LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - WinUAE support?

teasea

Hi there. Great work on LaunchBox so far, it is proving very handy for multiple emulators. Just wanted to add a request for WinUAE support, if possible. I've messed about with it quite a bit but can't seem to make it work properly...but if I have made some rookie mistake in doing so, I'm happy to be corrected! Cheers.

Hey again teasea, bd00 made an awesome post here with a list of emulators and settings: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/troubleshooting/problem-setting-an-emulator WinUAE is in the list. It looks like it should work if you put this in the command line parameters: -s use_gui=no -s gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true -0 I haven't tried it, but give it a shot and let us know if it works. If not, I'll dive in and see if I can figure it out.

Jason Carr said I haven't tried it, but give it a shot and let us know if it works. If not, I'll dive in and see if I can figure it out.
Hey Jason, Thanks for the helpful reply - and to bd00 for the very useful list of commands. You'll be pleased to know my WinUAE and LaunchBox are now working harmoniously. If anyone is interested, I use a slightly different command from the one in bd00's list...this is to force the emulator to load a certain config, as some Amiga games will only work on certain models. The command I use is: -f A1200.uae -s use_gui=no -s gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true -0 where the bolded part is the command for loading a particular config (in this case my A1200 setup). Thanks again and I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
WinUAE may not support archived games (I don't know if they need to be or not), and what problems with the command line are you having? If WinUAE requires command line arguments to function then just copy and paste them in to the default command line parameter for the Emulator in LB.

Use WinUAELoader as the .exe, not WinUAE with this command line: -mode whdload -game %file It should work. But you need to be completely sure that everything is up and running under WinUAELoader (please google it) before you attempt to run it in Launchbox. I use WinUAELoader with the latest WHDLoad set and it works great, but I'm yet to configure it for Launchbox. Runs in my arcade machine with Maximus Arcade so it shouldn't be a problem. -Kris