LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble with Yabause through Launch box

Syriacn

by far "mednafen" is now the go to......play's all my Sega Saturn....and PCE.CD's   

simply Austen too-it....out their     no more loading to virtual drive...   12/3/16

just put bios files in root:  good to go.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Xcade  b17c    5.4    w/ atracttmode....custom.. bartop

1983 centipede cab w/ Big Box   life updates..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok 1st off your bios files need to be placed in your systems folder instead of the state folder. Can you get RetroArch to load the Saturn games outside of LB? That should always be where you start this way you know if RA is your problem before you start investigating LB.

My bad. All is good now. Thanks for pointing that out. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 months later...

You do know Yabause stands for Yet Another Broken Ass Useless Saturn Emulator right?:D

On a serious front though is there any reason you don't want to try the Mednafen Saturn core in RetroArch I highly recommend it.

Edited by DOS76

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

You do know Yabause stands for Yet Another Broken Ass Saturn Emulator right?:D

On a serious front though is there any reason you don't want to try the Mednafen Saturn core in RetroArch I highly recommend it.

I'll try Mednafen for Saturn !!! Thanks

• 6 months later...
On 2/19/2017 at 11:32 PM, JJLR said:

Can I add scanlines shader on Yabause ?????

That gave me a chuckle. That is like putting sugar onto a steaming pile of dog shit lol. Not a chance.

Holy smoke. I'm sat here at the moment trying to configure Yabause and it is useless. I'm taking advantage of the new "Launch With" feature available with 7.11 and bolstering my collection of alternative emulators and trying emulators that I haven't already.  One thing about this stupid emulator that is really getting up nose.....is that instead of showing 1 error, you'll have to click through about 5 everytime. Argh. Anyway, as you were......

As DOS76 said, Yet Another Broken Ass Saturn Emulator

(As a side note for anyone else interested......Yabause only uses .bin / .cue files (barely). It won't work with .mds / .mdf, nor will it work with .iso / .cue either. SSF works with all three of those formats.)

Edited by JamesBond@ge