background image size is modified before the next game's video begins. It is like the video/background image is resized before the next video/background image appear.

Also, one more question, is there a way for you to add the community rating rather than "Your Rating" ?

Thanks @HugoBR  I will take a look, but can you tell me which Game View is causing this issue?  you can check by going into BigBox option, then views and the current Game View will be displayed.

I'm a little behind with some of the new BigBox features, but yes I will add community ratings

7 hours ago, y2guru said:

Thanks @HugoBR  I will take a look, but can you tell me which Game View is causing this issue?  you can check by going into BigBox option, then views and the current Game View will be displayed.

Basically in all views. I've made a video, the recording was very bad (sorry), but you can see the theme video resizing before the next game's video begins to play (in the video, it looks like that my BigBox is freezing when I'm changing the game, but this is only in the video, I can assure that is not a performance problem related to my computer). Look at the end of the video (00:16), you can cleary see the theme video dimensions changing.

Video.mp4

Edited by HugoBR

15 hours ago, y2guru said:

Ah.. I’m replying via my phone but have you changed the big box video engine to windows media player?

Yes, I always select the WMP as the video engine, works better for me.

Edited by HugoBR

Guess I get to update this theme now with the new changes. Love it. Im using the original version. Cant wait to see what I looks like now. Great work

Thank you very much y2guru !
This is exactly what I wanted, this looks really great and my systems are now consistent !
:D

Thanks again

3 hours ago, Glyph said:

Thank you very much y2guru !
This is exactly what I wanted, this looks really great and my systems are now consistent !
:D

Thanks again

very welcome, glad you like it :) more changes are coming soon. 

Awesome ! Can't wait for your new changes ;)

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that your theme now works correctly with my 16:10 screen, no more black bars !
Thanks

1 hour ago, Glyph said:

Awesome ! Can't wait for your new changes ;)

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that your theme now works correctly with my 16:10 screen, no more black bars !
Thanks

you are very welcome,  I must admit i am happy with the changes myself as the theme looks consistent on 3 of my devices.  

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, HugoBR said:

Yes, I always select the WMP as the video engine, works better for me.

@HugoBR I have found the issue (I found it by mistake)  and no it is not a performance issue as I noticed this on my 4.2ghz desktop running a GTX 1080.

Go into  BigBox Options, then Transitions and select a different transition for "Game Background Transition",  None, Slide Horizontal, Slide Vertical or Fade Fast seem to work the best.  

Let me know if this helped. 

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, y2guru said:

@HugoBR I have found the issue (I found it by mistake)  and no it is not a performance issue as I noticed this on my 4.2ghz desktop running a GTX 1080.

Go into  BigBox Options, then Transitions and select a different transition for "Game Background Transition",  None, Slide Horizontal, Slide Vertical or Fade Fast seem to work the best.  

Let me know if this helped. 

Ahh now it worked !! I had to select None for the"Game Background Transition" , for it to work properly. Thank you !:D

Edited by HugoBR

18 minutes ago, HugoBR said:

Ahh now it worked !! I had to select None for the"Game Background Transition" , for it to work properly. Thank you !:D

you are very welcome, I am sorry it took me so long to figure out.