LaunchBox Community Forums

Started experimenting with RA shaders tonight

DOS76

SentaiBrad said That makes sense that it can't change folders either.
this rings a bell on what i read about somone useing Pie, putting it in the root. if any one finds out 100% please shear with thanks for all the coments! might make a good vid.... thanks wear is the root Shaders folder?

The root shaders folder is the folder labeled "Shaders" in your Retroarch folder with the exe. Inside the shaders folder is the shaders_cg and shaders_glsl folders along with all the cgp files that created for each core as you load them. On thing you could do to easily cycle through the shaders you like is to load a core and the load a shader preset and this will generate a cgp file in the shaders root folder named something like "genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll.cgp" as an example. What you could then do is rename that file to something that makes sense to you. Then load up another preset on the core and rename the core.dll.cgp file like you did before to another name. Once you do that several times for the shaders you like and want to be able to cycle through you should have a bunch of cgp files. For example "shader1.cgp", "shader2.cgp" and "shader3.cgp". I hope all that makes sense in text, it makes sense in my head lol.

Load Shader Presets thats where the glsl and cg folders are as you save the shaders they will be moved outside of the folders to then you can switch through them or at least that is what I understand. I'm actually going to go test it right now.