LaunchBox Community Forums

Taito Type X and X2

whitoxx

whitoxx said Does anybody using Launchbox to run Taito Type X and X2 games? If yes, would you advise how to set it up? Thanks in advance!
I've never used it before, but just treat it like anything else. Add it to your list of emulators, specify the platform and set it as default. Import your games for that system. Lets the import process go and just launch the games. If it doesn't work, try and see if there are command like arguments for the emulator and play around with them.

whitoxx said Thanks for your reply but have you tried this? I think it is not that simple. If you can do it, please kindly quote an example for me. Thanks.
I've never used it before
Yea it might not be that easy, or it could be that easy. My point was really to experiment.

I don't know a lot about these games, other than they seem to be PC based - sort of like a customised PC inside an arcade cab. I think they use a built-in version of XP or Linux and a really top-end graphics card. I've seen reports of some people getting them to work with some success using ArcadePC Loader. Other than that I'm all in the dark. Sorry.

• 2 years later...

Hi so I am going through the process of emulating TAITO TYPE X games.

These game "roms" do not behave the same way other game roms work, by using an external emulator program, the emulator and rom are sort of embedded together.

As spycat said they work like WINDOWS PC GAMES using .bat or .exe files to launch the games.

So the way I got them to run

1 CREATE A PLATFORM

2 ADD EACH GAME INDIVIDUALLY - ADD CTRL+N

3 BROWSE FOR .BAT OR .EXE FILE FOR EACH GAME IN "APPLICATION PATH" FIELD

4 CLICK "EMULATOR" TAB UNTICK "USE AN EMULATOR TO PLAY THIS GAME"

5 ADD ARTWORK FILES - CLICK "NO" TO SETTING UP EMULATOR

ROTATE SCREEN FOR PORTRAIT GAMES

1. Extract the Display.exe to a location of your choice (e.g., C:\Display.exe).

2. Use the [right-click] -> New -> Shortcut dialogue to create shortcuts for the desired orientations:

C:\Display.exe /rotate:0
    C:\Display.exe /rotate:90
    C:\Display.exe /rotate:180
    C:\Display.exe /rotate:270

3. (optional) In each shortcut's properties, you can specify a Shortcut Key.

Download my version of game.bat for rotating and launching game

Download GameRes.dat for 1920x1080 forced resolution, or change to suit -place GameRes.dat in game directory

cheers Bman

display.zip

GameRes.dat

game.bat

Edited by bman83
FIXED POST