LaunchBox Community Forums

Cadet Stimpy Crashes and Burns (well, not really the Burn part)

CadetStimpy

The Monkey Forum was experiencing a bit of a lull, so I figured I'd throw this in here. Wink A hit-and-run driver sent me flyin’ (I was on my bicycle) the end of last month, but it was the relatively abrupt stop of the 'crash landing' that really hurt. Well, I can’t really say it hurt right then, as I was knocked unconscious (thankfully, I think). The picture was taken not long after returning home from the ER. Stats: About 40 stitches, facial fractures, concussion, cervical neck fracture, and shit-loads of abrasions. Fun fact #1: While laying (or is that ‘lying’) unconscious on the pavement, someone stole my bike. Fun fact #2: My keys (car and house) and garage door opener were ‘on’ the bike. Fun fact #3: It cost over $310 w/taxes (are you friggin’ kiddin' me?) to replace my fancy-pants car key (fob/physical key and programming). Anyway, I’m ‘on the mend’, but, I’M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT! Frown I wish I could say this was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but it wasn't. Well, the older ones gets, the more 'stories' they have to tell. I just need some more that have 'happy endings'. Laugh A few comments from some of my friends: 1) Steve: "That pic does show a marked improvement in your looks." 2) Robert: "Lovely pic...post it to Match.com. You'll get a lot of hits." 3) Gail: (An addendum to her first message) "Oh and this… http://bfy.tw/Acf." Mike-Face-Wreck-1.jpg P.S. I told Karma they had the wrong guy. Karma wasn't buyin' it. Laugh

Holy crap dude. Glad you're alive. That is amazingly awful. It's hard to believe that good people even exist in a world filled with people like that. Unbelievable. I'll pray for your recovery. Thanks for sharing that all with us. And yeah...maybe I should buy a bicycle helmet. :/

Glad your ok, what a nasty individual to steal from an injured person and not stop to supply aid or help instead. This world is going to pot, its hard to believe that not too long ago people could leave their doors open, neighbours were willing to help each other, and if someone stopped at the scene of an accident they were willing to give whatever little help and assistance they could. What a difference the years make. Who ever the individual that stole from you in the condition you described will get their cum uppance in time what goes around has a nasty habit of coming around. Speedy recovery our thoughts are with you.

This is just so shocking Stimpy. Thank God you are still with us. It's unthinkable that someone could do this to you and simply drive away. But then again in our so-called modern society maybe it's not. I'm from an older generation myself and can never get my head around things like this. My prayers are with you for a good recovery.

Whooaa! That looks painful pretty boy. Glad your OK though (within reason) and I find it disgraceful that someone left you for dead and stole your bike, not to mention the other hitting you with their car and driving away. The world can be a dark place. Also... I hope you don't mind me asking... But, you don't owe "people" money do you? Wink All the best in your recovery. Smile

bd000 said Whooaa! That looks painful pretty boy. Glad your OK though (within reason) and I find it disgraceful that someone left you for dead and stole your bike, not to mention the other hitting you with their car and driving away. The world can be a dark place. Also... I hope you don't mind me asking... But, you don't owe "people" money do you? Wink All the best in your recovery. Smile
First of all, thanks very much to all of you who had concern for my 'situation'. Sympathy helps raise my spirits. Smile bd000, as it turns-out, I didn't owe thugs any money (this month). Wink

My bike has been recovered! Super-annoying part: The hospital had it the whole friggin’ time! First, I’d like to apologize for blaming the now-known-to-be-fictitious bike thief, but after numerous inquiries to the hospital, police, fire department, and ambulance people, everyone was claiming they didn’t have it, so I assumed it had been stolen. I eventually made one final round of calls, and learned the hospital had it, but had ‘misplaced’ it (for several days). Really??? According to one of the security supervisors I spoke to there, their protocols for these types of things are going to be revamped, so some good may come out of it. My car dealership wouldn’t take the fancy-pants key-fob back (since it’s now ‘used’), but they did give me a $70 ‘store credit’, which is certainly better than nothing.

Cadet Stimpy said
bd000 said Angry ex maybe? Laugh
Well, she's certainly capable of that. Frown When I got divorced, the cops were involved, and they had to use handcuffs (but not on me). But that's another story. Smile
Wow, sorry.
Cadet Stimpy said My bike has been recovered! Super-annoying part: The hospital had it the whole friggin’ time! First, I’d like to apologize for blaming the now-known-to-be-fictitious bike thief, but after numerous inquiries to the hospital, police, fire department, and ambulance people, everyone was claiming they didn’t have it, so I assumed it had been stolen. I eventually made one final round of calls, and learned the hospital had it, but had ‘misplaced’ it (for several days). Really??? According to one of the security supervisors I spoke to there, their protocols for these types of things are going to be revamped, so some good may come out of it. My car dealership wouldn’t take the fancy-pants key-fob back (since it’s now ‘used’), but they did give me a $70 ‘store credit’, which is certainly better than nothing.
Glad to hear you got your bike back. Hopefully they will get their protocols sorted.

bd000 said
Cadet Stimpy said
bd000 said Angry ex maybe? Laugh
Well, she's certainly capable of that. Frown When I got divorced, the cops were involved, and they had to use handcuffs (but not on me). But that's another story. Smile
Wow, sorry. Glad to hear you got your bike back. Hopefully they will get their protocols sorted.
No apology's necessary. It wasn't so fun when it happened, but it makes a great "OMG" story now. Laugh Yeah, hopefully they will, and I don't have to buy a new bike, either. Smile